Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 18:37   #1
srh
BHPian

Criteria for making an insurance claim?

My parked car (Indica Xeta GLS - Jul 06 purchase) got damaged with a medium sized dent on the front left door. The rubbing strip also got detached and stolen. I have comprehensive insurance, but has a Rs. 500 compulsary deductible, 50% depriciation on rubber/plastics and depriciation as applicable.

I wanted to know if making a claim is advisable. I have 2 considerations. If I make a claim, I pay a Rs. 500 deductible and other expenses due to depriciation. I would also miss the no-claim bonus for subsequent years. If I do not make the claim and repair it myself, I will have to pay the entire cost. What is the break even point between these two. What minimum amount of insurance claim should one have to make it worthwhile? Anyone can please advise?

Please send me a PM

Last edited by srh : 16th February 2008 at 18:43.
Old 15th October 2011, 00:17   #2
BHPian

Insurance claim process?

Someone scrapped my car yesterday in the parking lot. There are dents in the driver side doors. I want to know how to claim insurance for this. Someone told me I can go for self-claim or something and will not need to file an FIR. Is that correct, do we need FIR for making claims.
What should I take it forward?
Old 15th October 2011, 02:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Self claim should work. Just say you scraped the car while parking. No need for FIR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks