Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 10:37   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Please check this with your work station that do they have a tie-up with them or not?
Earlier Maruti used to have a tieup with Royal Sundaram. Mine was done twice with them.

Now they have migrated to IFFCO. Yes, they do have cashless facility.

Was wondering how IFFCO is w.r.t claims.

And I have a NCB with Royal Sundaram. If I migrate to IFFCO, Can I get the NCB from them also. Do I need to get any docs from Royal on the same ?

Thanks for all your replies
Old 21st July 2009, 17:04   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Now they have migrated to IFFCO. Yes, they do have cashless facility.

Was wondering how IFFCO is w.r.t claims.

And I have a NCB with Royal Sundaram. If I migrate to IFFCO, Can I get the NCB from them also. Do I need to get any docs from Royal on the same ?
Every year you can change the company and your NCB will not be affected. Iffco is doing good don't worry on that part.

Till the time you are getting Cashless all the indurance companies are good only.
Old 30th July 2009, 07:37   #168
asa

Very happy with bajaj-allianz, very easy online renewal, once had to settle cashless claim. No problems
Old 5th October 2009, 23:28   #169

Tata AIG Pearl Plan

I was told that only Linkway Honda has a tieup with Tata AiG to offer this plan. Some highlights are - 0% depreciation and 100% claim (The dealer says "Even if you have a scratch on your bumper, it will be 100% claimable"). Further, they also insure the contents e.g. purse, laptop etc if it is stolen during a theft.

I'm wondering what to do.
Old 6th October 2009, 06:35   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parikshat View Post
I was told that only Linkway Honda has a tieup with Tata AiG to offer this plan. Some highlights are - 0% depreciation and 100% claim (The dealer says "Even if you have a scratch on your bumper, it will be 100% claimable"). Further, they also insure the contents e.g. purse, laptop etc if it is stolen during a theft.

I'm wondering what to do.

To start with get the quotations for the insurance from AIG and any other company.
For me they said that 0% depreciation + NCB protection feature will cost 5k extra. ( Vanilla insurance 7.5k, with all features 12k).

Regards,
Old 6th October 2009, 10:13   #171
BHPian

Which Insurance is best Features wise? Can anyone put lights on newly launched plan by various Insurers. How is Oriental? Though i have been using one for quite long but havent taken any claim yet?
Old 6th October 2009, 10:47   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Which Insurance is best Features wise? Can anyone put lights on newly launched plan by various Insurers. How is Oriental? Though i have been using one for quite long but havent taken any claim yet?
It is difficult to compare government management insurance company and a private management insurance company so, I would request not to do that as you will also agree that service wise they both have very large difference.

If you need service at any stage in your insurance policy, you have to come to private insurance company only.

Understand one thing very clearly ALL the private insurance company are here to stay and do business, all insurance company need's business and need good name in the market. (Please remove Icici and Reliance from this list.)

New plans are something very much new for all of us here also so, don't have much details as how the claim's are working.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:35   #173
BHPian

Experience with Tata AIG

I renewed my insurance with Tata shifting from Reliance, based on all the wonderful yarns they spun. Like many of you I also flipped for the Service Voucher and the Travel voucher. Both of which never came.

Repeated calls to their call center was hopeless. Mails to their cc was just not getting ANY response.

Then I managed to get hold of a person who works for Tata AIG and he managed to get my case heard by some internal guys. I had an issue with my coverage which did get sorted out but the other 2 issues are still unaddressed. My contact tells me he knows the guy who has this ugly task of answering calls like mine with answers which cannot be satisfactory and beyond his control. It seems the Tata-AIG guys n agents devised this whole scheme last year to grab the market but unable to keep up their promise admittedly. To add jam to the bread, my contact tells me he has insured his car with Bajaj understandably!

I keep getting calls from the agents for renewal and I keep reminding them to check the records and send my stuff first before talking.

Also thinking, whether we should gang up and have a class action suit on them since most respondents with Tata AIG have similar experiences.

Dont know about the claims processing part. Touch wood, I am still a virgin in areas of accidental contacts
Old 7th October 2009, 09:18   #174
Senior - BHPian

As business of Tata is increasing day by day, more and more bad story (Related to policy and servicing issue) are coming up. Till the time there claim's are good one should not worry on there reliability as such.
Old 4th August 2010, 15:12   #175
BHPian

I'm in the process of renewing my Insurance for the car. Its a Skoda Laura L&K MT 2006 model. My existing insurer Cholamandalam-MS has given me an IDV of Rs.9,29,000 with a premium to be paid for Rs.22400.

Any idea what the competitive quotes would be at?

The car has a NCB from last year, I had claimed a tail-light for replacement about 3yrs ago, apart from that there are no claims on the Insurer.
Old 15th August 2010, 21:31   #176
BHPian

3year old Chevy spark is due for insurance renewal next month.

1. Should i get in touch with chevy dealer or choose myself (don't know much about it) ?
2. Do you guys recommend any particular vendor ??
3. What kind of insurance is the best (ok close to best) ?
4. What things to keep mind when renewing insurance ?
5. Can we change the vendor during renewal ? any impact ?

Please advice.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:49   #177
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please do not post the same query again and again in different threads. Please wait for some time for your query to be answered in the other thread. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th September 2010 at 00:19. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:18   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I'm in the process of renewing my Insurance for the car. Its a Skoda Laura L&K MT 2006 model. My existing insurer Cholamandalam-MS has given me an IDV of Rs.9,29,000 with a premium to be paid for Rs.22400.

Any idea what the competitive quotes would be at?

The car has a NCB from last year, I had claimed a tail-light for replacement about 3yrs ago, apart from that there are no claims on the Insurer.
Please take multiple quotes and check the rates. I don't recommend any particular insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
3year old Chevy spark is due for insurance renewal next month.

1. Should i get in touch with chevy dealer or choose myself (don't know much about it) ?
2. Do you guys recommend any particular vendor ??
3. What kind of insurance is the best (ok close to best) ?
4. What things to keep mind when renewing insurance ?
5. Can we change the vendor during renewal ? any impact ?

Please advice.
1. I think they will come to you for renewal.
2. No
3. Comprehensive Insurance policy.
4. Please read the FAQ.
5. Yes you can change. No impact on the policy.
Old 16th September 2010, 19:27   #179
BHPian

I think the Tata AIG offers best of the options for a car insurance policy. The Tata AIG offers some of the exclusive features and facilities which are not on offer by any other car insurance provider. This months Autocar magazine has given a booklet called The Unbelievable Car Insurance Factbook. This book has revealed so many finer points involved in car insurance. It is very helpful in chosing a car insurance policy and plan.
Tata AIG offers a policy called Return to Invoice Cover which covers full invoice value of the car, registration and road tax of the vehicle for upto 3 years from the date of purchase. So if you have access to the said booklet please go through it and it will surely help you decide.
If anyone has the booklet please scan and post it on this thread and it will be helpful for the members on the forum. I dont know how to do it so I am not able to post the scanned pictures on this post.
Old 17th September 2010, 18:24   #180
BHPian

My insurance is up for renewal with Bajaj.

Last Year what I paid
IDV 3,64,706
Premium - 9,473
No Claims

This Year's quote
IDV - 3,60,645
Premium - 14,080
1 claim - 7740

What do you guys think of this year's quote?
Any room for discounts?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks