Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 17:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Heard of Reliance insurance's 30% discount + vacuum cleaner (car) on premium?

Guys, here comes the time for me to renew my car insurance. I am currently with Bajaj Allianz with no claim so far. I paid 23052 upon buying the car. Now I had been contacted to pay premium of 20800 for the second year renewal (after 20% NCB). But out of nowhere, this lady calls up from Bajaj Capital and offered me a reliance insurance with 30% discount, plus a free vacuum cleaner for car. So the effective amount comes to around 16000 bucks.. this amount she said is valid only if I pay them by 10th May 2008, which is 60 days early before my insurance with bajaj allianz expires.... first she insisted that bajaj allianz is not cashless, and then, when I corrected her, she mentioned, this year, the service of bajaj Allianz has deteriorated and hence offering me the reliance insurance, which is cashless with any maruti workshops.. and blah blah..

Guys I only wanted to know, if there is any hidden or unlawful practice that this agent will throw at me, by enticing me with their offer? And how is Reliance insurance, compared to Bajaj Allianz? if they are bunch of crooks, then, I better stay with Bajaj Allianz? Your views will be greatly appreciated...
Old 9th May 2008, 21:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

If it is anything to do with Reliance I will only accept things in writing. Demand for and see the contract before agreeing to pay the premium. Read the same fully (Entire small print) and then take a call.
Old 10th May 2008, 14:53   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The commission that insurance agents make are verrrrry lucrative, though that 30% figure does sound a bit over the top. However, and in all probability, she will ask you to pay the entire premium (sans discount) and then issue you a cheque for the difference amount. I know because I have been through this....my accountant is a pretty hard bargainer on deals.

If she is ready to put her words on paper, go for it! Some things in life may seem too good to be true, but they can be real.
Old 10th May 2008, 15:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

My Indica was insured with with Reliance General Insurance from day 1 Was pretty hassle free. Made one cashless claim. Had to pay up only the difference. The majority part was paid by reliance directly to the workshop.
I also saw the work order of my car later. Saw a lot of places where the workshop quote a price, but the insurer has negotiated a lower price and got the claim through for a couple of 1000's less. Dont know if this is natural.
But my one-time experience has been good.
Old 29th May 2008, 20:56   #5
BHPian

Yes, the 30% discount does exist. I got it from Bajaj Allianz who are my new insurers this year. Last year, it was Reliance, and the experience has been thoroughly unprofessional to say the least. Silly printing mistakes abound in the policy certificate they issue and one has to go back to them again and again to get the same corrected. And, the turnaround time is, like, 2 weeks!!!

And, by the way, the vacuum cleaner that is on offer is no more than worth Rs. 600/-. A plastic crap. Be careful!
Old 30th May 2008, 11:55   #6
BHPian

People pls check IDV in teh insurace. My Santro renewal for 5th year has around 5K from Royal Sundaram with IDV 180,000 but Reliance, Bajaj and ICICI quoted 3500 rs and I was like WOW only to realise that IDV with them was 140,000 which is pure cheating. Raise the IDV with them and the amount becomes same. But I went with ICICI bcos of their online service which I was impressed for my two wheeler.

Pls check whats the IDV before you decide. Just my 2 cnets

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks