Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:31   #406
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Royal Sundaram has an add on cover called Engine (Aggravation) Protector Coverage which will suit your requirement. The details are available on their website, check the link below.

https://www.royalsundaram.in/car-ins.../add-on-covers

The add on cover is available only for cars upto 3 yrs of ownership. If Maruti is not offering the same, you can buy the Insurance directly from Royal Sundaram on their website and choose the add on package
I already have it, but, it covers the engine alone. Is coverage for water logging the rest of the car included by default ?
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:20   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I already have it, but, it covers the engine alone. Is coverage for water logging the rest of the car included by default ?
No, not for the entire car by default under the add on cover mentioned but if you could prove the damage due to flood, then you can claim it under the zero dep add on or through Comprehensive Insurance coverage.

IMO if you are aware that the basement parking is prone to water logging, you should move to a parking on higher levels
Old 23rd October 2018, 13:59   #408
BHPian

Quote:
No, not for the entire car by default under the add on cover mentioned but if you could prove the damage due to flood, then you can claim it under the zero dep add on or through Comprehensive Insurance coverage.

IMO if you are aware that the basement parking is prone to water logging, you should move to a parking on higher levels
I have taken most of the add-ons. Zero dep, return to invoice, engine protect etc. Apartment is next to a lake. I only being cautious. When rain gods get angry, cars in B1 also may not survive.
Old 27th October 2018, 19:00   #409
BHPian

Now, I have reached the Juncture My City 2015 is completing 3 years and have to opt for which Insurance company. IVD quoted 606547/-

I am in a predicament of which company Insurance to go for.
1. TATA AIG GENERAL INSURANCE CO LTD with quote of 15716/-
2. FUTURE GENERALI INDIA INSURANCE COMPANY LTD with 13262/-
3. KOTAK MAHINDRA GENERAL INSURANCE CO LTD with 13590/-
4. ICICI Lombard ( HAVE THE LAST TWO INSURANCE RENEWAL WITH) at 20768/-
5. HDFC ERGO GENERAL INSURANCE CO LTD at 11399/-

Shortlisted :
1.FUTURE GENERALI INDIA INSURANCE COMPANY LTD,
2. TATA AIG,
3. ICICI Lombard .

Is it necessary to have Consumables or return to Invoice?
It has Zero dep,Key cover, RSA (Except for ICICI Lombard)

I'd like opinions/feedback/experiences if any on this Insurance company. FUTURE GENERALI INDIA INSURANCE COMPANY LTD.
I have not had any claims so far touchwood on my vehicle.
Old 28th October 2018, 10:06   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Shortlisted :
1.FUTURE GENERALI INDIA INSURANCE COMPANY LTD,
2. TATA AIG,
3. ICICI Lombard .
Can you elaborate the reason for shortlisting the above 3 Insurance co when there were cheaper premium quotes in the list provided by you.

Does any one of the shortlisted Insurance co have a cashless tie up with the Honda workshop where you would generally service your car. With whom does Honda have a national tie up? Suggest to get the above details, have a word with the workshop guys to know which of the above shortlisted Insurance co has the best claim process and take an informed decision.

Lowest or highest premium quotes should not be taken as the final criteria for choosing an Insurance co.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 13:49   #411
BHPian

My 320D is up for Insurance renewal and on checking with Navnit Motors viz. cashless tie-ups, this is what I got! Excerpt below. How can they take away customer choice? Anyone else dealt with this?

Dear Sir,

If you take Insurance from Navnit Motors then you will get these many companies as our tie-up. If you take from outside it will not considered as our tie-ups.

Please find the Insurance Tie-up Company names.

1. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co Ltd

2. Future Generali India Insurance Co Ltd

3. Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd

4. Royal Sundaram General Insurance
Old 5th November 2018, 13:55   #412
Senior - BHPian

This is true for most service centers. They have a tie up with a selected few insurance companies. Maruti insurance is also a tie up between 3 or 4 insurance companies and maruti service centers across India.
Old 5th November 2018, 15:36   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
How can they take away customer choice? Anyone else dealt with this?
by Tie up I assume they meant the cashless tie up with the listed Insurance co. This does not stop you from buying the Insurance from other Insurance cos except that you will need to pay the workshop upfront and get it reimbursed from the Insurance co.

Did you find a cheaper quote other than from the listed cashless tied up Insurance co? If so ask the Insurance cos to match the quote, they should be more than happy to do it to get business from you.
Old 6th November 2018, 12:47   #414
BHPian

Quote:
by Tie up I assume they meant the cashless tie up with the listed Insurance co. This does not stop you from buying the Insurance from other Insurance cos except that you will need to pay the workshop upfront and get it reimbursed from the Insurance co.

Did you find a cheaper quote other than from the listed cashless tied up Insurance co? If so ask the Insurance cos to match the quote, they should be more than happy to do it to get business from you.
Thanks for your response! Yes, Im aware I could buy from elsewhere. My concern was solely on the arm twisting tactic. You cant have a tie-up with an Insurance provider, but provide cashless settlement only if the policy is renewed through you!
Old 8th March 2019, 02:31   #415
BHPian

Hi ,

Does anyone here has taken ACKO or Digit ? I need to buy insurance for my new car in 2 days. How to calculate the correct IDV for your car if it's brand new ?
Old 8th March 2019, 08:23   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
I need to buy insurance for my new car in 2 days. How to calculate the correct IDV for your car if it's brand new ?
The IDV for a new car will be 5% less than the ex show room cost of the car. Just check with which Insurance co does the manufacturer authorized workshop have a cashless tie up and buy Insurance from that co. Compare the premiums offered by the Insurance co on their website and the comparator websites such as Acko, Digit and take an informed decision.
Old 16th March 2019, 10:50   #417
Senior - BHPian

Is the factory fitted sound system also included in the insurance while purchasing a brand new car or some add on is needed? The car in question is a Swift ZXI plus.
Old 16th March 2019, 11:30   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is the factory fitted sound system also included in the insurance while purchasing a brand new car or some add on is needed? The car in question is a Swift ZXI plus.
There is no seperate add on required, normal comprehensive insurance coverage will suffice.
Old 18th April 2019, 14:00   #419
Senior - BHPian

Policy Bazaar to provide Cashless claim settlement options

Online Comparator website Policy Bazaar.com has unveiled a Cashless Claim settlement option for the customers buying motor insurance from their website. Policy Bazaar says this initiative will provide assured cashless claim settlement across all garages of selected Insurance cos in India. Earlier the cashless claim settlement was limited to select Insurance networked garages in a particular city, now it will pan India.

Quote:
In the past, this service had been provided through a select insurer of network-garages. With the latest initiative of Policybazaar, policyholders can avail this service at any garage across the country without paying the money upfront and filing for reimbursement thereafter. Insurers such as New India Assurance Co., The Oriental Insurance Company, IFFCO Tokio General Insurance and DHFL General Insurance have partnered Policybazaar.com to offer customers easy access to cashless settlement options
Quote:
Customers would be provided cashless settlement of motor claims through a centralized process/video app
Quote:
Policybazaar’s spot claims’ service of three-day repair assurance along with pick-up and drop service has now been expanded to 20 cities from 5-6 cities earlier. It is expected to be available throughout the country within the next six months.
https://www.thehindu.com/business/po...le26867325.ece

MODS: Couldn't find any related thread on Comparator websites. If there is any such thread, request you to kindly move the post. Thanks in advance.
Old 21st April 2019, 00:15   #420
BHPian

I am getting the following quotes for my 2013 VW Vento Highline Diesel
1. New India IDV of 4.5Lakhs- Rs.11980
2. HDFC ERGO IDV of 4.49Lakhs -Rs.12100

Both are quotes from Policybazaar and the rest of the companies are quoting higher premium.
I have New India assurance on 3 of my cars at present, but I have never claimed yet.
Can I go ahead with the purchase from Policybazaar?
How is HDFC ERGO with respect to claims and other issues?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks