Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 19:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

see i had seen an advt werein a guy was questioning the electrician on his knowledgr of the job he was doing.end he leaves the job to expert and pushes off.you would have friends who would have past expierience of buying cars and please why dont you take the advice of an expert near you.you wont have to pay him anything for his consultancy.get the issue sorted fast and we would wish to see one more fiat in the t-bhp line upp.
ram
Old 25th February 2008, 17:59   #47
BHPian

On the other hand, why don't you check with TATA Motors Finance. They have best deals for TATA and FIAT vehicles..

I got mine one from TATA Motors Finance for very less interest rate as compared with any other bank at that time.
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
On the other hand, why don't you check with TATA Motors Finance. They have best deals for TATA and FIAT vehicles..

I got mine one from TATA Motors Finance for very less interest rate as compared with any other bank at that time.

How much and for which model?

For Safari its
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

tata's interest rates are misleading. for the same amount, a loan from CSB turned out to have lesser EMI's than tata's , despite tata claiming lower interest rates.
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How much and for which model?

For Safari its
I got 1990/lac for 5 years. At that time, others were quoting at 2100/lac to 2200/lac for 5 years. Vehicle is FIAT Palio 1.6 Sports, APR-2006.
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

For Innova its 8% ! Dnt ask me how much for Safari!
Old 3rd March 2008, 18:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
tata's interest rates are misleading. for the same amount, a loan from CSB turned out to have lesser EMI's than tata's , despite tata claiming lower interest rates.
Thats because dealers and DSA don't quote "Operating Interest rate". Banks give some discount over actual rate and that discount reduces principal that has to be paid.
Old 25th February 2012, 20:03   #53
BANNED

Re: Loan not approved by AXIS bank

Need help - how to get car loan approve without co-applicant ? really having problem to get finance.

Last edited by unknown : 25th February 2012 at 20:16.
Old 25th February 2012, 23:02   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Thats because dealers and DSA don't quote "Operating Interest rate". Banks give some discount over actual rate and that discount reduces principal that has to be paid.
You seem to have got confused.

Dealers / DSA's have no hold over the Rates or the Processing Fee, They are just puppets at the hands of the so called Bank.

Trust me, DSA's / Dealers's sometimes work real hard to get you the Best rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Need help - how to get car loan approve without co-applicant ? really having problem to get finance.
Car-Loan with a Co-applicant Which Bank is asking that....???

Car loans are Secured loans, So a Co-applicant coming into picture is a rarity, only unless if the applicant's Financial Stability is Low, then the question of co-applicant arises.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 23:17   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Car-Loan with a Co-applicant Which Bank is asking that....???

Car loans are Secured loans, So a Co-applicant coming into picture is a rarity, only unless if the applicant's Financial Stability is Low, then the question of co-applicant arises.
Yes, ICICI/HDFC.
Reason they're giving is under age, 25 years isn't enough for self employed also it's my first car loan.
Old 25th February 2012, 23:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One way is to reduce the loan amount. You could pledge some gold for the rest of the amount. Besides, I think gold loan would work out to be cheaper than vehicle loan.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 23:24   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
One way is to reduce the loan amount. You could pledge some gold for the rest of the amount. Besides, I think gold loan would work out to be cheaper than vehicle loan.
I'll check what they say if i reduced the loan amount, don't have other option though.
Thanks mate !
Old 25th February 2012, 23:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Trust me, DSA's / Dealers's sometimes work real hard to get you the Best rate.
Dealers (and associated DSAs) they do not disclose the commission that bank is going to provide. This commission is a cost that is ultimately passed on to customer in terms of rates.

If the same customer approaches banks directly, he/she can cut a better deal.

Ultimately, they do provide a service I.e. single point of contact for car financing and car purchase. However, they do not disclose actual additional cost of this service.

This is just like RTO registration done by dealers. Customer gets convenience, but i charged 5 - 20k extra on top of actual RTO charges (even after accounting for 1k of "bribes").

Quote:
Pls check your CIBIL score. Because of that score or some other criteria (like your employer or your address) bank does not want to take full risk.

Can you provide additional security? Like FDs that you might have to some NSC or any other long savings with a govt institution.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 25th February 2012 at 23:31.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 23:38   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Pls check your CIBIL score. Because of that score or some other criteria (like your employer or your address) bank does not want to take full risk.

Can you provide additional security? Like FDs that you might have to some NSC or any other long savings with a govt institution.
Cibil score should be default cibil score i guess (maybe blank) as I have never taken any loan before, it's first time i've applied & it didn't approve.
I can't as I don't have any.

Last edited by unknown : 25th February 2012 at 23:40.
Old 26th February 2012, 00:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Your Credit card(s) also contribute to credit score. And since last few months, even payments for Internet/Telephone.

So, do check CIBIL score. Based on good repayment record and good score bank might reconsider.

Next couple of days is a good time to talk to bank since most sales departments would have a monthly quota to meet.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed