Universal Sompo Insurance 0 0%
Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2013, 16:05   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

I have been having trouble finding online quotes for a Mercedes ML250.

Dealer is quoting Rs. 1,66,404 for 0 dep.

Bajaj Allianz sales rep called & quoted best quote of Rs. 1,49,071.

Reliance website did'nt have the ML 250 listed so I chose the ML 350 CDI and they quoted Rs. 95,329.

HDFC Ergo website quotes Rs. 92,308.

Royal Sundaram sales rep was clueless about the ML 250 and said he will call me back in 24 hours after finding out the premium for this particular model.

Why the huge differences in amount's? Is something missing in the online quotes?

Last edited by amit : 23rd February 2013 at 16:12.
Old 9th April 2013, 11:44   #227

Since my insurance is due for renewal next month, decided to check out online quotes. Insurance companies are quick at the moment.

ICICI Lomard and Bajaj called me back even before I can go through the quote online. ICICI guys were trying to be very helpful by guiding me to payment page and completing the payment part then and there :-)

Bajaj Allianz lady said that she would give more discount than what is shown on webpage when I was viewing it but they can give that quote only 45 days before the policy expiration date. So waiting for that "extra Discount" quote from Bajaj.

In the mean time, decided to call my Royal Sundaram agent who helped me renew policy last year. He has switched the jobs and I came to know that there is one more player in this field.

http://www.libertyvideocon.com/motor-insurance.aspx

My previous agent is willing to help me buy policy from Liberty Videocon, but premium quote is same as Royal Sundaram, so not willing to switch over. ICICI and Bajaj has less premium and of course less IDV listed for my car compared to what my current insurer RS is quoting.

I have been with RS for last 7 years and one small claim of about 20K in 2008 was handled reasonably well, though I ended up paying 25% of that.
Old 10th July 2013, 16:22   #228
BHPian

My car insurance for Punto is due next month, and I am confused. My current insurance is from Future Generali. I have a offer from an agent from Bharathi AXA with a diference of Rs.1700/- in premium amount (FG:14930/- B-AXA:13340). I am confused.

Another information which i feel would be helpful : I got to know from future generali agent that with Bharathi AXA, we will not be able to claim any amount below 10,000/-. I comfirmed this with Bharathi AXA agent. and he says "YES". I got to know this only when I told him that I am thinking to switch to Bharathi AXA due to low premium.

Any suggestions ?
Old 10th July 2013, 19:22   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
My car insurance for Punto is due next month, and I am confused. My current insurance is from Future Generali. I have a offer from an agent from Bharathi AXA with a diference of Rs.1700/- in premium amount (FG:14930/- B-AXA:13340). I am confused.

Another information which i feel would be helpful : I got to know from future generali agent that with Bharathi AXA, we will not be able to claim any amount below 10,000/-. I comfirmed this with Bharathi AXA agent. and he says "YES".
Try to get the information from the Bharati Axa agent as to where is the savings in the premium coming from? Is there something he is not disclosing in an attempt to win a customer? Although the amount is not huge, the intent needs to be verified.

Both FG & Bharati guys are BSing you. There is no such thing as claim rejection for amounts less than 10K
Old 11th July 2013, 11:24   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post

Another information which i feel would be helpful : I got to know from future generali agent that with Bharathi AXA, we will not be able to claim any amount below 10,000/-. I comfirmed this with Bharathi AXA agent. and he says "YES". I got to know this only when I told him that I am thinking to switch to Bharathi AXA due to low premium.

Any suggestions ?
From what I understand from your description, Bharti AXA guy has probably put the self deductible as 10000 to reduce the premium. What this means is that in case of any claim by you, the company will pay only the amount exceeding 10000. If the claim amount comes out to be 25000, you will only get 15000 from the insurance company. If you not OK with this, ask the Bharti AXA guy to give you a quote without any self deductible. Also check if the IDV is same in FG and BA.
Old 25th September 2013, 23:36   #231
BHPian

Hi, i've booked the GT TSI and am going through the insurance options as the dealer quote for 0 dep is insane (41,xxx for bajaj). When i check online quote for bajaj, it shows 34,xxx. But the system generated IDV was 7,40,000 whereas the ex showroom was 8,15,000. Should i go for the system generated IDV ? Also, why is the online quote showing a lesser IDV ?
Old 26th September 2013, 08:27   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi, i've booked the GT TSI and am going through the insurance options as the dealer quote for 0 dep is insane (41,xxx for bajaj). When i check online quote for bajaj, it shows 34,xxx. But the system generated IDV was 7,40,000 whereas the ex showroom was 8,15,000. Should i go for the system generated IDV ? Also, why is the online quote showing a lesser IDV ?
The IDV for the new car insurance policy would always be 5% less than the exshowroom cost. In your case the IDV should be 774250 instead of what you mentioned. When searching online, you do have an option to change the IDV, try with the new value and compare. Ensure that you know with which Insurers does VW have a cashless tieup and decide accordingly.

It is always cheaper to get the Insurance done from outside by self instead of getting it from dealer unless the insurance is offered free as a part of the deal.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 19:39   #233
BHPian

Though there were some talk about various insurance providers little earlier on this thread, did not see much, of late. So, I'm posting this.

My Altis is insured with TATA AIG now and it's due for renewal. ICICI Lombard is constantly following up with me asking me to renew the insurance with them. Their IDV is less and thus their premium is marginally less.

Apart from the premium, what other benefits or issues ICICI has over TATA AIG? Anything in the fine print that are different? Any experiences with claims with both these providers? Request inputs from those who have experience with both these providers. Will help me to make a decision.

Regards
Rex
Old 21st October 2013, 13:16   #234
Senior - BHPian

Some hope to used vehicle buyers.

The claims arising on used cars in the time period when the RTO and Insurance transfers are happening will be honoured by the Insurance companies. This does not reduce the responsibilities of the buyer/seller to complete the documentation related to the vehicle tranfers. Again in this case the culprit was the Insurance co (read Bajaj Allianz) who tried to prevent both the seller & buyer from making claims. Sadly the decision had to come from a consumer court.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/24453336.cms

Mods: If this post should be in some other thread, request you to move it appropriately.
Old 24th October 2013, 19:58   #235
Senior - BHPian

One caution to everyone. Dont even speak with ICICI Lombard guys. They might hypnotise you/ fool you / cheat you to buy a policy from them. When it comes to claim settlement they will make your life miserable, harass you and your family and at the end not pay you anything
Old 26th October 2013, 15:56   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Before selling a car I take the NCB certificate, and put the car on a fresh policy. This way I transfer my NCB to the new car (there is no problem in that the new car will be fully comp).
You posted this in 2008 😊 Does this still hold true?
Old 26th October 2013, 17:41   #237
Senior - BHPian

My insurance is due for renewal around 7th December and TATA aig guys are going crazy! Calling me up every other day and literally bullying me into buying their insurance!! lol

I just have to end the call most of the times as I cant listen to their blabber and submit to their bullying! I can link a recorded audio conversation too if anyone would like to hear!

In the end, I'll continue with my current insurer, Reliance. If there are better ones out there, providing great service then I'll definitely look to switch!
Old 5th November 2013, 21:43   #238
BHPian

My beat's insurance is due for renewal. HDFC guys are consistently following up. I regularly leave my beat's service at Sundaram motors, chennai. The current insurance is with Royal sundaram and i was given a free platinum service of MyTVS last year when I bought insurance from them. It really did helped me in few instances when my car battery dried out due to unknowingly leaving the car's cabin light on. Now the question is should i go with royal sundaram or should i try for HDFC as the quote seems to be less. I have so far never claimed car insurance. If any of chevrolet car owners are holding HDFC ergo insurance for car, please let me know the experience.
Old 17th December 2013, 08:37   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
My beat's insurance is due for renewal. Now the question is should i go with royal sundaram or should i try for HDFC as the quote seems to be less.
Lowest premium quote does not gurantee good service esp during claims. Since you are an satisfied RS customer better get the Insurance renewed from them only. Let them know that you have got a lower quote and I am sure they might want to match it in order to retain the customer.

I have personally experienced RS and was an satisfied customer.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 09:22   #240
BHPian

Yes Ghodlur, I renewed it with RS only. Even though they didn't match up, but I happened to get more positive feedback about RS than HDFC. I don't want to see the difference of 2k and later get into unwanted worries.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks