Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2019, 09:21   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Can I go ahead with the purchase from Policybazaar?
How is HDFC ERGO with respect to claims and other issues?
Did you check whether you are getting the same premium quote from HDFC on their website? If yes, then I would suggest to opt for HDFC Ergo. I have experienced the claim process to be very smooth and hassle free.

Does the premium quote from policy bazaar include any add ons like zero dep etc?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 09:23   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Did you check whether you are getting the same premium quote from HDFC on their website? If yes, then I would suggest to opt for HDFC Ergo. I have experienced the claim process to be very smooth and hassle free.

Does the premium quote from policy bazaar include any add ons like zero dep etc?
The quote on the HDFC website is Rs.12900, more than what policybazaar and coverfox are charging.
No, this doesn't have any add ons
Old 16th January 2020, 10:28   #423

Hello,
My Fortuner has completing 5 years now and it's now time to renew the insurance. Till now I used to go for the "zero" depreciation policy. As usual I keep getting calls from agents and few of them told me that there are only few insurance companies provide "zero" depreciation policies for cars beyond 5 years. Is this true?
jaisonjose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 11:14   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonjose View Post
Hello,
few of them told me that there are only few insurance companies provide "zero" depreciation policies for cars beyond 5 years. Is this true?

Yes some of the add-ons like Zero depreciation etc., would vary with insurer to insurer based on the age of the vehicle.

If you are specific about the Zero depreciation then go ahead with the insurer who provide that. If your are specific about zero depreciation and insurer too, then try some minor change in the IDV and check in the comparator websites like cover fox or Policy bazaar for competitive quotes.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 15:32   #425
Senior - BHPian

My previous policy was with Tata AIG, and I started getting automated calls around 2 weeks before the policy lapse date. These calls used to come around 3 times a day and back to back on my four different telephone nos (I guess they got all the nos linked to my name through True Caller since I would have given only number while taking the policy ) There are recorded options to renew, talk to executive, get a call back etc, but none of the option works. It was plain harassment and I would have got more than 150 calls in total till date. Tweeting to their official handle didn't invoke any response. Now today, ie. one day before policy lapse, I took Royal Sundaram through an agent. I have decided not to go near Tata AIG ever in life. I am still getting calls (and SMS has also started from today), I am not sure there is a forum to raise these grievances in India.

Last edited by gadadhar : 17th March 2020 at 15:34.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 16:50   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My previous policy was with Tata AIG, and I started getting automated calls around 2 weeks before the policy lapse date. These calls used to come around 3 times a day and back to back on my four different telephone nos (I guess they got all the nos linked to my name through True Caller since I would have given only number while taking the policy ) There are recorded options to renew, talk to executive, get a call back etc, but none of the option works. It was plain harassment and I would have got more than 150 calls in total till date. Tweeting to their official handle didn't invoke any response. Now today, ie. one day before policy lapse, I took Royal Sundaram through an agent. I have decided not to go near Tata AIG ever in life. I am still getting calls (and SMS has also started from today), I am not sure there is a forum to raise these grievances in India.
The perils of buying and interacting online with Insurance Service Providers. Bad. Best is to have a human broker who does the work.

Regarding Royal Sundaram...please be cautious. Selling a policy is one thing, servicing the policy is something else. Royal Sundaram has draconian systems and approval chains especially when it comes to major claim amounts.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 16:57   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
The quote on the HDFC website is Rs.12900, more than what policybazaar and coverfox are charging.
No, this doesn't have any add ons
You own an expensive car. And it has expensive parts. And you face a lot of depreciation expenses in case you need to make a claim.

Your's is a classic case when a good broker can help. It is old school but it still is the best way to do it.
Old 27th April 2020, 10:43   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post

Regarding Royal Sundaram...please be cautious.
Thanks for the caution, I am left with no choice for next 1 year, hope it goes without issues.
Old 4th May 2020, 14:00   #429
BHPian

Hello,
I'm using National Insurance. I have my policy number with me. Is there any way I can download a copy of my motor insurance online. If anyone have a link please share. Thank you.
Old 4th May 2020, 15:11   #430
Senior - BHPian

A Warning to those using HDFC ERGO. While I'm all happy with the service, I have discovered that if you renew from them, you can't adjust your IDV. Eg. when I feed the car details in Coverfox, I get a range of IDV and upon choosing, I should be able to renew. But the moment I put in old policy name and number, it tells me can't issue the policy. So I either have to renew as per HDFCs IDV and cost or get car insurance from another company.

Wanted to highlight this as for first 4 years, you can switch insurers with ease, as most companies are happy for your business. But from year 5 onwards, you are better off sticking to one company which will offer zero dep only because you stuck to them. Hence my suggestion would be to plan in such a way so as to pick HDFC Ergo for the 4th year with a high IDV, so that on subsequent renewals, you won't feel that you got a low IDV.

In my case, I had kept IDV low as I had return to invoice cover. Now for the 5th year, HDFC wasn't offered RTI cover and only zero dep. Hence I wanted a slight bump up in IDV, but didn't happen. But luckily, this mismatch was just 20k (I got 5.8L vs the 6.0L that I wanted).
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 16:25   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
... But from year 5 onwards, you are better off sticking to one company which will offer zero dep only because you stuck to them. .
Not really. I was with Future Generali for my Polo for 5 years. When it was time to renew (Nov 2019), they didn't offer zero dep. So i shifted to Royal Sundaram.

Note: I was very happy with the service of FG. Claims processing and payment was prompt, would have continued with them if they offered zero dep.
JohnyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 13:57   #432
BHPian

Hello All,

I am new on this forum so would apologize in advance if I make a mistake during the post.

I own a June,19 Hyundai Creta whose policy renewal is next month.

The current provider is HDFC Ergo and I have made no claims yet(hopefully that never situation never comes)

The queries where I would need your guidance/advise is :-

1.If I opt for RTI in that case should I keep the IDV intentionally low since RTI will cover the gap in case of total damage or should I continue to keep the IDV at par or little higher in general in following renewals.

2.My running is low (7-10k at the max) so still should I buy RTI.As in is it a good idea?

3.I have so far recieved quotes from HDFC ERGO(from their website it costs 22100 with RTI,Bumper to Bumper,RSA) with an IDV of 10.50,Tata AIG(Zero Dep,RTI,Tyre,Consumables,RSA,Key Replacement,Engine Protector) with 10.45 IDV and premium of 18250. Out of the 2 which is better in terms of hassle free claim and lesser ifs and buts.

4.Which other providers should I look into for renewal(I stay in Bangalore)

5.In case I only go with Zero Dep as the add on along with the other minor add-ons should I continue to keep the IDV little higher for current and future renewals ?
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 22:39   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyo
1.If I opt for RTI in that case should I keep the IDV intentionally low since RTI will cover the gap in case of total damage or should I continue to keep the IDV at par or little higher in general in following renewals.
The RTI part of the insurance from what I understand covers the road tax and insurance of the vehicle. It would be apt if you keep the above-mentioned IDV for the vehicle irrespective of whether you take RTI or not.

Quote:
2.My running is low (7-10k at the max) so still should I buy RTI.As in is it a good idea?
Since your car is fairly new you should go ahead with RTI. 10K is a decent running to get top-end insurance.

Quote:
3.I have so far recieved quotes from HDFC ERGO(from their website it costs 22100 with RTI,Bumper to Bumper,RSA) with an IDV of 10.50,Tata AIG(Zero Dep,RTI,Tyre,Consumables,RSA,Key Replacement,Engine Protector) with 10.45 IDV and premium of 18250. Out of the 2 which is better in terms of hassle free claim and lesser ifs and buts.
HDFC Ergo is a better company than Tata Aig. But you could consider Tata Aig in this case as the difference is almost 4K. You will face no issues with Tata Aig.

Quote:
4.Which other providers should I look into for renewal(I stay in Bangalore)
You could also look for quotes from Bajaj Allianz and ICICI Lombard. Both are good companies.

Quote:
5.In case I only go with Zero Dep as the add on along with the other minor add-ons should I continue to keep the IDV little higher for current and future renewals ?
Yes, you could consider this but it is usually best to keep the IDV along with the current market value of the car.

Last edited by Kashish : 25th May 2020 at 22:43.
Kashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 07:49   #434
BHPian

Hi All, I purchased Venue last year and took insurance with the dealer which was Chola MS General insurance, IDV was 906000. Now, last week I got a call from Chola MS and was given the below quote for B2B. I want your thoughts on the same if it is really good to go?

Basic OD(IDV) 900,000.00 - 28,143
NCB 20% - 5,629
BASIC OD - 22,514
DD 73% - 16,436
TOTAL OD - 6,079
ZERO DEP 100% - 5,400
Rsa - 99
BASIC TP - 0
PD - 0
CNG - 0
PA COVE 1,500,000.00 - 0
TOTAL - 11,578
GST 18% - 2,084
TOTAL PREMIUM - 13662
Old 4th June 2020, 14:26   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Basic OD(IDV) 900,000.00 - 28,143
You IDV should be ideally 810000 approx. You should get a fresh quote for the correct IDV.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks