Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 16:49   #16
BHPian

Yes i picked it up from the Mg road branch, cheques do take 45 days to reach us not only icici for any bank for that matter. i am sorry to say this but your preparation for this process is too late. closing the loans and getting NOC's and security cheques never happen in a span of 10 to 15 days time any MNC bank for that matter.

The only thing we can do is avoid taking car loans from mnc banks if we are not ready to wait for 45 days.

Last edited by praJEEP : 14th March 2008 at 16:54.
Old 14th March 2008, 19:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you can collect NOC from a branch then put a stop payment on cheques just to be sure that they are not misused even if they are sent to current address.
Old 14th March 2008, 20:17   #18
BHPian

i am not sure about the security cheques, but u can definitely put more pressure on ICICI bank.
Go to the main branch adjacent to MG road, next to Bangalore central and request for a NOC.
I got mine like that itself
I was not ready to wait for them to send it by courier, hence went personally to the bank. However this whole process did take me about 10 days or so.
I used to call up the bank regularily though
Old 15th March 2008, 16:16   #19
BHPian

In this day and age, pvt banks which harp about offering next gen banking take so many days to issue an NOC!!! I'm sure with the kind of connectivity any ICICI Br Manager should be authorized to sign the NOC and give it to the customer. Maybe it is time people asked for more credibility from these banks. They are prompt when it comes to opening accounts, offering loans etc, but anything to do with you leaving the bank then everything looks like a Govt. office...Sad!
Old 15th March 2008, 22:10   #20
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
but anything to do with you leaving the bank then everything looks like a Govt. office...Sad!
sorry, govt office does not try to hold any one.govt philosophy is any one can do any thing.this new gen banks are actually erstwhile money lenders who made loanees bonded labourers. ICICI is on the top of the list displcing CITI...

if it is possible stay away from ICICI
Old 5th February 2009, 15:18   #21
Team-BHP Support

Guys, the loan for my Ikon finished in October last year. The bank has given me the NoC.

Now what ? Its a Delhi registered (DL 1C) car. What are the formalities ?
Old 5th February 2009, 15:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, the loan for my Ikon finished in October last year. The bank has given me the NoC.

Go to your RTO and get the HP cancelled. Mail/Fax a copy of the RC book to your insurance company to get the HP cancellation reflected in your insurance.
Old 5th February 2009, 15:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Take another loan

Just get RC cleared, I guess it will be mentioned somewhere like HP by.
Old 5th February 2009, 15:44   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Go to your RTO and get the HP cancelled. Mail/Fax a copy of the RC book to your insurance company to get the HP cancellation reflected in your insurance.
Thanks for help. Noob question: Can I go to any RTO office or the one where the car was registered ?
Old 5th February 2009, 15:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for help. Noob question: Can I go to any RTO office or the one where the car was registered ?
AFAIK This can be done only at the RTO where the car was registered.
Old 29th August 2009, 22:19   #26
BHPian

HP removal and Address change

I need information on the HP removal and change of address in the RC book . I wanted to know if we need to go to the same RTO office where the vehicle got registered to change the address and get the Hp removed or do we have a possibility to go to the nearest RTO office .

Please help .

Thanks
Old 29th August 2009, 22:32   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
I need information on the HP removal and change of address in the RC book . I wanted to know if we need to go to the same RTO office where the vehicle got registered to change the address and get the Hp removed or do we have a possibility to go to the nearest RTO office .
Not sure how it works in bangalore, but in Delhi removal of hypothecation (HP) or change of address happens only at the RTO where the vehicle and the HP are registered. Despite a change of address (within Delhi), the vehicle continues to remain registered with the same RTO as it was originally.

Hope this helps.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:15   #28
BHPian

Guys ,

One more doubt i haven't taken the NOC from the ICICI ,my 2 wheeler loan got over some 2 years back .. Can i go and get the NOC from ICICI[MG road] now as i haven't recieved the same from them [i have changed the address].

Since i wasn't planning to sell my vehicle i got little lazy to collect the same.
Old 1st October 2009, 13:35   #29
Team-BHP Support

Guys, i plan on approaching the RTO this coming Saturday to get the hypothecation on my car removed. What are the documents i need to carry for the same?

Does the person in whose name the car is registered have to be present?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : I found quite some info from csenthil's post earlier on another thread.
Link

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st October 2009 at 13:45. Reason: Found more info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks