United India Insurance Company 0 0%
Universal Sompo Insurance 0 0%
Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 16:30   #196
BHPian

Bajaj Allianz is quoting insurance premium of Rs.12477 for IDV of Rs.443000 on Ford Figo 1.2 DURATEC PETROL TITANIUM. Am also being offered 24/7 road side assistance included in it. I am located in New Delhi.

Is this a decent deal?
Old 16th November 2010, 07:40   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I have got a quote from Cholamandalam Insurance for my Fiesta Insurance renewal through the Ford Dealer in Thane. They have quoted a premium of RS 12869 for an IDV of 573750. The dealer has a cashless tie up with Chola. How good is the Insurance Co as far as claims settlement is concerned and how about their customer support.

I also got an online quote from Royal Sundaram for an IDV of 665950 a premium of 11611/-. How is Royal Sundaram claims settlement history? I got a confirmation from them about cashless settlement for Ford vehicles anywhere in India however the Thane Ford dealer is not acknowledging the same.

Confused what to do and who to go for?
Finally went for the Royal Sundaram Car Insurance.
IDV: 587850
Premium: 10546
Add on covers: None.
Buying mode: Online

This was done after the Thane Ford Dealer confirmed that now they have cashless claims settlement with Royal Sundaram also (which earlier was not the case).
Old 27th June 2011, 14:45   #198
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Hi,

I missed the renewal date of my car's Insurance Policy. I had a couple of questions at this point of time:

Q1. Would I be charged extra for missing the date?
Q2. Can I change to another Insurance Provider? What process would I have to follow for the current one?
Q3. Is there any transfer kind of a thing from my current Policy to another Policy from another provider?

My first car and the first renewal date, hence such newbie questions.

MaSh
Old 10th July 2011, 01:09   #199
BHPian

No one visits this page I guess.

Has any one tried out the Insurance from Reliance? There is this guy sitting in a Reliance Fresh store close to my place. Will be going to him tomorrow to get a quote.
Old 26th July 2011, 17:36   #200
BHPian

Guys,
I am about to renew the policy.I Got a call from an agent(Bajaj Allianz),priced at 12780/- with an IDV of 355500/- for Beat LT Petrol.It is including 0% depresiation.Any suggessions?Shall I go for it?Existing policy expires on August 20 and I dont have an NCB this time
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:45   #201
BHPian

Hello Guys... Could some suggest a provider for me with the quotes i have here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2453540
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:35   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Hello Guys... Could some suggest a provider for me with the quotes i have here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2453540
From the quotes, loolks like Bajaj Allianz is suited for you. Are these quotes got from online or from the agents? If they are from agents then try some of these Insurers online quotes too, they might be lesser that the amount you got.

There are a few Insurers presently who give zero depreciation. Hope you choose the right one.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:01   #203
BHPian

Quote:
From the quotes, loolks like Bajaj Allianz is suited for you. Are these quotes got from online or from the agents? If they are from agents then try some of these Insurers online quotes too, they might be lesser that the amount you got.

Thanks.. ghodlur
There are a few Insurers presently who give zero depreciation. Hope you choose the right one.
Thanks Ghodlur
Except Future G, all of them are online. I just confirmed that Concorde motors not having cashless for Bajaj.
BTW, what is zero depreciation is all about? who are the providers as of today has this?
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:07   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Thanks Ghodlur
Except Future G, all of them are online. I just confirmed that Concorde motors not having cashless for Bajaj.
BTW, what is zero depreciation is all about? who are the providers as of today has this?
Has Bajaj confirmed this? Normally the workshops come up with an excuse of saying they dont have a cashless tie up since they are mostly interested in making the customer take the Insurance from the co of their choice (due to the commissions involved). Re check the same with the Bajaj, you might be in for a surprise.

Regarding the zero depreciation its an addon feature normally provided by Insurers like Bajaj, Royal Sundaram, Tata AIG which is useful for a new car owner in case of any accidents or insurance claims. The owner does not have to pay anything from his pocket. This features comes at a price and increases the normal Insurance cost by atleast 2K more. You may want o read the benefits of the same on the Insurer's website. Hope this helps.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 18:15   #205
Senior - BHPian

My claim experience with Oriental

My car's IDV is about 3.8L & I paid about 8.2K as renewal insurance. My car had scratches on left side and decide to claim insurance. The estimate was 40K but the actual bill came to 20K. The insurance paid 17.4K and I had to pay the rest.

Feedback on claim:
+ve:
1) Good claim amount
2) Fast process - surveyor inspected the car within 24 hours of reporting. Cheque was ready within 2 days after delivery.

-ve:
1) No cashless facility and the process requires visit to insurance office. Actually the process is,
- get estimate from garage
- submit the estimate & other documents at the claim office (BTW, there is only 1 claim office for whole of Bangalore). Documents verified against originals.
- surveyor inspects the vehicle and submits his report
- After delivery, garage sends bills to the insurance company
- Insurance calls & informs that cheque is ready. You have to visit their claim office to collect the cheque.

Last edited by msdivy : 10th August 2011 at 18:22. Reason: Corrected IDV
Old 10th August 2011, 19:32   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
My claim experience with Oriental
@msdivy

Good for you that the claim process was relatively smoother inspite of the cashless option not available.

Instead of you running around why didn't the garage guys collect the cheque on your behalf. You could then pay your part and collect the delivery of the car. Was the cheque given to you by the insurance co in your name or the garage's?
Old 10th August 2011, 19:41   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of you running around why didn't the garage guys collect the cheque on your behalf. You could then pay your part and collect the delivery of the car.
Cheque is issued after the payment receipt reaches the insurer.
Quote:
Was the cheque given to you by the insurance co in your name or the garage's?
Cheque was in my name. I had paid the garage in full before taking the delivery.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 16:49   #208
BHPian

Hi, I read in the beginning of this thread in a couple of posts that Sundaram was quite highly rated and responded well to claims and there were generally no hassles with them.
But that was back in 2008. Can anyone tell me if Sundaram is still good? I'm getting the best quotes from them.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:45   #209
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have an option to take Honda assure with my new jazz or go with my own choice of service provider. by going with the likes if Tata/ICICI i will save about 4k.

What i want to know is if its worth paying the premium for taking Honda Assure. What are the advantages vis-a-vis Honda assure. If not, which company should i go for?
Old 24th September 2011, 23:02   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys we just booked a Toyota altis diesel. The difference in insurance is between what the dealer is offering and whats available outside is huge. The SA told me they are tied up with only 4 companies and Toyota will honour cashless claims from only these: Iffco Tokyo, Icici lombard and 2 others. The dealer quoted the insurance for around 47k. I talked to an agent outside who handles tata aig and bajaj. He gave me a quote for 28k for the tata aig and 35 k for the bajaj( this one covers engine seizing issue too). All quotes are supposedly 0% Dep. Now I am totally confused as to what to opt for as the difference is quite a lot. The SA is not ready to bring down his figure and has apparently no issues with me getting the insurance done from outside.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed