Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 19:03   #316
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Tough call here. But the challenge will only be when it comes to claim settlements.

I had a real pain in getting my claim settled from HDFC Ergo. They still have not indemnified fully. My car was at the Garage in Cochin for 42 days for the work which would have been done in 3-4 days.

I am headed to insurance Ombudsman to file a complaint against HDFC Ergo. But on the other hand, Govt Insurance companies may take longer to settle claims or get the survey done, but you will get true indemnification.
Thanks for your inputs

I made switch to Royal Sundaram though, as My policy was given to me via Maruti Insurance, so they mentioned I can make switch to any other insurer for same premium. So i chose royal sundaram, as more people here had good reviews for it.
Haste is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 14:00   #317
BHPian

Hi,

My insurance for Zest-XMA is due next week. Royal Sundaram & Bajaj Allianz are offering good deals. They are claiming to have cashless tie-ups with all the Tata workshops. But the Tata workshops in Gurgaon are telling that they have cashless tie-ups with only the public sector insurance companies.

Can anyone tell me if Royal Sundaram & Bajaj Allianz have cashless tie-ups with Tata? Any other suggestion for the insurance ?
Old 11th January 2016, 17:46   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
Hi,
Any other suggestion for the insurance ?
Actually this is a problem I face every year. Multiple parties call up for renewal of insurance with various schemes and offers. It becomes very difficult to verify these sales guys' statements. I don't get enough time to research and analyze the T&C of each ISP online. Some of these sales guys' are people who do not even belong to the insurance providers, so they do not clearly give us all the details.
It becomes all the more complicated when the workshops and dealers, who also get a cut, try to sell insurance for their tie-ups.
Last year, after being fed up of all these, I bought my insurance online from Cholamandalam. I opted for a zero-dep insurance. I compared the premium with a few other well known ISPs and also checked the website for a list of workshops where their cashless facilities are available.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:37   #319
BHPian

Best Auto Insurance Service provider is a myth, IMO. :-)

Everyone has experienced different levels of service quality from many "top rated" insurance providers.

So far, based on what I gather
1. Royal Sundaram
2. Bharti Axa

are comparatively good at settling genuine claims. Rest of them are hit or miss.

My Renewal Experience
For the past 3 weeks I was receiving calls from all leading auto insurers for renewing my Xylo's insurance with them. When I scrutinized one DSA, he revealed that all insurers can acccess a common list of database which contains the pan-india customers list whose auto insurance is up for renewal.

Bharti Axa gave a quote for Rs.21k (Comprehensive + Bumper to Bumper) but the IDV value was for Rs.6.4 lacs. Future generali quoted almost same and online search revealed they are worst in customer feedback. Royal Sundaram quoted 24K for the same, but their IDV value was 7.8 lacs.

My earlier insurance provider was Bharti Axa, so the DSA who called up during december 2015 was particularly keen on getting a post-dated cheque, just to close her month end target. I dodged that, and asked her to send the quote to my email id. She never did that. So towards the month end, I told her to put me on the Jan sales leads, as I am not going to give her the deal on December. She obliged promising that she will send a formal quote to my email id. Till now she never did that.

Later I generated a quote in Royal Sundaram's online portal. The IDV was 7.2 lacs, and the quote was for Rs.21k (Comprehensive with B2B add on). Online search revealed RS and Bharti Axa are kind of okay to deal with. So I went ahead and purchased the policy online.

The Interesting Part
Moments later, I received a call from the same Royal Sundaram DSA who talked to me in December. She thanked me for purchasing the policy and said I will receive the hard copy in 2 weeks. *facepalm* Then I realized no matter how smart you try to do, the DSA's get their cut. If not for the DSA's other middlemen or the agents get their cut.

A % of your insurance premium goes out as commission to DSAs or even their employees or the agents. There is no direct purchase possible at all, IMO.

Accented Tele-callers.
I usually avoid dealing with ICICI tele-callers. With their heavily accented hinglish they give me a hell of a time understanding what they utter. More over their quotes are less than impressive. I never felt a push to even consider ICICI lombard.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:55   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
But the Tata workshops in Gurgaon are telling that they have cashless tie-ups with only the public sector insurance companies.
It has already been clarified by the Tata workshops about the cashless tie ups. It is not the manufacturer who has the cashless tie up but the dealer/workshop. Although it is strange for the Tata workshop to have the cashless tie up only with the Public sector Insurance co knowing their way of functioning. Surely there must be some private Insurance co who should have tie up. Maybe a little prodding might help. Alternatively you can call up tata customer care and lodge a complaint regarding the same, see if this helps to find out the real scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Best Auto Insurance Service provider is a myth, IMO. :-)
Hahahahaha. This should be reworded as "Best Auto Insurance Service provider for this year".

Royal Sundaram as you rightly said is good to buy the Insurance as their online buying process is relatively smooth. But even they goof up when its time to renew and you have had a claim in the previous year. That's when they become too rigid when it comes to IDV, add on covers etc since they now treat you as a high risk customer. They would not want you to renew the policy with them but would not say it upfront. Instead they jack up the prices forcing you to look for greener pastures.

So as you rightly said Best Auto insurance service provider is a myth.
Old 29th March 2016, 15:20   #321
BHPian

Dear All

Have some queries regarding the upcoming insurance renewal for my Honda City SV CVT (2015 purchase and registration). I have an existing insurance from Bajaj Allianz.

1. My driving is pretty limited during the week (a couple of time to the office 15 km away) and mostly limited to the weekends and 1 road trip every couple of months. In light of this does a bumper to bumper cover make sense for me (as opposed to a comprehensive plan)?

2. My IDV last year was 958077 and am thinking of taking a 10% reduction this year based on what I have read.

3. Almost every comparison site (like pollicybazaar, coverfox etc) is pushing L&T. It is cheaper as well. I understand this might be since they are relatively new in the market. Any idea how they are in the claim settlement process?

4. Is cashless transaction only limited to companies that have a tie-up with Honda workshops? Far as I can tell this is Bajaj Allianz or Tata AIG in Bangalore (Whitefield Honda).

5. I am getting quotes of 19,321 from Bajaj, 12,856 from L&T and 16,360 from Bharti AXA

6. Policy expiring on 8th April but I have heard the rates are increasing on 1st April which means will need to renew by the 31st March.

Any help/recommendation is appreciated.

Rakesh
Old 30th March 2016, 08:49   #322
Senior - BHPian

Rakesh,

To answer your question serially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p06rakeshb View Post
1. My driving is pretty limited during the week (a couple of time to the office 15 km away) and mostly limited to the weekends and 1 road trip every couple of months. In light of this does a bumper to bumper cover make sense for me (as opposed to a comprehensive plan)?
It is better to go for the zero dep add on cover for that extra peace of mind during the initial few years of the new car ownership.

Quote:
2. My IDV last year was 958077 and am thinking of taking a 10% reduction this year based on what I have read.
That is correct. The renewal IDV should be approximately equal to 10% less than last year's IDV.

Quote:
3. Almost every comparison site (like pollicybazaar, coverfox etc) is pushing L&T. It is cheaper as well. I understand this might be since they are relatively new in the market. Any idea how they are in the claim settlement process?
As rightly said, L&T is relatively new in Motor Insurance sector. Best is to confirm if the workshop has a cashless tie up with L&T and if they do, you can opt for it.

Quote:
4. Is cashless transaction only limited to companies that have a tie-up with Honda workshops? Far as I can tell this is Bajaj Allianz or Tata AIG in Bangalore (Whitefield Honda).
Better to get it confirmed by workshop. The tie up for cashless transaction is usually by the workshop and they tend to change it as per their ease of doing Insurance business with Insurers.

Quote:
5. I am getting quotes of 19,321 from Bajaj, 12,856 from L&T and 16,360 from Bharti AXA
Are these quotes with correct IDV and with zero dep add on cover cost? If so, then compare the quote per line and refer to points 3 & 4.

Quote:
6. Policy expiring on 8th April but I have heard the rates are increasing on 1st April which means will need to renew by the 31st March.
I was just trying to renew my 2 wheeler insurance which expires on 7th April and can see the increased TPL premiums already in the quote. Will have a word with the Insurance co rep before renewing to confirm if old rates are applicable till 31st March 2016.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 09:23   #323
BHPian

Thank you @glodlur. Appreciate your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Are these quotes with correct IDV and with zero dep add on cover cost? If so, then compare the quote per line and refer to points 3 & 4.
These are inclusive of the zero dep cover and with the correct IDV.

Thank you again!

Cheers
Old 30th March 2016, 11:28   #324
BHPian

Just to update. I checked with Whitefield Honda for their tie ups for cashless transactions. The list they gave me did not match with the list given my coverfox. L&T has a tie up but Whitefield Honda point blank said no.

Their Honda Assure quote was ~25K as opposed to 19.6K from Bajan Allianz & 16K for L&T (all quotes for IDV 8.6L & B2B). Coverfox offered free assistance,taxi, managing cashless transactionc etc and I went with L&T.

Thanks again to glodlur for the info.

Cheers
Old 3rd April 2016, 23:45   #325
Senior - BHPian

Gurus a small query from my side.

I've booked Abarth Punto and the dealer has offered a comprehensive policy from Future Generalli for Rs 38k. The same is available online for Rs37,444. He has also said that we can get insurance from outside if we want.

Now, first I tried Policy bazaar, and they dont have Abarth listed. Of the online ones, New india, Sbi and Royal Sundaram have the Abarth listed. Of these New India asked me to visit local office. SBI with 0% dep was Rs 32k. Royal Sundaram with 0%dep, engine protect and windshield cover comes out to Rs28,606. So which to consider?

Second, the car will be brought on CRTM from Pune to Navi Mumbai where it is going to be registered. As far as my knowledge goes, insurance is taken prior to registration right ? So is my assumption correct that car insurance will be valid from the moment the car leaves the dealer ?

Any help regarding the same is appreciated.
Old 4th April 2016, 00:44   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Gurus a small query from my side.

I've booked Abarth Punto and the dealer has offered a comprehensive policy from Future Generalli for Rs 38k. The same is available online for Rs37,444. He has also said that we can get insurance from outside if we want.

Now, first I tried Policy bazaar, and they dont have Abarth listed. Of the online ones, New india, Sbi and Royal Sundaram have the Abarth listed. Of these New India asked me to visit local office. SBI with 0% dep was Rs 32k. Royal Sundaram with 0%dep, engine protect and windshield cover comes out to Rs28,606. So which to consider?

Second, the car will be brought on CRTM from Pune to Navi Mumbai where it is going to be registered. As far as my knowledge goes, insurance is taken prior to registration right ? So is my assumption correct that car insurance will be valid from the moment the car leaves the dealer ?

Any help regarding the same is appreciated.
Royal Sundaram is a good option. No hassles.
But if you want to stick to Future Generali (Because of cashless facility and if they are preferred insurance partner/faster processing with fiat dealerships) then you can contact them up at their call centre and ask for the best quote. They do give discounts for the same zero dep policy with same T&C's as quoted by the dealer!

But if you have any other insurer that you want to stick with who hasn't listed your car yet, then you can take a Proforma Invoice from your dealership and submit them the same. They will get back to you with a quote after discussions with their underwriters. (But please plan few days ahead.)

The insurance period can be specified with your insurer from the date of Temporary Registration. Only after the cover note is given that the dealer will process the CRTM and allow you to take the delivery from their premises.

Last edited by johannskaria : 4th April 2016 at 00:49.
Old 4th April 2016, 08:07   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So which to consider?

As far as my knowledge goes, insurance is taken prior to registration right ? So is my assumption correct that car insurance will be valid from the moment the car leaves the dealer ?
Are all the Insurer quotes with the same IDV, I doubt that. RS may be quoting lesser premium for a lesser IDV. Please confirm your IDV before you compare the quotes. As must have told to you by the dealer FG has a national tei up with Fiat workshops all across India.

Yes, Insurance needs to be taken prior to the registration and yes Insurance will be valid the moment the car leaves the dealership.
Old 4th April 2016, 13:59   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Are all the Insurer quotes with the same IDV, I doubt that. RS may be quoting lesser premium for a lesser IDV. Please confirm your IDV before you compare the quotes. As must have told to you by the dealer FG has a national tei up with Fiat workshops all across India.

The idv was same. Also FG seemed more knowledgeable and said that due to the complexity of engine and its cost, premium is slightly higher compared to other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

But if you have any other insurer that you want to stick with who hasn't listed your car yet, then you can take a Proforma Invoice from your dealership and submit them the same. They will get back .

Thanks for the help fellows. Had a chat with FG and they will match RS and will give road side assistance as well as personal belongings reimbursement complementary. I can't disclose the amount till I have the engine and chassis no with me.

I'll prefer FG over RS due to their classless tie up.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 14:27   #329
tud
BHPian

Quote:
I'll prefer FG over RS due to their classless tie up.
I'm using a Punto since 5 years. First year insurance by Future Generalli was FREE because of some offer.
FG guys claim that they are the only cashless agents for Fiat. 2nd year when I wanted to change to zero dep, I choose Tata AIG because I read some very good reviews about them. I wasnt worried about cashless claim because it was only a matter of time before the money passes hands. I've had two claims on 3rd and 4th year. ALL CASHLESS.
5th year, Royal Sundaram gave a much better deal (read >3k) for the same IDV and I moved to them for their zero dep policy.

So dont worry about cashless, make sure the insurer has a good track record of clearing genuine claims.

Best wishes for many many miles with your Abarth! Cheers!
Old 4th April 2016, 14:40   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
I'm using a Punto since 5 years.

Best wishes for many many miles with your Abarth! Cheers!

Thanks. We have a 7 yr old Punto too FG was hassle free here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks