Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:35   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: All queries about Loan NOC, RC Entry and Hypothecation removal

^^ Please ignore. The RC book just landed.
Old 16th December 2013, 20:54   #182
Senior - BHPian

My company lease (car) has been fully paid off. The registration authority on the smart card RC is the same as where I live - so it will be an intra RTO transfer from my company to myself. RTO in question is Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi
My questions:
1) What forms do I need to take with myself?
2) What is the procedure for this at Sheikh Sarai?
Old 17th December 2013, 08:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
My company lease (car) has been fully paid off. The registration authority on the smart card RC is the same as where I live - so it will be an intra RTO transfer from my company to myself. RTO in question is Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi
My questions:
1) What forms do I need to take with myself?
2) What is the procedure for this at Sheikh Sarai?
Yes it will be an intra RTO transfer and the same forms required for ownership transfer will be applicable namel Form 28, 29, & 30. Ensure that the forms are duly endorsed by the car lease co for any nullification of hypothecation. I guess the procedure at every RTO would be same. Also ensure to get the Insurance ownership transferred too.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 11:53   #184
Senior - BHPian

Hello Folks,

After a tiring 3 years, my car loan ended this month. My last EMI was due on 5th Match 2014, and was auto-debited from my bank account.

So now comes a few questions:

- Will I get some documentation from the bank that my car loan has ended ? If yes, what ?
- What documents do I need to carry to RTO for hypothecation cancellation ?
- Can I do the cancellation on my own, or is it a complex process, requiring a broker/agent ?
- Does the RTO keep any of my original documents ? Can I drive my car without carrying these documents ? Will I get a challan/receipt stating that they have kept the originals ?

Any advice / help would be very helpful.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:48   #185
Senior - BHPian

Hello Folks,

Bumping up my above query post.

Can someone update / guide me on the process ?
Old 29th May 2014, 14:11   #186
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends has a KA registered two wheeler which he brought with him when he came over to Chennai along with the NOC from the Bangalore RTO etc. Its been more than 1.5 years now and he has not done anything about re-registering the vehicle at Chennai. Now, he is required to relocate back to Bangalore next month. Question I have is - does he need to no anything at all with the NOC in terms of cancellation etc for him to use the bike in Bangalore? IMO no action should be required as it is a KA registered vehicle and he is indeed going back to the same place where the bike was bought. Nevertheless, want to seek comments from the gurus here. Thanks.
Old 24th September 2014, 19:14   #187
BHPian

I want to sell my UP registered car here in Bangalore. I have paid Bangalore road tax in 2011 but did not take an NOC from RTO in Ghaziabad(where car is registered). Is it possible to sell the car without NOC from RTO? Otherwise I will have to send the car back to my hometown and sell there.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:55   #188

Hi All

Quick query. I have an NOC from Axis bank which is a year + old but does not have any "validity date" on them. Can i still use it for Hypothecation removal or do i need to get a new one.

Also, I am selling my car now and do the ownership transfer be a separate process or can i combine them into one (removing hypothecation and ownership transfer)?

Thanks
B
Old 7th November 2014, 10:02   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBrat View Post
Hi All

Quick query. I have an NOC from Axis bank which is a year + old but does not have any "validity date" on them. Can i still use it for Hypothecation removal or do i need to get a new one.

Also, I am selling my car now and do the ownership transfer be a separate process or can i combine them into one (removing hypothecation and ownership transfer)?

Thanks
B
Hypothecation NOC is valid only for 90 days from date of issue, ie 3 months.
Atleast that is what was written on the NOC from HDFC Bank.

Do read the NOC back and forth multiple times. You would surely find its validity.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 11:01   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBrat View Post
Hi All

Thanks
B
Some banks issue NOC without any expiry date. So consider yourself lucky your NOC is valid.

You will need to first remove the hypothecation and then do the transfer process.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 16:08   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Some banks issue NOC without any expiry date. So consider yourself lucky your NOC is valid.

You will need to first remove the hypothecation and then do the transfer process.
Thanks for your reply. Turns out I wasn't that lucky. Had to really read through the smaller print to find that mine was no longer valid.

For the best part, I got mine from axis bank in less than 10 minutes which was a pleasant shock as i spent nearly 3 hours to close mine when I did a year and half back.

Called customer service, they asked me to take RC, insurance paper, photo ID and address proof, and cheque book and said i will know the exact amount only at the RAC, axis bank.

Walked in, got a service form that I needed to fill with loan a/c no, name and contact details and got a token no 26 and thought am going to spend the Saturday here. To my surprise I was called to the reception in less than 5 minutes and voila the printed forms were there and they did not charge me a dime. Asked for a copy of photo ID and that's it.

Really impressed with axis bank. Now on to next step, getting the hypothecation removed.
Old 1st December 2014, 14:01   #192
Senior - BHPian

On smart cards, how do we find out whether the hypothication removal is being done. I had done this for my i10 through a agent, but he did not produce any proof that time. Now I am worried whether he just pocketed the money and did not do any service
Old 2nd December 2014, 03:11   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
On smart cards, how do we find out whether the hypothication removal is being done. I had done this for my i10 through a agent, but he did not produce any proof that time. Now I am worried whether he just pocketed the money and did not do any service

The Smart Card is returned as it is via Speed Post. There is no new SC issued. Just that the SC is now programmed with the new info that hypo has been removed. So there isn't any physical evidence whether the hypo removal has actually been done or not.

You can visit a Bangalore One center and get the information from RTO Database. You need to pay some fee to get the information.

I had done my Hypo removal by directly visiting the RTO (KA 51). Pretty simple process without involvement of any bribe (atleast in my case).
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:41   #194
BHPian

I took delivery of my Alto800 CNG on 4th May 2015. Car is registered at MH-03 RTO. Its been 2 months and I have not received my RC book yet. Should I be worried?
Old 28th August 2015, 12:52   #195
Senior - BHPian

Please help me on my query. I am moving from Mumbai to Hyderabad for about 2 Years, and will return back to Mumbai. I want to take my car and 2 bikes to Hyderabad, pay the local taxes for 2 years, retain my MH number plates and then after two years get them back to Mumbai. I understand that I don't need to get NOC from Maharashtra for this. I need to know the legality and correct process. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks