Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 04:26   #286
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
1) Will have to check with Tata AIG regarding the cashless tie up , the other 2 have it.
2) How can I find out what is the correct IDV value for my car ?. They keep telling a min. and max. amount and vary the premium based on the different IDV value.

Thanks for your input.
Tata AIG is giving a good IDV and a reasonable price. As one of the posters earlier commented, do check the reviews with Tata AIG.

Cashless garages are one thing, but as a last resort, there are enough garages who are experts at insurance. There garages do a pretty good job of coordinating, negotiating and releasing payout from the insurance. The trick is, there are limited number of insurance companies with limited number of surveyors for a particular category of vehicle (like personal car segment ) in a particular city. These garages with years of experience, know the process of various companies in-and-out and have personal relationship with surveyors. I wouldn't recommend these shady garages but all of this falls in the 2nd priority if something untoward were to happen.

If not IDV, you can get valuation of your car on any of the websites like Carwale, Cardekho, etc. for resale. These values come from a common database (unable to get the name now but something like indiabluebook) which is advertised as government approved. I guess the resale value should be closed to IDV.
ameyawaghmare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 07:59   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) How can I find out what is the correct IDV value for my car ?
Two ways of calculating the IDV:
1) It will be current ex showroom cost of the car times less the depreciation in % for the years of ownership. For eg if the ex showroom cost of the car model/variant is 5L and years of ownership is 2, then as per depreciation table the applicable depreciation is 20% which means the IDV is 5L -(5L X 20%)= 4L.
2) Another way is the reduce 10% from last years IDV as seen on the policy paper.

Generally the Insurance co databases are not updated on real time basis, hence the first option rarely happens. It is the second option which is more preferred. get the IDV as close as possible to this figure and then start comparing the quotes for this IDV. This will be a true picture of the car insurance and will free you from under insuring or over insuring the car.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:44   #288
adu
BHPian

Can any fellow XUV owners recommend the best and most cost effective Bumper-to-Bumper (Zero Dep) insurance. My insurance is due for renewal in the next couple of weeks and want to make sure I opt for the right one.
Old 1st August 2015, 14:02   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Just a suggestion: Keep away from Reliance, there are too many horror experiences reported with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post

If not IDV, you can get valuation of your car on any of the websites like Carwale, Cardekho, etc. for resale. These values come from a common database (unable to get the name now but something like indiabluebook) which is advertised as government approved. I guess the resale value should be closed to IDV.
It seems the only other option I have is ICICI lombard who have a cashless tie up with my authorized dealer. How are their claims service compared to Reliance ?
Old 7th August 2015, 00:35   #290
Senior - BHPian

Guy's I need your help. Unfortunately my Hyundai ASC has cashless tie ups only with shady Insurance companies such as Reliance , ICICI Lombard and Royal Sundaram. Checking these 3 service providers online shows very negative customer feedbacks.

I have come to the conclusion that premium is not an issue , are any of the above 3 any good at all ?

Also if the above 3 are really bad , I may go with Tata AIG and I can probably live with no cashless tie up. So in this case how would I get the claim amount for repairs , do I have to pay first and then they repay me ?
Old 11th August 2015, 21:18   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Two ways of calculating the IDV:
1) It will be current ex showroom cost of the car times less the depreciation in % for the years of ownership. For eg if the ex showroom cost of the car model/variant is 5L and years of ownership is 2, then as per depreciation table the applicable depreciation is 20% which means the IDV is 5L -(5L X 20%)= 4L.
Thanks for the advise. I have gone with Royal Sundaram. IDV 6,60,000 and premium 23,515 Rs.
Old 24th September 2015, 09:21   #292
BHPian

Quote:
It seems the only other option I have is ICICI lombard who have a cashless tie up with my authorized dealer. How are their claims service compared to Reliance ?
Quote:
Guy's I need your help. Unfortunately my Hyundai ASC has cashless tie ups only with shady Insurance companies such as Reliance , ICICI Lombard and Royal Sundaram.
My car's insurance is with ICICI Lombard - it is somewhat of a struggle but definitely not shady. My best experience has been with Bharti AXA. ICICI has so far accepted whatever claim I have made but the only issue is that they take a lot of time. Bharti did the same thing 50% quicker.
Old 24th September 2015, 16:31   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
My car's insurance is with ICICI Lombard - it is somewhat of a struggle but definitely not shady. My best experience has been with Bharti AXA. ICICI has so far accepted whatever claim I have made but the only issue is that they take a lot of time. Bharti did the same thing 50% quicker.
Thanks for your reply. I have gone with Royal Sundaram. A lot of positive review from its customers in TN.
Old 1st October 2015, 11:37   #294
BHPian

I renewed my old car insurance with Royal Sundaram. The previous insurance policy was with ICICI Lombard.

Positives :
a) The Do It Yourself user interface is fantastic.
b) Allowed change in IDV. This option was not there in ICICI Lombard user interface.
c) Allowed Voluntary Deductible. This option was not there in ICICI Lombard user interface.
d) A number of add on covers are available which are quite interesting.

Disclaimer : The options which were not there in ICICI Lombard user interface maybe dependent on the premium amount.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 23:53   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Can any fellow XUV owners recommend the best and most cost effective Bumper-to-Bumper (Zero Dep) insurance. My insurance is due for renewal in the next couple of weeks and want to make sure I opt for the right one.
Hi adu, which one did you end up taking? When I researched, I found Future Generali to be most cost effective. Tata AIG was close and ICICI Lombard was in the vicinity. The latter two come with cashless facility. For Future Generali, I am not so sure if it is the case in every city.
Old 4th October 2015, 11:03   #296
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Hi adu, which one did you end up taking? When I researched, I found Future Generali to be most cost effective. Tata AIG was close and ICICI Lombard was in the vicinity. The latter two come with cashless facility. For Future Generali, I am not so sure if it is the case in every city.
Achyu, I finally went with ICICI Lombard, zero dep (bumper to bumper). Got the best rate from my insurance agent of many years.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 11:48   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Achyu, I finally went with ICICI Lombard, zero dep (bumper to bumper). Got the best rate from my insurance agent of many years.
Super cool. I got mine from ICICI Lombard as well. It was not as good as the FG offer but was close and could buy it through the dealer and hence was hassle-free.
Old 4th October 2015, 13:34   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Achyu, I finally went with ICICI Lombard

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Super cool. I got mine from ICICI Lombard
Guys, ICICI Lombard is one worst insurance provider when it comes to total loss cases. Just search for the same, you will find others also reporting this. It is from my own first hand experience that I am saying this and it was even confirmed by the buyer who bought my scrapped car. ICICI Lombard have good marketing and all, but they are not good.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 13:59   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Guys, ICICI Lombard is one worst insurance provider when it comes to total loss cases. Just search for the same, you will find others also reporting this. It is from my own first hand experience that I am saying this and it was even confirmed by the buyer who bought my scrapped car. ICICI Lombard have good marketing and all, but they are not good.
Hey Ashish, yeah I have seen people report problems but I have seen and heard some good experiences as well. In general, most people do not publicize the good experiences enough but do speak about the bitter ones.

In my case, at the price I could negotiate to, I had to choose between ICICI Lombard and United India Insurance. Both were with the dealer and cashless. To me, it was choosing between the lesser of two evils. I chose the former and intend to change it next year. Also, I did not have a problem when we had to claim life insurance after my father's demise. That probably had a bearing on my decision as well.

The
Old 16th October 2015, 18:48   #300
BHPian

Has anyone taken Zero Dep motor policy from L&T Insurance?
How are they? Any first hand experience?

I usually take from HDFC ERGO or SBI Insurance.
But this time L&T is quoting 6K lower than others. (I checked and double checked!)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks