Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 17:54   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I have a Query,

I closed my ICICI Car Loan by paying the last EMI in Dec 09, also the NOC letter was delivered by Mid-Feb, however, I did not get my 5 Cheques that I had given to ICICI at the time of availing this loan,

I called up the ICICI customer care and they said that they cannot use them as they have issued NOC which means that the loan is closed and also told me that they have destroyed all the 5 cheques.

I understand that receiving NOC means that the loan is succesfully closed, but I am a bit worried about the cheques although I know that it is an offence on their part to use those cheques once my loan is cleared, but I really dont want to get into any of those hassles.

What should I do now?
You have a option of stop payment also why you worry so much?
Old 1st July 2010, 18:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

Non return of Cheques

HDFC has a practice of returning the cheques if you ask for it in writing else they will not. I had this experience with them.So just call the customer care number and find out, may be ICICI also have adopted the same procedure. You can also ask the bank to stop payment against these cheques.
Old 20th July 2010, 15:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
My car was registered at Yeswantpur RTO. My address has got changed and now falls under Indiranagar RTO. RC book still has the old address mentioned.

Where should I go for hypothecation process - Yeswantpur RTO or Indiranagar RTO?
Finally completed this procedure.

Day 1
Applied for HP removal at original RTO. Along with HP removal, applied for clearance from original RTO and transfer to new RTO. Application for clearance done in white paper.

After 2 weeks, received the RC book with HP cancelled and clearance certificate indicating to submit the RC at new RTO.

Day 2
Applied for address change at new RTO. Submitted the RC book, clearance certificate at new RTO. Indiranagar RTO mandated to have smart card RC instead of book. Hence applied for smart card.

After 4 weeks, received the smart card RC with new address updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Since my address has got changed, would RTO require a proof of address? What documents would they accept? Bank (SBI/ICICI) statement or landline (Airtel) bill original would do?
Address proof provided was self swearing affidavit with public notary along with house rent agreement and electricity bill.
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:02   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Change of city of registration for car under loan?

Hello All,

I saw a clause in some car loan agreements that the car can't be registered in any other city (other than the city of original registration where loan was taken). This does not make sense at all since now-a-days people change jobs and cities pretty often. When I asked this to the bank loan manager, he verbally agreed that they give a NOC for changing the city of registration for the car under loan, and he said this is a routine procedure and not a problem at all. However, this is only a verbal promise and in reality the written agreement prohibits change of city.

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about this clause and how it is actually enforced?

Thanks,
-AD
Old 7th August 2010, 00:36   #110
BHPian

dear all,

My car was registered by dealer @ tilak nagar rto delhi, but my address falls under janak puri rto , which rto should i apply to get my hp removed
Old 7th August 2010, 05:37   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
My car was registered by dealer @ tilak nagar rto delhi, but my address falls under janak puri rto , which rto should i apply to get my hp removed
See my post in the same page. HP cancellation would have to be be done at the original RTO. Only the original RTO would have details of the car's registration.
Old 19th August 2010, 07:48   #112
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I dont know if this question is OT, but i didn't find a thread that was more appropriate.

I got my car delivered on 9th July 2010 and its 19th Aug now and I still have not received the RC SmartCard yet. Car was registered with the Electronic City (Bangalore) RTO.

The thing my wife and I both work and are not at home during the daytime. We may have missed the delivery for this reason. But I stay in an apartment complex and all my couriers come from security. There was no courier that came to the security and there have been no Visit-Slips left with them for this missed delivery anyway.

Can someone please help me with tracking the RC smartcard here in bangalore?

The thing is, I spoke to the Dealer from whom I bought the car and he says that if i dont receive it till 45days after delivery, I can tell him and he will get it collected from the RTO and give it to me. Is this the only option or are there any other options available.

I dont intend to go to the RTO since i dont know the local language and tracking such a delivery will be a BIG issue over there.

Please help me guys!!
Old 15th September 2010, 15:04   #113
BHPian

Hello All,

I am sharing my current experience and what I am going through -

I bought my car from Bimal maruti dealer in Bangalore in Jan 2005, and had a loan on it.
Now for the last couple of years, I am not having the RC book original with me, and I was under impression that I have lost it somewhere.

I got a police complaint registered, affidavit etc preparing to apply for duplicate RC Book.
Since I was also planning to sell the car soon, I foreclosed the loan with ICICI two days ago, and go the NOC today. In the back of my mind, I had this doubt that I might have submitted the original RC Book to the bank when loan was taken. But Bank people denied that they have my original RC BOok and said they never take original.

But one guy from ICICI customer care said that the original would be with dealer, so I went to the dealer, and on checking their ledgers, there was a note that the RC Book was couriered to the bank a few days after the purchase of the car in Feb 2005.

Again I went to the bank, and they again said there is absolutely no chance they would be having the RC Book.

Anyway, bottom of it it is my mistake, I neither remember to whom I might've given the RC book, or if I had it and lost it myself somewhere.

I am now proceeding to apply for duplicate RC book, but my loss is when I am trying to sell the car, when I state the fact that I am getting duplicate RC book, the value of the car is dropped by 25K - (in this case I am dealing with a Tata dealer for exchanging this car for another upgrade).

Phew!

PS: Also, I now no longer live in Bangalore(Karnataka) but live in Hosur.(Tamilnadu).
When I go to the Indiranagar RTO in Bangalore for duplicate RC + removal of Hypothecation, I wonder if they would make a issue out this that I dont reside in Bangalore anymore..
Any advice on what I should do and how I should go prepared?

Suresh.

Last edited by verditer : 15th September 2010 at 15:18. Reason: Adding a question
Old 10th January 2011, 11:08   #114
Senior - BHPian

Re: All queries about Loan NOC, RC Entry and Hypothecation removal

What's the procedure to obtain NOC from the RTO ?
What all are the documents to be submitted/verfied to get NOC ?
Should the presence of vehicle(for which NOC is requested) in RTO a MUST to receive NOC ?

Note - Insurance validity is still there, No hypothecation, No accidents on the vehicle whatsoever
Old 10th January 2011, 14:47   #115
BHPian

Sushruta,"
Why do you need a NOC from the RTO? Is this a vehicle from a different state?
Old 10th January 2011, 15:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Sushruta,"
Why do you need a NOC from the RTO? Is this a vehicle from a different state?
No, it's from same state, but the transfer of the ownership will be between different RTO in different cities.
In this case isn't NOC not required ?
Old 10th January 2011, 15:27   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

NOC Will be required in case the vehicle is getting registered out of State or also in case if it is being sold and the new owner's address comes under a different RTO (even if it meant the same city).

@Sushrutha,
RTO doesnt need physical inspection of your vehicle. NOC Is basically to get a clearance from RTO by verifying Police Records if your vehicle has any history of illegal activities etc.

You will need to Submit an application in Plain paper along with Photocopies of RC, Valid Insurance and Tax Paid Receipt. The RTO will then issue a letter addressed to the Police commissioner with which you will have to make a visit and get your vehicle's credentials verified (through the Registration Number of course). They will then issue a clearance certificate which you will again need to produce to the RTO who will then issue a NOC for your Vehicle.

Hope this helps.

PS: An agent might do it for a thousand bucks but then we don't need this thread discussing all these!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th January 2011 at 15:32.
Old 10th January 2011, 15:32   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
NOC Will be required in case the vehicle is getting registered out of State or also in case if it is being sold and the new owner's address comes under a different RTO (even if it meant the same city).

@Sushrutha,
RTO doesnt need physical inspection of your vehicle. NOC Is basically to get a clearance from RTO by verifying Police Records if your vehicle has any history of illegal activities etc.

You will need to Submit an application in Plain paper along with Photocopies of RC, Valid Insurance and Tax Paid Receipt. The RTO will then issue a letter addressed to the Police commissioner with which you will have to make a visit and get your vehicle's credentials verified (through the Registration Number of course). They will then issue a clearance certificate which you will again need to produce to the RTO who will then issue a NOC for your Vehicle.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Parag,
This definetely helped me in clearing my doubts. Seems like it's not a 1 day affair as it looks (RTO + police involved).
So how many days does it take for me to get a NOC after applying for the same in RTO.
Old 10th January 2011, 15:57   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thanks Parag,
This definetely helped me in clearing my doubts. Seems like it's not a 1 day affair as it looks (RTO + police involved).
So how many days does it take for me to get a NOC after applying for the same in RTO.
Visit to the commissioner's office is definitely going to take one day for sure.

Apart from that you can obtain NOC from RTO in a week's time easily.
Old 24th January 2011, 11:34   #120
Senior - BHPian

Got the Clearence Certificate for my car last weekend.
The process is like this,
Original RC Book, along with Insurance copy of the vehicle have to be submitted with Form -29(For issuing clearence certificate) attached and filled with the buyer address.
Vehile is not required for inspection,
RTO officers will check if there's any loan , case against the car, If not you get the NOC within hours.
For me it took almost half a day, cos of numerous signatures/verifications from different officials

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks