Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 15:30   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstarun View Post
Hi all,
Can somebody please tell how is Bharti Axa Car insurance? They are quoting very low premium for a renewal which I have presently with ICICI. Please let me know how are they to deal with especially if there is a claim.
Sirji you are asking quite a general question for Icici do you have any claim? if yes please give detail.

Otherwise all the companies are good in the market that's why they exist in the business of insurance Right?

Bharti Axa not heard much about them...
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:06   #137
BHPian

Reliance & Future Generali quoting lowest prices

Reliance & Future Generali quoting lowest premium prices while moving from ICICI Lombard.

Please suggest which one is a good comapny in terms of claim settlement and customer service.

Thanks
Amar Prusty
Old 4th April 2009, 01:05   #138
BHPian

Renewed my 2nd year insurance with IFFCO TOKIO. Had made two claims earlier and found them to be quite quick with processing claims once the survey is done. However, the surveyors inevitably took more than 2 days to get to the garage. This greatly annoyed me as the first claim was for a broken windshield and my car was unusable. However, my logic was: better the devil you know...
Another interesting thing was that the premium seemed to fluctuate. Maruti-IFFCO TOKIO quoted Rs 9700 (lost my ncb) to renew for an IDV of about 3.5l. I called up IFFCO TOKIO directly and their underwriter told me it would be Rs 16k with the same parameters. Called their Gurgaon office and was informed that both figures were correct. Maruti offers a discount under some scheme. Was advised to renew through Maruti. Go figure.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:26   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
It cannot be sales tax but it has to be service tax.

Service tax has been changed from this week itself please ask them to give you quote with 10.30% SERVICE TAX.
Bargained with HDFC and Reliance and ended up with HDFC afor Rs 18600. IDV was 730000. .

Thanks for the input TBHPIan.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

My car insurance with Bajaj Alliance, was due for renewal on Feb. Just like the previous year, they called me up and got the renewal done over the phone itself in about 10 minutes! Had a claim last year (the TN bus incident) so not much or bargaining.

Later had an issue with the policy hard copy. It never reached my parents. Got onto their website, few minutes chat with their agent and a week later, the hard copy reached.

Cannot ask for more. And based on the experiences, with claims and renewals (which sums up petty much the interaction we have with a insurance agency), I am going to stick with Bajaj Alliance.
Old 4th April 2009, 09:29   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Reliance & Future Generali quoting lowest premium prices while moving from ICICI Lombard.

Please suggest which one is a good comapny in terms of claim settlement and customer service.

Thanks
Amar Prusty
Ask the quote from Bajaj they are very good in service.
Old 21st April 2009, 08:21   #142
BANNED

Any opinions on HDFC-Ergo, they said they have one more feature- ie, no FIR for claims??
Old 21st April 2009, 09:03   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Any opinions on HDFC-Ergo, they said they have one more feature- ie, no FIR for claims??
No company need's this document for claim's payment.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:09   #144
BHPian

I have to renew my sx4's Insurance I got two qotes from Bazaz Allianz People for
1. IDV : 540000
2. 0% No claim Bonus
Premium : 13200 and 11662+ Gear Lock
Is something fishy here i have asked for quotation and they are not giving any to me.
Old 8th May 2009, 23:49   #145
BHPian

Aggressive quotes

Reliance Car Insurance gave me an aggressive quote in order to get more business as they are relatively new and i opted for them:

IDV: 3.76 Lac

Premium : Rs 7,600
NC bonus: 20%
Discount:39%

Cashless service with all Tata service centers accross country

Future Generali and Cholamandalam had even lower quotes however service network is a problem
Old 9th May 2009, 08:55   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
I have to renew my sx4's Insurance I got two qotes from Bazaz Allianz People for
2. 0% No claim Bonus
Is something fishy here i have asked for quotation and they are not giving any to me.
If they are not giving you the quote in your hand in writing before doing the insurance tell them you will do the insurance from somewhere else. I am sure you will have the reasons why they are not giving the quote to you.

Ask someone (Insurance company) else for the same quote also.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:25   #147
BHPian

My father recently renewed our civics insurrance with Tata AIG, the previous one was United India. We have an Indigo also which also needed renewal. We were getting a discount with renewing the insurrance with both the cars. I live in Pune and my question is that in the service station list provided by the provider all of them are for TATA, will there be any problem with the CIVIC.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeet View Post
My father recently renewed our civics insurrance with Tata AIG, the previous one was United India. We have an Indigo also which also needed renewal. We were getting a discount with renewing the insurrance with both the cars. I live in Pune and my question is that in the service station list provided by the provider all of them are for TATA, will there be any problem with the CIVIC.
I don't think so sirji. But if you have not issued the cheque for renewal then I will advice you to go for that company only which has the cashless service to your regular garage.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:54   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
2. 0% No claim Bonus
What do you mean by "Premium : 13200 and 11662+ Gear Lock"
Are you getting less premium by having gear lock. I understand if we have security system then premium becomes less
My sx4 renewal is also due in June
Old 13th May 2009, 09:30   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I don't think so sirji. But if you have not issued the cheque for renewal then I will advice you to go for that company only which has the cashless service to your regular garage.
Actually the check is already issued but the insurrance will not kick in until 1 june, also just now I discovered that TATA AIG has no cashless facility, so am I screwed coz I dont know if there are any horror stories of TATA AIG with the no cashless facility
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks