Team-BHP - SBI cuts home, car and retail loan rates
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   SBI cuts home, car and retail loan rates (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/29890-sbi-cuts-home-car-retail-loan-rates.html)

Mumbai October 10, 2007
Quote:

State Bank of India (SBI) today announced a reduction in interest rates on various retail loans as well as loans for transport operators and farm mechanisation.

As part of the festive season offer, the bank has reduced interest rates on all new home loans, car loans, two-wheeler loans and personal loans. Home loans are now cheaper by 0.50% to 1% depending on loan maturities and the amount of loan. The bank is also offering a discount if the borrower has a salary account with it and a further discount if a higher margin is available.

Interest rates on new car and two-wheeler loans have been reduced by up to 1% depending on the amount and maturity of loan. New car loans are now available at 11% to 12% depending on the loan amount, maturity and type. Similarly, personal loans are now cheaper by 0.50% to 1%. In addition, the bank is offering 50% concession in processing charges on all personal segment loans.

For small road transport operators in the SME sector, the bank has reduced interest rates by 1% to 2% and the applicable rates will now be in the range of 10% to 12.25% for various loan maturities.

The festival offer is also extended to farm mechanisation loans (tractors, power tillers, combine harvesters, etc.) by a reduction in interest rates ranging from 1% to 2% with immediate effect.

The proposed rates are applicable for all new loans sanctioned on or after October 8, 2007 and are valid up to December 31, 2007.
Source

Also there is decrease in AutoLoans by 0.75%, came in today's TOI Auto section...

Abhi

yepp I read it too and the thing is that it will take time to reach DSAs and hence, wait till weekend to sign on the dotted line. Got in touch with HDFC guys at Andheri Mumbai, they too are anticipating some decision this week on revisions. So things are brightening up. And you may have seen an article on the excise duty rates too for mid segment- to be brought down from 24 % to 16 % and would mean approx. 80K for a car costing 10lakhs . any concrete info on this would be welcome. look out for Skoda and Toyota and Honda. Skoda incidentally is the fastest manufacturer as per my experience to revise rates in view of these changes.
Surprising part is that the prices of dollars v/s rupee doesnt seem to have impacted the prices as yet.
come on team .. push a lil bit more..I guess this forum of like minded people can make a lot of difference. Any views? welcome.

1% if I can quote my own post.

Quote:

Interest rates on new car and two-wheeler loans have been reduced by up to 1% depending on the amount and maturity of loan. New car loans are now available at 11% to 12% depending on the loan amount, maturity and type.
Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 591513)
Also there is decrease in AutoLoans by 0.75%, came in today's TOI Auto section...

Abhi

I got a quote from SBI people. Current inte rate is 11.25%. 0.25% is the processing fee.
Other Benefits:
- Part Prepayment is allowed after 1 year without any charges.
- Full Prepayment is allowed after half the tenure without any charges.
- Optional cover on Loan (Your family member would not be liable to pay in case of ur death). Its 95 rs PM for a loan of 7L for 5 years.

All in all this is the best deal available in the market today

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbey4u (Post 607638)
I got a quote from SBI people. Current inte rate is 11.25%. 0.25% is the processing fee.
Other Benefits:
- Part Prepayment is allowed after 1 year without any charges.
- Full Prepayment is allowed after half the tenure without any charges.
- Optional cover on Loan (Your family member would not be liable to pay in case of ur death). Its 95 rs PM for a loan of 7L for 5 years.

All in all this is the best deal available in the market today

Yes. Its a good deal. I took a car loan from SBI for 9.75% last year. All other conditions were the same. No "PRE-EMI", 4% penalty nonsense in SBI.

Seriously. The upfront paper work may be more but the other things are good for SBI.

I made the mistake of not taking up SBI. Now I regret.

I have finalised PSB @ 11.25%. The good thing is that they are prepared to give 90% on the on road price. The filing charges are very nominal though I do not remember the exact amount. The best thing is that no pre payment charges. The only bad thing is the tons of paperwork that has to be managed by yourself. But all in all its a good option that should be considered is the paperwork can be managed

harjeev, the rate you got is high... just sealed the deal with HDFC @ 9.6%, infact was offered 9.3% from ICICI but i did not take it due to my long term relation with HDFC.

yes, sbi seems to be best bet for loans. I got mine on the same rates and terms. Took 5-6 days but I made only 2 visitis to bank, once for form and next for paper signing. If you have all the documents, i dont think there any hassel in getting through. :)

That is quite low :Shockked: , whats your loan amount and term ?? and for which car ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 608618)
harjeev, the rate you got is high... just sealed the deal with HDFC @ 9.6%, infact was offered 9.3% from ICICI but i did not take it due to my long term relation with HDFC.

in case private banks what one sees on paper is not what one gets. ICICI, HDFC etc will collect one EMI immediately, not after one month like PSU banks. so if one is taking one lakh loan and has to pay 3000 EMI, bank will collect one EMI imm, so actually they are giving a loan of Rs 97000 but charging interest for one lakh. calculate for full term one will see the difference.
one more thing is they calculate either annual rests( HDFC usually does this) or montlhy rests.
if one says he is not willing to pay upfront EMI either the rate will change or EMI amount will change.
9.6% form HDFC seems too true to believe. it may be flat rate or if it is not, it is very good deal esp if there is no upfront EMI

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 608645)
That is quite low :Shockked: , whats your loan amount and term ?? and for which car ??

the loan amount is 7.50 lacs and the tenure is 5 years with no advance EMI. the bank had offered 90% on the on-road price, that no other private bank offers. Loan is for the Tata Safari Dicor 2.2

Loan amount is 39lakhs on BMW 525d

39 Lakhs is a big sum. No wonder you were able to negotiate better rates!!