Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2017, 16:15   #361
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Hi all!

My Zest XTA insurance expires on this 9 July.
So i was checking for Quotes.

My car is of July 2015.

I didnt opt for Insurance Aggregators, fearing their continuous calls, and directly checked on the websites of Bajaj Allianz, Tata AIG.

Got the following quotes
Bajaj Allianz - 23835 with IDV of 6.6lakhs
Tata AIG - 13742 with IDV of 6.6lakhs
TATA AiG - 13925 with IDV of 7lakhs

Existing Royal Sundaram quote is Rs.23422
IDV 6laks
😳
However couldn't see both those words - "cashless" and "zero dep" in Tata AiG quote.

Bajaj Allianz called me and said Rs.21k is their best quote with Zero Dep, Engine protect, and cashless facility.

Will now wait for TaTa AiG representatives to call.

Also checked ICICI Lombard website for a Quite, but the Quote query is stuck at "ex show room price" and does not take a figure. So abandoned that.

Please also suggest any other insurer I should check with.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th June 2017, 08:07   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesa View Post
Please also suggest any other insurer I should check with.
I would suggest, calculate the correct IDV in the first place. The IDV you quoted is more than last year's which means you are over insuring your vehicle and paying extra money in the premium. Next check out the Insurance co with which the Tata workshop has a cashless tie up. Get quotes from those Insurance co on their official websites and then compare. Since you are in the third year of ownership, opt for zero dep add on cover.

Check how much does the premium come down to with Bajaj Allianz if you drop the engine protect add on?

You need to do a bit of homework before you start the process of Insurance renewal.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 20:58   #363
BHPian

Hello all,

Its time for me to renew my car insurance in october first week. This october my Maruti Suzuki Celerio will complete 3 years. Since the time I purchased the car, I have been with Maruti Suzuki Insurance provided by Iffco Tokio (zero depreciation). I never really bothered to cross check with any other insurance providers (maybe not a good practice) as I am under the impression that in the event of insurance claim, the process might be simpler. Thankfully till date I never had to claim insurance. The car has always been serviced by the same dealership from where I purchased the car (SK Wheels Navi Mumbai).

Like every year, this year too SK Wheels has sent me a quotation of Iffco Tokio (Pic attached). The IDV last year was Rs. 3,36,533/- and this year the quote says Rs. 2,88,457/-. The insurance amount last year was Rs. 10,941/- and this year it comes to Rs. 10,214/-. They have provided NCB of 35%. I think the decrease is marginal as this year 18% GST is applicable (so tax structure seems to be high as compared to last year).

Should I get a quote with similar benefits from other insurance companies before I finalise on one? Or does this quote look good? If any other insurance company then which one. My dad's 9 year old Alto has a Bajaj Allianz insurance bought directly from the company (not zero dep). Is Bajaj Allianz good? SK Wheels handles Bajaj Allianz cases (our Alto had been repaired once with insurance claim). Is it advisable to buy engine protection as well? Any suggestions please.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Auto Insurance service provider-img_1665.jpg  

Old 13th September 2017, 08:41   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
The IDV last year was Rs. 3,36,533/- and this year the quote says Rs. 2,88,457/-.
Should I get a quote with similar benefits from other insurance companies before I finalise on one?
Your IDV for 4th year should be 302879, dealer has provided an under insured quote. It is time for you to scout for new Insurance provider. To start with use any comparator site to confirm the premium for the correct IDV as stated above. Then check with which insurance co does the workshop have a cashless tie up and check the correct premium with zero dep add on on those Insurance co official websites. Once you have all the information, approach the workshop to match the premium and IDV. If Maruti agree, go for it or else buy Insurance from out side.

If Maruti tries to arm twist, then show them the IRDA guidelines.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...insurance.html
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 17:37   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Your IDV for 4th year should be 302879, dealer has provided an under insured quote. It is time for you to scout for new Insurance provider. To start with use any comparator site to confirm the premium for the correct IDV as stated above. Then check with which insurance co does the workshop have a cashless tie up and check the correct premium with zero dep add on on those Insurance co official websites. Once you have all the information, approach the workshop to match the premium and IDV. If Maruti agree, go for it or else buy Insurance from out side.

If Maruti tries to arm twist, then show them the IRDA guidelines.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...insurance.html
Thanks for your advice. I have taken quotation from Bajaj Allianz. BA has calculated my car's IDV as 3.2L. They have given me 2 options/quotations.

One is a regular zero depreciation insurance which comes upto 10K which is almost the same as what Maruti Suzuki dealer's Iffco Tokio is providing (but Maruti is calculating IDV too low at 2.8L). They said they can provide a further discount on this if I choose to take this.

The second quote is for BA Drive Smart Premium insurance package. It is also a zero dep. insurance with added features like engine protect, insurance of 1L for driver (employee), 5L insurance for each passenger (in case of loss of life), depreciation protect, RSA and they are providing a telematic scanning device which also works as a GPS device which can be plugged in to the OBD II port in the fuse box of the car (compatible with all cars manufactured after 2010). It can relay certain information about car's performance to a mobile app. The engine protect feature sounds good. They have quoted 12,400/- after discounts (original price quoted was around 14k). IDV quoted is 3.2L.

Our second car has a BA comprehensive insurance and once when we had claimed insurance for it, touch wood, our experience with BA was trouble free. They have cashless tie up with the service centre with almost all Maruti service centres in my city. Maybe I will go ahead with this one. Do I need to inform Maruti. I want to get the insurance done directly from the insurance company.
Old 20th September 2017, 21:38   #366
BHPian

I received an email from my Maruti Suzuki dealer regarding insurance renewal and they claim certain benefits of their zero dep. insurance plans over the usual zero dep. plans we buy directly from the insurance company. How true is this? See the image attached wich mentions the differences. Is this true?
Attached Thumbnails
Best Auto Insurance service provider-screen-shot-20170920-9.32.19-pm.png  

Old 24th October 2017, 10:11   #367
BHPian

My Honda City is completing 8 years, with no one claim in 8 years. I am getting 45% NCB. For this 8 year old car, is it worth comprehensive insurance, since 80% will be depreciation? Can someone throw light on this?
Old 5th December 2017, 22:43   #368
Senior - BHPian

Need advice as I am renewing Insurance. HDFC Ergo seems to offer the highest IDV and the best quote with Zero Depreciation. Does anyone have any experience with HDFC Ergo in terms Claim Settlement?

Also, they seem to offer quite a high IDV value at a lower cost - is it beneficial to keep the IDV value high? What are the pros and cons? (apart from the higher premium)
Old 6th December 2017, 08:02   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
My Honda City is completing 8 years, with no one claim in 8 years. I am getting 45% NCB. For this 8 year old car, is it worth comprehensive insurance, since 80% will be depreciation? Can someone throw light on this?
Your accumulated NCB should be 50% if there is no claim for the past 8 years. I would suggest to still go for the comprehensive policy as it would cheaper with the 50% NCB discount applied. If you just opted for TPL policy only then any claims would have to be fully borne by you. But in case of comprehensive, depreciation applied will burn lesser hole in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Need advice as I am renewing Insurance. HDFC Ergo seems to offer the highest IDV and the best quote with Zero Depreciation. Does anyone have any experience with HDFC Ergo in terms Claim Settlement?

Also, they seem to offer quite a high IDV value at a lower cost - is it beneficial to keep the IDV value high? What are the pros and cons? (apart from the higher premium)
To avoid such a confusion, better to calculate the correct IDV and get the premium quoted for the same. No Point in over or under insuring the car. I have taken HDFC Ergo insurance for my Punto this year but do not have any claims as yet hence cannot comment on the claims settlement process. But I am told it is at par with the industry standards.
Old 9th January 2018, 13:50   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking to renew my car insurance and have zeroed down on HDFC ERGO and TATA AIG as both have tie ups with the ASS that I frequent (at least that's the claim - need to confirm with ASS folks). Writing to check if anyone has any positive/negative experiences with either of the above with regards to claims.

Edit: SA confirmed that they have cashless tie up with both HDFC & TATA AIG.

Last edited by procrj : 9th January 2018 at 14:08.
Old 12th January 2018, 10:04   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Looking to renew my car insurance and have zeroed down on HDFC ERGO and TATA AIG as both have tie ups with the ASS that I frequent (at least that's the claim - need to confirm with ASS folks). Writing to check if anyone has any positive/negative experiences with either of the above with regards to claims.

Edit: SA confirmed that they have cashless tie up with both HDFC & TATA AIG.
I have had some good recent experience with HDFC Ergo when it came to claims settlement. The process was smooth with claim registration, assignment of surveyor, surveyor visit, approvals and re-inspection - everything was communicated through messages. The surveyor was a good communicator too.
I would definitely recommend HDFC for car insurance.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 16:43   #372
Senior - BHPian

I have the first renewal of my Honda City's insurance coming up and I was looking at going for HDFC Ergo through Coverfox. I had a claim last year so there would not be any NCB discount. The IDV offered is 7,33,972 which is very less however I am adding Invoice Cover along with Zero Dep, Engine Protector, NCB Protection and consumables. The Premium amount is coming to Rs 23,857 including GST. No other insurance company are providing the Invoice Cover or engine protector rider. This is substantially less than what I paid to Honda Assure with just zero dep last year when I bought the car.

So is HDFC Ergo good for Honda workshops and if anyone has any idea if Whitefield or Sapphire Honda has a tie up with them ?

Also Coverfox is offering a COVERFOX 3-DAY EXPRESS CLAIMS SERVICE. Has anyone used it ?

Last edited by Altocumulus : 17th January 2018 at 16:49.
Old 17th January 2018, 19:48   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I have the first renewal of my Honda City's insurance coming up
I am in the same boat with first insurance renewal coming up in March.

Quote:
No other insurance company are providing the Invoice Cover or engine protector rider.
Although a bit higher priced, I see these covers in Bharati AXA as well.

Quote:
This is substantially less than what I paid to Honda Assure with just zero dep last year when I bought the car.
Correct. Also the NCB is low at 20%. For renewal, Honda assure sent me a quote of ~29.5k with only zero dep and an IDV of 799000. I checked for HDFC ergo and Bharati AXA and premium hovers around 22-23k with all bells and whistles for an IDV of 850000.

Quote:
So is HDFC Ergo good for Honda workshops and if anyone has any idea if Whitefield or Sapphire Honda has a tie up with them ?
I checked with policy bazaar and as per them, both HDFC and Bharati AXA are having cashless tie-up with Whitefield Honda.
Old 17th January 2018, 20:16   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
I am in the same boat with first insurance renewal coming up in March.

Although a bit higher priced, I see these covers in Bharati AXA as well.

Correct. Also the NCB is low at 20%. For renewal, Honda assure sent me a quote of ~29.5k with only zero dep and an IDV of 799000. I checked for HDFC ergo and Bharati AXA and premium hovers around 22-23k with all bells and whistles for an IDV of 850000.

I checked with policy bazaar and as per them, both HDFC and Bharati AXA are having cashless tie-up with Whitefield Honda.
Thanks Suryendu. I got a quote from Honda Assure (ICICI Lombard) for 33k today which includes Invoice cover, 0 Dep and Engine Protector and insurance for 5 passengers. IDV is same as yours but that is something I am not worried about if I have invoice cover. They can make it 1L for all I care. The lower the better actually for me in case god forbid there is substantial damage.

Sapphire Honda confirmed that they have cashless with HDFC but also pushed and sent me the above quote. Whitefield Honda Insurance guy said they do not have cashless with HDFC but have to claim reimbursement.
Old 5th February 2018, 13:16   #375
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am looking to renew the car insurance of my 2012 registered (2011 manufactured) VW Polo 1.6. I currently have a Zero Depreciation Plan with HDFC Ergo of IDV 3.68 lakhs ad paid a premium of 14k.

In all these years I have never made a claim so I am also eligible for a 50% NCB on the renewed insurance.

Now that the car is going to cross 06 years of ownership, I am wondering whether I should continue with a Zero Depreciation plan or get regular Comprehensive plan?

A Zero Depreciation Plan is costing me around 16k with an IDV of 3.0 lakhs after the 50% NCB. A regular Comprehensive plan is costing me around 13k.

I plan to keep the car for another year or so maximum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks