Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 17:22   #16
BHPian

In case of ICICI home loan, the papers have to come from their Mumbai HQ. I am not sure how it is for car loan.

the service of ICICI varies from branch to branch, and one can foreclose the loan at any branch. So one should go to a branch that gives better service.

I foreclosed my ICICI home loan this february. I was told that the papers will come within 21 days. They came in 24 days or so.

When you are foreclosing a loan, you get phone calls from ICICI ( various branches) asking you about the quality of service of ICIC and whether you want to avail of a personal loan, whether you will recomment ICICi loan to your acquaintances etc. Every time I got a call, I would tell them that my impression of ICICI i subject to getting my papers back in time. And make no mistake, these callers, from whereever they call, have the details of your loan available with them.

Best of luck in your dealing with ICICI.

And the next, and most important step- do not have anything to do with ICICI in future. Go to a government bank and have peace of mind.
Old 11th December 2007, 13:32   #17
BHPian

I forclosed my ICICI carloan in October this year. Even after 3 weeks when I did not receive the NOC, I visited the branch where I had foreclosed. They said they will call for the documents and call me up OR else asked me to visit their Worli office. I asked them to collect. Just 3 days after that I received the papers by post. !! So it took me 4 weeks.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:37   #18
BHPian

I've finally got the NOC documents after 2 months. I don't know what sort of process would require 2 months!
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just finished the last installment on my car loan with ICICI. Did'nt have to do any followup whatsoever. Within 21 days they had sent the NOC and cancelled checks (2 seperate letters) to my mailing address. Its been a real pleasure dealing with ICICI. Did I mention that they sanctioned my loan in 2 minutes without any documentation whatsoever, on the basis of my credit card. Did I also mention that I walked into a showroom for the first time to buy a car, and walked out 1 hour later with a brand new car. OBTW, 1 hr was also the time it took to drive the car down from the stock yard. ICICI and Hyundai rock !!!
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

My experience: Stan Chart took about 15 days and ICICI took about 21 days. In first case it was car loand and in 2nd it was bike loan.
Old 24th January 2008, 14:17   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, lots of people here who have foreclosed loans. What is the kind of penalty that you have paid, if at all?
Old 24th January 2008, 14:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO - I did'nt foreclose my loan, the tenure came to an end. But, when I had enquired a year ago, ICICI had quoted a 3% penalty for foreclosure. Found that it was not worth it to foreclose, so just kept paying my EMI's till the loan was fully paid.

Thats one area where I think some of the PSU banks score. They have low or no foreclosure charges as compared to the pvt banks.
Old 24th January 2008, 14:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Just finished the last installment on my car loan with ICICI. Did'nt have to do any followup whatsoever. Within 21 days they had sent the NOC and cancelled checks (2 seperate letters) to my mailing address. Its been a real pleasure dealing with ICICI. Did I mention that they sanctioned my loan in 2 minutes without any documentation whatsoever, on the basis of my credit card. Did I also mention that I walked into a showroom for the first time to buy a car, and walked out 1 hour later with a brand new car. OBTW, 1 hr was also the time it took to drive the car down from the stock yard. ICICI and Hyundai rock !!!
it so refreshing to read such positive experiences!
Old 24th January 2008, 14:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are lucky. In my case, they took 5 days to sanction the loan (instead of 3 promised), and gave me the loan soon after the interest rates were hiked by 1%. I thought of refusing the loan and applying to SBI, but since the car was ready, fell prey to temptation and took the loan from those *** guys.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:12   #25
BHPian

Yup, I too foreclosed my loans with StanChart & ICICI. StanChart were very professional and issued the NOC within 14 days. ICICI was all over the place. They didn't commit on timelines but I got the NOC in about 20 days.

Yup I did pay a hefty foreclosure penalty to both of them
Old 24th January 2008, 20:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

I got the NOC from ICICI in about 12 days flat. No problems whatsoever. But they charged a 5% preclosure penalty since I was selling it and closed it in 1.5 years.(3.5 yrs ahead of time)...
Damn I love govt banks in this
Old 6th February 2008, 21:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did I also mention that I walked into a showroom for the first time to buy a car, and walked out 1 hour later with a brand new car. OBTW, 1 hr was also the time it took to drive the car down from the stock yard. ICICI and Hyundai rock !!!
WOW.

BTW, how could they give you car without doing RTO formalities?
Old 7th February 2008, 00:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

I had foreclosed my ICICI car loan on 9th October 2007, just 6 months after the car purchase, because we wanted to apply for a home loan. Closure charge was flat 5.62% of the outstanding amount.

Coming to the topic of the thread, its now 4 months after the foreclosure, you believe it or not, I have not received the NOC till date. Unused post-dated cheques were returned by courier somewhere in December 2007. We did not need the NOC that urgently and did not have the time to visit the branch, ICICI has taken its own sweet time for the same. Drama unfolds when I mailed the personal banker 2 days back. NOC was already sent to me in December itself, but never received. I know ICICI has many reasons to say, I have lost their cheque books 3 times in a row. What more can we expect ? Now its waiting for the NOC.

Do we need to go to the RTO for cancelling the hypothication seal from the RC book ? Or will the bank do it for us ? Even if ICICI promises me to do it, I dont think I will hand over the RC book to them. I might either lose it forever or run another 4 months to collect it back. Suggestions appreciated.
Old 7th February 2008, 07:31   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Do we need to go to the RTO for cancelling the hypothication seal from the RC book ? Or will the bank do it for us ? Even if ICICI promises me to do it, I dont think I will hand over the RC book to them. I might either lose it forever or run another 4 months to collect it back. Suggestions appreciated.

You need to take the RC book and the NOC with the correct form filled up and correct fee paid to the Go[d|vernment]. Of course, the pujari will demand his cut, which will have to be routed through the "Keezshanthi" aka RTO agent. Else, you will find that some organisations do give ICICI a run for their money on the delaying game.
Old 7th February 2008, 11:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info buddy. Means few more bigger 'Gandhi' notes will be lost very soon. 'Keezshanthi' and 'Melzshanthi' are ruling our country, we have no choice but to blame ourselves !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks