Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 17:08   #436
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Hi Folks,

I am about to renew the insurance for the 2nd year and so far I have finalized Tata AIG. (It's cheaper by almost 4k than others)

While going through the list of the cashless garages in Bangalore I found that they are being labelled as "MultiBrand" or "Hyundai".

My doubt is that that god forbid in case of a repair will I face any challenges(Parts authenticity, service, availability) by getting it repaired from a MultiBranded one as against the Hyundai ones.

Unfortunately, the ones labelled as Hyundai are quite far away as against the other ones.

Kindly share your views that should this be a deciding factor while selecting an Insurer or is that I am worrying too much.

My renewal is due on 16th this month.
Artyom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 18:05   #437
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

When I had my Bolero and Scorpio I faithfully stuck with Tata AIG for those 6-7 years. For the Yeti, I stayed with Bajaj Allianz until its 8th year renewal.
Always had zero dep and thankfully never had to put it to the test. Indeed, because I had stayed with the same Insurer I actually had Zero Dep right until when I sold it just shy of the 8th renewal.
With this second hand Mini Cooper, it was insured with HDFC by the previous owner. So I stayed with HDFC Ergo when I bought it and transferred it to my name by paying the small transfer charges. There is no Zero Dep since it is now coming up for its 8th year, in July.
I am wondering whether to stay with the same IDV of 12 lacs or whether to just accept the HDFC or other Insurer’s recommended IDV. I do have a 50% NCB carried over from my earlier vehicle and will be using this, for the renewal.
Main question is which insurer should I go for? Should I stay with HDFC or should I consider someone else?
Old 8th June 2020, 10:10   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
The queries where I would need your guidance/advise is :-

1.If I opt for RTI in that case should I keep the IDV intentionally low since RTI will cover the gap in case of total damage or should I continue to keep the IDV at par or little higher in general in following renewals.

2.My running is low (7-10k at the max) so still should I buy RTI.As in is it a good idea?

3.I have so far recieved quotes from HDFC ERGO(from their website it costs 22100 with RTI,Bumper to Bumper,RSA) with an IDV of 10.50,Tata AIG(Zero Dep,RTI,Tyre,Consumables,RSA,Key Replacement,Engine Protector) with 10.45 IDV and premium of 18250. Out of the 2 which is better in terms of hassle free claim and lesser ifs and buts.

4.Which other providers should I look into for renewal(I stay in Bangalore)

5.In case I only go with Zero Dep as the add on along with the other minor add-ons should I continue to keep the IDV little higher for current and future renewals ?
In response to your queries:
1. No, Calculate the IDV as per the chart mentioned in the policy document. No point in under or over insuring the car.
2. RTI comes into help only when the car is totalled. How realistic do you think it can happen with you. Based on that take the call.
3. When deciding the Insurance, check with the workshop where you would service your car with whom do they have the cashless tie up with. In addition every manufacturer has a national tie up with an Insurance co. Check out these information before zeroing on the Insurance. Note the cheapest Insurance quote may not work all the times.
4. Check response 3. In additon check the comparator websites for comparison only.
5. Check response 1.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 11:43   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In response to your queries:

3. When deciding the Insurance, check with the workshop where you would service your car with whom do they have the cashless tie up with. In addition every manufacturer has a national tie up with an Insurance co. Check out these information before zeroing on the Insurance. Note the cheapest .
I am about to renew the insurance for the 2nd year and so far I have finalized Tata AIG. (It's cheaper by almost 4k than others)

While going through the list of the cashless garages in Bangalore I found that they are being labelled as "MultiBrand" or "Hyundai".

My doubt is that that god forbid in case of a repair will I face any challenges(Parts authenticity, service, availability) by getting it repaired from a MultiBranded one as against the Hyundai ones.

Unfortunately, the ones labelled as Hyundai are quite far away as against the other ones.

Kindly share your views that should this be a deciding factor while selecting an Insurer or is that I am worrying too much.

My renewal is due on 16th this month.
Old 11th July 2020, 02:27   #440
BHPian

So finally I went with TataAIG for the 2nd year Insurance with an IDV value of 10.50 and got the Sapphire Plus plan with the following add on covers:-

-Consumable expenses
-Key Replacement
-Emergency transport and hotel expenses
-Depreciation reimbursement
-Return to Invoice
-Tyre Secure
-Engine Secure
-Repair Glass Fiber plastic
Old 28th July 2020, 20:01   #441

My car insurance is due for renewal and on policy bazaar HDI Magma is giving me the lowest renewal quote with add ons Zero dep, RTI,NCB protector.So wanted feedback for HDI Magma Insurance. Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 19:44   #442
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Poll added. Please vote for your choice of insurance service provider.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 12:04   #443

I got insurance from the showroom itself when i bought the car. The insurance provider is Bharti Axa. Today, I got a call from the showroom quoting 9274 (post discount of some 3xxx INR) for Bumper to bumper, Consumables, Zero Depreciation, Key Protection.
I tried checking on Bhart Axa's website, it is not giving me a quote as it is giving quote for only up to 2 months. Also, tried calling Bharti Axa customer care. Even they refused to give me a quote saying policies done by Agents are not available online. To get a quote from Bharti Axa (not Bharti Axa's agent) I need to visit their showroom to get the policy transferred from agent to the company.

1. Should i continue with the same insurance provider?
2. Is the amount quoted right or is there still some scope of negotiation? Car is 2019 model Elite i20.
3. Will it be beneficial to get it transferred from agent to company and get a better quote?
4. What all add-ons should I target to buy?

Thanks,
Abhinav
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks