Universal Sompo Insurance 0 0%
Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 19:48   #346
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Guys Hows L&T car Insurance? I saw there quote in policy bazaar which is 4 K less than other providers like bajaj and HDFC.
Old 13th September 2016, 18:55   #347
BHPian

I got busy with travel and could not renew my car's insurance from National Insurance which expired midnight of 10-11 September. Now I am unable to renew it online. Is there a way to be able to do it? Will I have to shell out anything extra over the quoted price?
Old 13th September 2016, 20:07   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I got busy with travel and could not renew my car's insurance from National Insurance which expired midnight of 10-11 September. Now I am unable to renew it online. Is there a way to be able to do it? Will I have to shell out anything extra over the quoted price?
I don't think you'll be able to renew an expired policy online as the insurer will mostly require an inspection before agreeing for the insurance.

The price may not vary much, but you will have to do it manually. If you know some agent, it may save you some time. Please get this done quickly!
Old 14th September 2016, 10:35   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

I renewed the insurance policy for my car in July. I was renewing it at the MASS for the past couple of years (they have tie up with IFFCO Tokio), where the agent used to come home, take the money, renew the policy and bring the new policy document from the MASS. During the last one year, I have moved to Hyderabad and hence this time, I got it renewed at the IFFCO Tokio website directly. Below is my experience after receiving the new policy document.

When I received the copy of the policy in my mail, I found that my name was miss-spelled. I shot off a reply to the same mail and requested for a correction. I was asked for a scanned copy of the RC and I sent it across on July 26, 2016. I was then promised an estimated time of 7-10 working days to receive the Endorsement copy.

The wait began and continued. I sent a reminder on Aug 9th and received a reply on Aug 11th with a Reference no. for my complaint with a promise to sort it out quickly. I sent another reminder on Aug 22nd and got another similar reply on Aug 26th (after 4 long days) with a similar reference no. along with a fake promise that my Endorsement is done and will be shared with me shortly.

After waiting for one more week, I sent yet another reminder on Sep 2nd but now, I got no replies. My mails were ignored. On Sep 8th, I checked the process for registering a complaint on their website and sent a mail to the Customer Care team. The following day, I received a mail on Sep 9th from one their officials who asked me to send scanned copy of the RC (again) which I did. Finally I received my endorsement copy on Sep 12.

PS: I got a call from my old MASS where they were willing to renew the insurance. They had sent reminder SMSs too. When I said that I have moved from Bhubaneswar, the lady said that I could have used the online renewal link on the Maruti website itself. I was unaware of it and said that I would use it in future. My experience with the MASS has been very good on this front.

In 2013, I found a similar mistake in the policy document during my quick scanning. The agent took it back immediately, made the corrections and brought a new one the same day. I reviewed it carefully and found another error. Though it was my mistake that I hadn't pointed it out in the first chance, he was apologetic. He took it back and brought me the corrected (and perfect) one the very next day.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th September 2016 at 10:36. Reason: Spell check
Old 31st December 2016, 17:17   #350
BHPian

Hello friends , how is Kotak insurance ? Tried hard to find reviews online but couldn't find even 1.
Old 25th January 2017, 19:50   #351
BHPian

Like every year, this time too I receive several calls from various Insurance Service provider's agents for renewing my car insurance. Normally I will receive calls from agents who could be representing one ISP and send quote for that ISP. But this time I received call from Redline Automotive Pvt. Ltd. who have sent quotes from several different ISPs.
Needless to say, the comparison chart provided by them helps to decide. But I wanted to know if anyone has experience dealing with third party agents who represent multiple ISPs. Are they reliable? Is their premium quotes cheaper then a direct quote from the ISP? Is there any hidden cost like Agent fees etc? Or is it better to directly apply through an ISPs website?
Old 1st February 2017, 11:32   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
But this time I received call from Redline Automotive Pvt. Ltd. who have sent quotes from several different ISPs.
But I wanted to know if anyone has experience dealing with third party agents who represent multiple ISPs. Are they reliable? Is their premium quotes cheaper then a direct quote from the ISP? Is there any hidden cost like Agent fees etc? Or is it better to directly apply through an ISPs website?
Redline Automotive Pvt Ltd is the finance arm of Auto Hangar group which has multiple dealerships of Mercedes-Benz and Honda. I am not sure about this particular third party but have used services of Coverfox and found them to reliable and cheaper. Link to review thread

I always get my insurance via authorised dealership or a reliable third party which has proved very convenient during the claims process.

Last edited by ragh_bhushan : 1st February 2017 at 11:49.
Old 27th February 2017, 14:42   #353
BHPian

Dear All

Need urgent help on insurance cover for car being driven out of the country (Bhutan)

We are driving in a Hyundai i20 (2014) with a insurance cover issued by Liberty Videocon; so far I have spoken to a) Liberty Videocon, b) Bajaj Allianz, c) New India, d) Oriental Insurance - all have stated that they do not issue insurance outside Indian geography.

I really look forward to your assistance on the same at the earliest, to help us plan and execute this plan of out of India drive.

Regards
S
Old 7th June 2017, 09:18   #354
BHPian

Its time for the car insurance renewal and got quotes from Reliance, HDFC Ergo and Bharti Axa.

Bharti and HDFC were competitive and at the end HDFC came up with a good option, including Higher IDV + 0 Dep and Engine+Gearbox cover.

Paid online using the HDFC portal and its been 7 days, no policy or any acknowledgement.

Called up HDFC customer care twice, they acknowledge receiving the payment and keeps promising me that they will share the soft copy ASAP but i will never get that email ! Used twitter to complain and all i receive is a standard response that they are looking into it.

I never had bad experiences with HDFC in the past but this one makes up for it. No confidence on their support in case of any claims etc. Can team-bhpians offer me guidance on how to proceed further ?
Old 7th June 2017, 09:23   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Paid online using the HDFC portal and its been 7 days, no policy or any acknowledgement.

Called up HDFC customer care twice, they acknowledge receiving the payment and keeps promising me that they will share the soft copy ASAP but i will never get that email ! Used twitter to complain and all i receive is a standard response that they are looking into it.
Surprised to hear about your ordeal, mine has been exactly opposite. I renewed the insurance for my Punto recently and the entire buying process was super smooth. Paid the premium online and got the soft copy instantly. Received the original hard copy within 7 days.

You can write to care@hdfcergo.com detailing your experience. I had raised a few queries on the mail id and had got prompt responses.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 09:56   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Surprised to hear about your ordeal, mine has been exactly opposite. I renewed the insurance for my Punto recently and the entire buying process was super smooth. Paid the premium online and got the soft copy instantly. Received the original hard copy within 7 days.

You can write to care@hdfcergo.com detailing your experience. I had raised a few queries on the mail id and had got prompt responses.
I did write to care@hdfcergo.com and all i got is an auto response that mentioned they will revert back in 3 days. I hope the issue is sorted soon.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:47   #357
BHPian

Quote:
I did write to care@hdfcergo.com and all i got is an auto response that mentioned they will revert back in 3 days. I hope the issue is sorted soon.
It would be the case,If you have renewed much before the expiry date. Don't worry as long as you have the receipt mentioning your car details. Usually they issue the policy just after the expiry date, to avoid disputes arising for the claims in the intervening period. Though they can always issue a e-cover note, they don't bother as long as you have an active insurance.
Old 7th June 2017, 14:09   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
It would be the case,If you have renewed much before the expiry date. Don't worry as long as you have the receipt mentioning your car details. Usually they issue the policy just after the expiry date, to avoid disputes arising for the claims in the intervening period. Though they can always issue a e-cover note, they don't bother as long as you have an active insurance.
No, this is case where we renewed just in time. After posting on twitter and also emailing the CEO, i got a call from their grievance redressal team that they are looking into the issue and will give an update "shortly" They also emailed me mentioning the same. At the same time, I also saw two missed calls from the executive's phone, who went hiding when i asked for the documents. Something amiss for sure. Let's see what action is taken by the grievance redressal team.
Old 7th June 2017, 14:26   #359
BHPian

Quote:
No, this is case where we renewed just in time. After posting on twitter and also emailing the CEO, i got a call from their grievance redressal team that they are looking into the issue and will give an update "shortly" They also emailed me mentioning the same. At the same time, I also saw two missed calls from the executive's phone, who went hiding when i asked for the documents. Something amiss for sure. Let's see what action is taken by the grievance redressal team.
Shoot mail to the customer care team mentioning "Insurance Ombudsman" and IRDAI as your next stop, they will run for cover, bend over their back and address your concern asap. Even then if they are cold to your concern, complain to the Insurance Ombudsman office.

Link to Ombudsman contact details http://www.policyholder.gov.in/Addre...Ombudsmen.aspx
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 18:27   #360
BHPian

After going to twitter, posting on Team-bhp, mailing their CEO, finally HDFC issued the soft-copy of the policy today. Got it via email a couple of hours back. Exactly 7 days but the policy cover is from the date of expiry - no gaps, thankfully.

1) Still no reason given on the delay - i will leave it here.
2) Hopeful that the service (in case of any claim) will not be bad as the initial experience while signing up with HDFC ergo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks