Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 02:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Cashless Insurance - How does it work?

I read that as C.A.S.H.L.E.S.S - but apparently my dealer(Pratham Motors) thinks otherwise.

I am claiming cashless insurance from Royal Sundaram, but my dealer has asked me to pay up 40% of the costs at the time of taking delivery of the vehicle after repairs. They say that the amount will be refunded to me once the claim is settled by the Insurer. Why call it cashless insurance, then?

Maruti Insurance site says I have to only the excess and the depreciation cost as applicable - So the dealer is trying to take me for a ride ?
[https://www.marutiinsurance.com/why-...surance.aspx#]

Of course, I don't intend to pay up. Let's see if they play ball.
Old 19th December 2007, 02:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK cashless in cashless insurance you dont have to pay the whole amount to the dealer yerself first and then get the from insurance afterwards. All you have pay is just the depreciation amount + amount of parts on which there is no insurance.

You do not have to pay the repair charges to the extent the same is payable by the Insurance Company. Just pay for the compulsory excess and applicable depreciation (both are as per motor tariff) and walk away with the repaired vehicle - Rest is settled directly between the dealer and the Insurance Company.
Old 19th December 2007, 02:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes, thats what the fine print says. But the dealer is trying to cover himself and wants some money while the insurance red tape works its way out.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2007 at 12:02.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:02   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Contact the insurance company and lodge a complaint. If your insurer has a tie-up with the dealership, then you only have to pay the differential amount.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Pratham is at their games?
Kuttapan, you dont need to pay anything beyond the excess and applicable depreciation which since your car is in its first year would be about 10% on metal.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes, If Royal Sundaram has Cashless Claims agremeent with Pratham, you need NOT PAY anything apart from the mandatory amount (Rs.500 in my case) and 50% of any Plastic parts.
Old 19th December 2007, 14:44   #7
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest we have a poll here to find out which is the better insurance agent.
Old 19th December 2007, 23:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have nothing against the agent here, the survey was in double quick time and there was no hassles.
Old 22nd September 2013, 12:33   #9

ICICI Lombard lists VW service centre for cashless claims but service denied

Hi,

I am an owner of VW Polo Tdi trendline (2011). Last year i had opted for ICICI lombard insurance as they promised me more than two "bumper to bumper claims". Secondly they assured me that they offer cashless facility at "FRONTIER AUTOWORLD PVT LTD DHASRA NO-2482, 2483, 2484, SECTOR-52,OPP ARDEE CITY, WAZIRABAD,,-122001". The concerned person even told me to refer to the list of their Cashless Garages that clearly states this service station in the list(attaching screenshot for the same). So in the month of March/April my polo took a little beating on the left rear door. I went to the service station and to my surprise they said they don't have a tie up with ICICI. I spoke to the ICICI customer care and they kept insisting that they have a tie up. After a lot of talking the customer service representative told me that she would have a word with their area manager or i don't know who. I was given the number of the insurance surveyor who advised me that they had a tie up with them but not anymore. That really ticked me off, i was told to take the car to another service station that is really far from my house. I told them to at least update their site and not fool the customers. That is not the end of the story, so now my insurance is getting expired on September 27, 2013. I got a call from ICICI and even after listening to my previous experience they had the audacity to tell me that they provide Cashless facility in the same service station and even told me to refer to their so called list of "Cashless Garages in your area". The frontier Gurgaon people clearly state everytime that they only have cashless tie up with Bajaj. I don't know who's more to blame. Is it ICICI for fooling their customers or VW service station who have a tie up with only one insurance company.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Icici-Cashless garages.bmp (550.4 KB, 4680 views)
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:28   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ICICI Lombard lists VW service centre for cashless claims but service denied

Dear abbatoir,

As far as I know, you should be able to get your car fixed at any VW authorised service centre and be able to claim the full insurance from your provider. All you need to pay is the deductible and anything that is not covered, insurance will pick up the rest after survey is completed and approved. this is the first time I am hearing of an insurance company saying you *must* go to XYZ service centre to claim the insurance.

Also, your VW authorised service centre has no business compelling you to go with one insurance provider. I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

My guess is they are just jerking you around. Stand firm and escalate to higher authorities at both VW and ICICI Lombard.

I have changed the subject line to better reflect the specific situation.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:56   #11

Re: ICICI Lombard lists VW service centre for cashless claims but service denied

Hi noopster, thanks for your reply. I think i didn't mention my concern clearly. My main concern is regarding the cashless facility. ICICI shows this showroom in their list of cashless garages. However, the service station denied it. I was told to go to another service station im order to avail the cashless benefit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks