Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 01:19   #241

Re: All queries about Loan NOC, RC Entry and Hypothecation removal

Apologies for re-starting an old thread.

Urgent help needed!

I am driving a Karnataka registered (RTO - KA03) car in Kolkata since 2017 and I did not take an NOC from Karnataka RTO when moving to Kolkata as the duration of my stay in Kolkata was uncertain.

Now I want to get an NOC from Karnataka and wish to re-register the vehicle in West Bengal. I have a car loan with SBI Mahadevpura branch, which I will be foreclosing.

I need help with the following queries:

1. Do I have to take the car to Bangalore for obtaining the NOC? I will be going there anyways to close the loan and bank formalities.

2. Do I need to be physically present at the RTO to obtain an NOC? Can I get it done by an agent? If so, kindly share the contacts. My email id is rajibghosh.rg@gmail.com

3.The Karnataka Transport Department website lists ‘Emission Test Certificate’ as one of the documents. I currently have a PUCC from Kolkata which is expiring on 30-Aug-2019. Will that be accepted or do they need one from Karnataka? If that is the scenario, I have no option but to drive the car to Bangalore.

Plan B (will be very sad and unacceptable though.)

I have had a visit to one of their branches in Kolkata and they said they can buy the car, but since I have a loan with SBI in a different city, I will have to close the loan myself first and obtain Form35.

My car was purchased in June 2016 and I have no intentions to sell.

Please advise…
Thanks in advance.
Old 13th August 2019, 08:16   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginWheels View Post
Apologies for re-starting an old thread.

Urgent help needed!
Not to discourage you but I have faced hell of trouble in transferring my car from Bangalore to Mumbai in 2011. If I were you, I will sell the car and buy a new one in Kolkata assuming my stay is long enough there. I may be wrong in my assumption (one of the case?) but fellow BHPians with better experience will be able to help you here.
Old 3rd October 2019, 11:58   #243
Senior - BHPian

RC Cancellation - KA Registered, being used in KL

My Palio is almost nearing its end of life, and maintaining this car would become more difficult from now, as it has become very difficult to source parts. Moreover, it is 14 years old now.

Ever since I moved to Trivandrum in 2008, I have been using this car here in Kerala, I have never cared to get an NOC from KA RTO. (KL RTO doesn't care much about other state registered cars being used here)

My question is - I am planning to scrap the car here in Trivandrum and cancel its RC. I understand that there are several documents required to cancel the RC, including an address proof. However, now I don't have an address in Bangalore. How difficult will be this cancellation process, given this situation?

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd October 2019 at 12:03.
Old 21st July 2020, 15:32   #244
BHPian

With interest rates heading south, does it make sense to switch car loans? (despite the got of prepayment penalty)

I see a lot of articles on refinancing/renegotiating home loans, but none on car loans.

Thoughts?
Old 5th January 2021, 17:20   #245
Senior - BHPian

Re: RC Cancellation - KA Registered, being used in KL

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
My Palio is almost nearing its end of life, and maintaining this car would become more difficult from now, as it has become very difficult to source parts. Moreover, it is 14 years old now.

My question is - I am planning to scrap the car here in Trivandrum and cancel its RC.
Why not list the car for sale in KA & sell it there after one last drive with it there ? IMO better than junking a well maintained working car.
While it might not fetch much, atleast better than scrapping.

Another option is to get an NOC from KA (process is easier today) and register in Kerala. I recently got an NOC for my 15yo Baleno from TN & registered it in KL for another 5 years - the Kerala part was straightforward & without any agents/bribes. For TN, I had to use an agent as I don't stay there anymore.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 20:14   #246
BHPian

Guys this is specifically for Delhi RTO NOC to other state application submitted through online portal. Not for any other RTOs.

My query is, are original documents posted to the RTO? Or they have to be presented in person?

Most Viewed