Universal Sompo Insurance 0 0%
Other (please specify in your post) 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 23:03   #241
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

hello all, is there any advantage of national TMI over national insurance for TATA vehicle. The premium for any insurance company with TMI is higher
Old 13th January 2014, 19:00   #242
BHPian

Moderator note: Post Edited. Please take time to type in with proper punctuation, helps in readability. Do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Hello

Has any volkswagen owners taken a policy called drive assure elite from bajaj allianz? I was told it is being offered solely to volkswagen cars. Difference in premium amount between this plan and the normal drive assure plan from bajaj allianz ( similar to the platinum plan from TATA AIG) is about 30% on the higher side.

Advantage quoted being "in case of total loss ; pay just one premium amount and get a new car of same value with registration and taxes paid at insurance companies' cost".

Is this possible?

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th January 2014 at 19:05.
Old 23rd January 2014, 15:20   #243
BHPian

Friends,

My car insurance renewal is due next month. As most of you experience, I am also bombarded with calls from various agents representing various insurance companies. Of all the quotations received, Future Generali seems to be the lowest.

Anyone have any experience with this insurance company? How is their service? Are they fast and efficient? Do they provide cover across India?

Is their any other company I should consider and why?

I currently have with Bharati Axa but thie renewal quote is almost Rs. 6000 more than what Future Gen is offering.

Thanks !!!
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:26   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Friends,

Anyone have any experience with this insurance company? How is their service? Are they fast and efficient? Do they provide cover across India?

Thanks !!!
  1. enlist authorised/unauthorised service centers you trust
  2. enlist the insurance providers each of those SCs have a cashless tie-up with
  3. speak to one or two actual on-the-ground service engineers from each of the SCs and find out which of the above insurance providers provide hassle-free experience
  4. ???
  5. profit
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:33   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Please get a quote from Tata AIG General Insurance Company. I have found them to be reasonable. Quotes for buying insurance from Tata through Bajaj Capital are more reasonable then the insurance agents and others.

This is out of my experience.
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:45   #246
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Royal Sundaram. This year their quote was the lowest. Strangely Tata AIG (with whom I have been with the last 2 years with zero claims) has givem me the highest quote. Bajaj Allianz and Tata's quote are in the same range.

All these are zero dep quotes.
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:40   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Moderator note: Post Edited. Please take time to type in with proper punctuation, helps in readability. Do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Hello

Has any volkswagen owners taken a policy called drive assure elite from bajaj allianz? I was told it is being offered solely to volkswagen cars. Difference in premium amount between this plan and the normal drive assure plan from bajaj allianz ( similar to the platinum plan from TATA AIG) is about 30% on the higher side.

Advantage quoted being "in case of total loss ; pay just one premium amount and get a new car of same value with registration and taxes paid at insurance companies' cost".

Is this possible?
This is called "Return to Invoice Cover" by most other insurance companies. Very helpful if you own a premium car as the depreciation is high. This can be availed only till the 3rd year of ownership.
Old 3rd March 2014, 19:59   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Does anyone have any experience dealing with Royal Sundaram. This year their quote was the lowest. Strangely Tata AIG (with whom I have been with the last 2 years with zero claims) has givem me the highest quote. Bajaj Allianz and Tata's quote are in the same range.

All these are zero dep quotes.
Kalpesh,

I have used Royal Sundaram services earlier and have found their quotes quite competetive. Even their services were upto the mark as far as claim reimbursement is concerned.

RS sees you as a new customer, hence the quotes must be lesser than others. Hope you must have verified whether the IDV quoted is as per the depreciation table. Many a times, the premium quoted is low due to low IDV offered. Take an informed decision.
Old 4th March 2014, 08:27   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Kalpesh,

I have used Royal Sundaram services earlier and have found their quotes quite competetive. Even their services were upto the mark as far as claim reimbursement is concerned.

RS sees you as a new customer, hence the quotes must be lesser than others. Hope you must have verified whether the IDV quoted is as per the depreciation table. Many a times, the premium quoted is low due to low IDV offered. Take an informed decision.
I've reduced the IDV by 10% myself from the previous IDV, but I am not sure if there's an actual table which they refer to. Assuming that the IDV is a bit higher than the depreciation table, then would they not consider the IDV as per the policy as we've paid the actual premium based on the IDV. The IDV for my 2010 i20 1.2 Sportz is quoted as 3.5L (as per my request). Tata AIG quoted for 3.16 but were ready to rework the quote based on 3.48L as they have flexibility of providing 10% margins in the IDV.
Old 15th July 2014, 09:39   #250
BHPian

Team - My car (2013 City iVtec) insurance is up for renewal in 15 days. What would you suggest is a good option to go for ? I currently have Bajaj Allianze. I am not too impressed with their claim process (from what i enquired).

1.) Whats the best value for money and who do you think gives maximum no claim bonus ? (i am checking on policy bazaar and with the SC manager too) looking for a insurance provider who provides hassle free service.
2.) i have a chipped windshield (flying road gravel caused it) that i want to claim under insurance and i think i'll claim it under the new insurance after 15 days. what do you think ?
Old 15th July 2014, 16:48   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post
1.) Whats the best value for money and who do you think gives maximum no claim bonus ? (i am checking on policy bazaar and with the SC manager too) looking for a insurance provider who provides hassle free service.
2.) i have a chipped windshield (flying road gravel caused it) that i want to claim under insurance and i think i'll claim it under the new insurance after 15 days. what do you think ?
To answer your questions:
1) Depends, for that you need to get an online comparison of the quotes from different Insurer. NCB is fixed on per year claim free policy and is not variable. You can negotiate on the other discount which Insurers offer for new customers.
2) You can opt for Royal Sundaram Insurance policy with Windshield addon. The add on will cost you around 350/- but the advantage here is you can get the chipped windshield replaced by claiming Insurance and not lose the NCB too.
Old 15th July 2014, 17:48   #252
BHPian

Hello All,

My Sx4 insurance policy will be expiring soon. From past 2 years its with Maruti insurance. To renew the insurance they are charging Rs 18.5 k (Zero Dep) where is just checked online TATA AIG is charging Rs 15.0k for the same policy.

I'm bit confused now, shall I stick to Maruti or change to TATA AIG and save Rs 3.5k.

Pls help!

Amit
Old 16th July 2014, 08:32   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
I'm bit confused now, shall I stick to Maruti or change to TATA AIG and save Rs 3.5k.
Amit,
If Tata AIG has a cashless tie up with the Maruti Workshop, then definitely you can opt for Tata AIG and save the money. Are you planning to buy a prebundled package from Tata AIG?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 13:12   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Amit,
If Tata AIG has a cashless tie up with the Maruti Workshop, then definitely you can opt for Tata AIG and save the money. Are you planning to buy a prebundled package from Tata AIG?
Thanks Ghodlur, I am finally planning to go ahead with TATA AIG and save some $$. Moreover I came to know, Maruti also tie up with TATA AIG. So why pay to Maruti extra money.

Thanks once again

Amit
Old 25th July 2014, 12:36   #255
BHPian

can someone help me understand Depriciation waiver clause and the pros and cons of going for it

Also hows your experience been with royal sundaram?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks