Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:35   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Now I got delivery of the car on 23rd march'12 ; so I was under the impression that my insurance will expire on 22nd midnight. But when I checked it today, it had already expired on 19th midnight!
Now according to Future Generali people and others with whom I spoke, I cannot renew the insurance online and will have to visit a branch where car inspection will be done.
The twist is - I have a dent on one of the doors which I could not get repaired due to busy schedule and now my insurance has lapsed. And since this requires an inspection before the new insurance, it'll come to their notice and I'm guessing they won't pay for it.
Partly you are to be blamed for overlooking the Insurance expiry date, Insurance is always taken before the car is registered. Suggest you to swallow the bitter pill and take the car to the FG office for inspection. The dent is not going to make any huge dent in the Insurance premium, so relax. Most Insurers ask the vehicle inspection as a formality. So try some sweet talking to the FG people and you might be issued an insurance without any penalty. I am sure you will mark the Insurance renewal date in your calendar with a big alarm.
You can think about repairing the dent after the Insurance policy is issued.
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:48   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Partly you are to be blamed for overlooking the Insurance expiry date, Insurance is always taken before the car is registered. Suggest you to swallow the bitter pill and take the car to the FG office for inspection. The dent is not going to make any huge dent in the Insurance premium, so relax. Most Insurers ask the vehicle inspection as a formality. So try some sweet talking to the FG people and you might be issued an insurance without any penalty. I am sure you will mark the Insurance renewal date in your calendar with a big alarm.
You can think about repairing the dent after the Insurance policy is issued.
Thanks for the advice, man. And yes, I am certainly to be blamed for the carelessness. But I thought FG guys would call/send a reminder when due date gets near.
Anyway, would go to FG office and try to get a good deal.
Old 22nd March 2013, 15:09   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
One year old Fiat Punto.

My insurance was from Future Generali which was done directly by the dealer.

Now I got delivery of the car on 23rd march'12 ; so I was under the impression that my insurance will expire on 22nd midnight. But when I checked it today, it had already expired on 19th midnight!

Now according to Future Generali people and others with whom I spoke, I cannot renew the insurance online and will have to visit a branch where car inspection will be done.

The twist is - I have a dent on one of the doors which I could not get repaired due to busy schedule and now my insurance has lapsed. And since this requires an inspection before the new insurance, it'll come to their notice and I'm guessing they won't pay for it.

What should be the best way to get out of this? Please help, guys!
Since the insurance has lapsed, a fresh inspection would be carried out for your vehicle. Insurance companies generally send the surveyor to your place. The dent doesn't cause any penalty or higher premium. The policy would be issued just as it would have been earlier the only difference - you can't take claim for the exact dent.

In case in future you get a new dent on the same piece, then you can take a claim but around 25% extra has to be paid by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
Presently I have my car insured with ICICI Lombard. The renewal is due in another 3 weeks. ICICI have given me a quote of about 13.5 k with an option of 2.5 % discount if paid online. that comes to about 12.8k. However, when i checked the online portal for ICICI and gave the option as new policy, I could get a quote for less than 10k (after giving same details), that too for a higher IDV.

Would there be any complications if I go for the new policy from same provider. While filling up the online form, I was asked if my present insurance provider is ICICI and I filled in negative. will this cause any issues at later stage?
I suppose the system won't accept it.Even if it does, icici may reject it later. Why don't you find some agent, they may offer you a better quote.
This is strange that you are getting a lower quote for a higher idv if new. Are your sure both the policies are same , one may be zero depreciation while the other may not.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd March 2013 at 15:17. Reason: merging posts
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:35   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

On my 8 year old Baleno, done above 80K Kms, the Insurance is going to expire in April and i need to get it renewed.

Got an email from Bajaj Allianz to renew it before April 01 as third party insurance cover is going to be increased? Is that true?

Or would folks suggest after ~8 years its best to take third party cover only?
Old 25th March 2013, 12:43   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
One year old Fiat Punto.

My insurance was from Future Generali which was done directly by the dealer.

What should be the best way to get out of this? Please help, guys!
As far as I checked there is a 90 day window after the policy lapses. Only after that will you need to get the inspection etc done. Further your NCB if any should be valid
Old 25th March 2013, 22:14   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
As far as I checked there is a 90 day window after the policy lapses. Only after that will you need to get the inspection etc done. Further your NCB if any should be valid
I talked to FG people and they said you need to get the inspection done even if you are late by a single day. The NCB, however, is valid for a period of 45 days or so.
Old 26th March 2013, 06:57   #2482
BHPian

Quote:

I talked to FG people and they said you need to get the inspection done even if you are late by a single day. The NCB, however, is valid for a period of 45 days or so.
Oh. In that case try checking online. I am trying to renew a lapsed policy but it is more than 90 days. That is why I was mentioning the 90 day period
Old 26th March 2013, 16:10   #2483
BHPian

My Hyundai i10 insurance is due for renewal in April. Existing insurance is HDFC taken through dealer. I am getting better quotes from Bharti for the same IDV, but Hyundai dealer is telling me that if I don't purchase through them, they will not provide cashless benefit. Can they really do so?

Last edited by sbiswas : 26th March 2013 at 16:14.
Old 26th March 2013, 16:14   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
My Hyundai i10 insurance is due for renewal in April. Existing insurance is HDFC Life taken through dealer. I am getting better quotes from Bharti for the same IDV, but Hyundai dealer is telling me that if I don't purchase through them, they will not provide cashless benefit. Can they really do so?
No they are just fooling you to earn quick bucks
Each service center has some list of insurers for cash less so please check with them. Infact you can check with other Hyundai service centers for such list.
Old 27th March 2013, 12:28   #2485
BHPian

Hi, a quick querry, if you buy a new car while keeping your old car can we get some discount on the new car insurance or do you have to pay full new car insurance? Basically looking to reduce the new car insurance as you are an existing premium payer with no claims made ever.

TIA
Kartik
Old 27th March 2013, 15:39   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Hi, a quick querry, if you buy a new car while keeping your old car can we get some discount on the new car insurance or do you have to pay full new car insurance? Basically looking to reduce the new car insurance as you are an existing premium payer with no claims made ever.

TIA
Kartik
Please see this link, this answers your query
Old 27th March 2013, 16:41   #2487
BHPian

People i have a query. I claimed a body repair insurance claim during sept 2012. I renewed the insurance for this year during Jan 2013 with 0% NCB due to claim. Now i have sold of my car a week back. Is there any possibility for me to get the NCB claim when the insurance is renewed the next time and offcourse by the transferee.I personally see no chances for the same but one of my friend was pretty sure that the NCB of 20% is attributable to me.

People your ideas please?
Old 27th March 2013, 17:56   #2488
BHPian

Somebody banged my fiesta in the rear, i can only guess where it could have happened. I was on the way from Ramanathapuram to Chennai via Madurai. I had stopped for breakfast @ Ramanathapuram ( i had parked the car on the other side of the road some distance away from the hotel) and noticed the damage only when i stopped at Madurai at my inlaws place, so didn't file a complaint . The boot and rear bumper are damaged, the boot it not locking properly. I need to force it as the floor has rises a bit due to the impact. I have a zero depreciation policy from Bajai Allianz. If the need raises to replace the boot and the bumper, will everything including painting be covered under insurance?? This is the first time i am making an insurance claim.

OT: I showed the damage to a FNG and he said that when the boot and bumper are replaced, they will not be of the same quality (especially, finishing on the inner edges in case of boot). Is this true??

Last edited by RajeswaranK7 : 27th March 2013 at 18:00. Reason: added one more question
Old 28th March 2013, 15:32   #2489
F50
Senior - BHPian

The new TP rates released by IRDA

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-order-motor-tp-liability-only-cover-201314-dragged.jpg
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 18:08   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
The new TP rates released by IRDA

Attachment 1066869
Wow .... gouge the people who own cars with engine more than 1500 cc :( Whats the logic of having TP based on engine CC ? Shouldnt it be just the nature of use ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks