Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 16:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Since you are in Mumbai. Mr. Conrad he work with Tata-Aig as BDM. I have his business card he may help you. No. 9833935566. Don't quot my name since he may not know me also.

Normally this will take little more time.
Thanks rjvora for the contact.

I also called my DSA and gave him a piece of my mind. He mentioned that some others also faced the same problem but thats mainly on account of shortage of service vouchers, or 'near expiry' coupons. They are apparently waiting to receive the new set of service coupons and he assured it will be couriered to me soon.

Will update as and when that happens.
Old 17th December 2008, 17:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Thanks rjvora for the contact.

I also called my DSA and gave him a piece of my mind. He mentioned that some others also faced the same problem but thats mainly on account of shortage of service vouchers, or 'near expiry' coupons. They are apparently waiting to receive the new set of service coupons and he assured it will be couriered to me soon.

Will update as and when that happens.
See I told you!!! all this is a time consuming job. but I am happy that the guy has helped you.
Old 17th December 2008, 20:10   #93
BHPian

Recently I renewed my Car Insurance from Bajaj Allianz. I contacted their Relationship Manager for Bangalore directly and i got a good service.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
Recently I renewed my Car Insurance from Bajaj Allianz. I contacted their Relationship Manager for Bangalore directly and i got a good service.
with you, Bajaj is doing very good in the insurance market these day's.
Old 18th December 2008, 16:39   #95
BHPian

Tata-AIG for me

Quote:
Just be careful.

Some of my friends from this trend itself are facing a problem in getting the service from what was committed to them. (Just read last few massage and you will understand)

This is what I hate of this DST guys and call center guys they will commit lot of things and will perform badly when real need comes.
Actually I finally went in for Tata-AIG. Was very keen on Bajaj Allianz (have soft corner for Bajaj as Dad worked for them and also both our bikes are on BA and so was the house policy). Sadly my repeated (atleast 4-5) attempts and contacting BA for a quote failed! Don't know how lethargic they are in trying to get business from a customer who has walked to their doorstep! After leaving a web or chat or call centre request, they immediately call back. But after that they will never get back with more details. Sad!

TA offered me a discount (eqvt. to NCB) even after I told them the previous owner (in who's name I was renewing insurance as I didn't want it to lapse before the registration is transferred) claimed this year.

They offered me 3 service coupon booklets worth 3000 each. Let's see how useful it is! Anyway I must admit that's what tempted me :(. I was also in a hurry to take a policy before I head for a vacation (the insurance expires in the meanwhile).

Been almost 20 hours since I paid on the phone (using a CC over IVR). But still to receive the soft copy of the policy. Just wrote a mail to the guy.

Last edited by Glifford : 18th December 2008 at 16:56. Reason: Added some text
Old 18th December 2008, 17:07   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Actually I finally went in for Tata-AIG. Was very keen on Bajaj Allianz (have soft corner for Bajaj as Dad worked for them and also both our bikes are on BA and so was the house policy). Sadly my repeated (atleast 4-5) attempts and contacting BA for a quote failed! Don't know how lethargic they are in trying to get business from a customer who has walked to their doorstep! After leaving a web or chat or call centre request, they immediately call back. But after that they will never get back with more details. Sad!

TA offered me a discount (eqvt. to NCB) even after I told them the previous owner (in who's name I was renewing insurance as I didn't want it to lapse before the registration is transferred) claimed this year.

They offered me 3 service coupon booklets worth 3000 each. Let's see how useful it is! Anyway I must admit that's what tempted me :(. I was also in a hurry to take a policy before I head for a vacation (the insurance expires in the meanwhile).

Been almost 20 hours since I paid on the phone (using a CC over IVR). But still to receive the soft copy of the policy. Just wrote a mail to the guy.
with you. Insurance is a subjective matter and 100 people will have 100 different experience.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:31   #97
BHPian

My experience with TATA-AIG was very bad. They are a bunch of cheats. While renewing they charged me a wrong rate & confirmed me that they will compensate me with a gift voucher for Rs.5000/-. The gift voucher never came & the company refused to address the problem stating it as a dealers mistake. Now I am happy with New India Assurance as the rate of insurance is very lower than the private companies.
Old 23rd December 2008, 00:31   #98
BHPian

Tata Aig

I had been to AIG office today to get a comparitive quote for my car insurance
actually am checking which will suit me
I have Bajaj, Tata and ICICI on my mind

TATA is giving a gift voucher worth 3000
These are all discount coupons and one cannot anything directly !
dont get misguided with these telemarketers!!

Finally settled for Bajaj. had a good deal.
Old 23rd December 2008, 09:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay2233 View Post
I had been to AIG office today to get a comparitive quote for my car insurance
actually am checking which will suit me
I have Bajaj, Tata and ICICI on my mind

Finally settled for Bajaj. had a good deal.
This is true nothing is free. They are just a discount voucher.
Old 27th December 2008, 16:13   #100

I was with ICICI for 2 years for my Scorpio. The claim process was very long - too me 2 months to get it after unnecessary delays. Overall, ICICI Lombard service is pathetic. When it comes to renewal, they are not transparent - I wanted break-up of insurance premium and they just would not give it in writing. Finally, I have switched to New India Assurance.
Old 29th December 2008, 09:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra_anirudh View Post
I was with ICICI for 2 years for my Scorpio. The claim process was very long - too me 2 months to get it after unnecessary delays. Overall, ICICI Lombard service is pathetic. When it comes to renewal, they are not transparent - I wanted break-up of insurance premium and they just would not give it in writing. Finally, I have switched to New India Assurance.
That's very sad to know but till now what i have heard that they were very much transparent must be some DST guy having less knowledge of sale of insurance.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:09   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay2233 View Post
Quote:
This is true nothing is free. They are just a discount voucher.
Can you guys please confirm what sort of service coupons/discount vouchers you have recieved? Is it the green colored booklet?

I received 3 discount coupon booklets from TATA AIG. This was not what I was expecting. The Call Center guy told me that I would get "Service Coupon whose cash value is Rs 3,000".

In the coupon booklet that I have received, it just offers 10-30% discount on various services such as Engine de-carb, servicing, oil change etc. The freebies are basically free wheel balancing/alignment, car wash and polish etc. I fail to understand how the value of these totals upto Rs 3,000!

Or is there something that I am missing here?

I have offered to return the discount vouchers, as well as the free holiday voucher to them, unless they give me what they promised i.e. "Service Coupon whose cash value is Rs 3,000"

The catch is that Call Center guy blatantly says he never promised me anything like that! What he meant was the discount coupon booklet.

At this point I asked him that what if I want to pay my next year's premium with these three booklets? Since the combined value of these comes to Rs Rs 9,000 (Rs 3,000x3), would not that cover my premium of Rs 8,000 odd+entitle me to a refund? He was speecheless and kept blabbering something else to sustain.

What course of action to take in such a case? I was at the extent of cancelling my policy with TATA AIG and going for BA. After all, I paid nearly Rs 900 extra in premium for TATA AIG, just so that I could avail the 'cash equivalent' service voucher!
Old 6th January 2009, 17:24   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i.e. "Service Coupon whose cash value is Rs 3,000"

What course of action to take in such a case? I was at the extent of cancelling my policy with TATA AIG and going for BA. After all, I paid nearly Rs 900 extra in premium for TATA AIG, just so that I could avail the 'cash equivalent' service voucher!
Is service coupon option is still available to you?? if yes take it. I would advice you not to cancel to policy because that will be lot of hassles (Not an easy JOB at all) for doing that.

This is what I hate about DST. (Direct Sales Team) Over commitment and Under performance. That's why I always an agent in these deals.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 6th January 2009 at 17:26.
Old 6th January 2009, 17:49   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is service coupon option is still available to you?? if yes take it. I would advice you not to cancel to policy because that will be lot of hassles (Not an easy JOB at all) for doing that.

This is what I hate about DST. (Direct Sales Team) Over commitment and Under performance. That's why I always an agent in these deals.
As per the Call Center, there never existed such a service coupon.

All he was talking about was coupon booklet, whose "estimated" cash value is Rs 3000. I have 3 of these.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:12   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the Call Center, there never existed such a service coupon.

All he was talking about was coupon booklet, whose "estimated" cash value is Rs 3000. I have 3 of these.
1. Ask them what are the service charge to cancel the insurance policy.
2. Call bajaj and ask them how can you now transfer the policy.
3. What is the date of your last insurance policy?

This is really very sad from Tata Aig staff.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 6th January 2009 at 18:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks