Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 10:52   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Online car insurance portals in India

Has anyone tried these online insurance portals?

Links below:

1. Compare & BuyNow Indian Health, Mediclaim, Car, Travel, Life Insurance – InsuranceMall.in.

2. Click2insure

3. Compare & buy Travel Insurance, Overseas Medical, health Insurance, Car Insurance , Visitor Insurance, Life, Fire in India.

Original Economic Times article:
Quickie - The Economic Times

I am currently researching re-insuring my Aveo and will post my comparison later.

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th June 2008 at 10:53. Reason: Typo
Old 30th June 2008, 11:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I renewed on-line with ICICI Lombard last year, and will do the same this year too.

The agent who I was with bungled the renewal so well that I was without coverage for 10 days. Luckily, the vehicle was not being used during that time.
Old 30th June 2008, 12:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

Went to click2insure. The premiums were expensive and the assessed value was low. ICICI lombard gave me 10000 less and a higher assessed value. Their service was good when I had my accident so it was a no brainer
Old 30th June 2008, 12:48   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Doing an on-line renewal is a renewal directly with the isurance company. May be with the state-owned insurance companies, it may be a question of " which agent ? ", since they may not have on-line renewal.

Agent / On-line renewal is only a method of renewal. If & when you want to claim, the process & response will not be dependent on the method of renewal.

So, for most part, with companies like ICICI Lombard / Tata-AIG etc, it should not matter if you go through an agent or on-line for the renewal. Suggest you choose your insurance provider, and then decide on method of renewal.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:03   #5

Re: Online car insurance portals in India

I have recently used Royal Sundaram for a new car Insurance online and got almost 50% savings on a bumper to bumper insurance cover with a host of add on benefits like depreciation cover, windshield glass cover, electronic accessories cover, lost baggage cover etc
Old 14th March 2011, 19:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Most of the private Car Insurers offer online purchase/renewal and do offer much better deals than other portals where you can compare for analysis purposes only. My renewal with Royal Sundaram was very smooth, absolutely no hassles at all.

I think only the PSU insurers do not provide online purchase, still have to rely on the agents.
Old 11th March 2013, 16:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Finally New India Assurance joins the bandwagon of online Insurance providers for Motor insurance which till now was in the hands of the agents/local offices. Pls check the website
https://online.newindia.co.in/

Although the portal sucks coz it does not have any 2 wheeler/4wheeler manufacturer models in their data base but nevertheless it is atleast a beginning to keep up the pace with private insurance companies. Funnily they have displayed as being rated A - dont know what that means.

There was also some news about 5% discount being offered on the motor insurance policies from New India Assurance, news link as below.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/18823122.cms

Can anyone who has currently New India issue motor insurance policy receive any notifications in this regards? Anyone availed the 5% discount?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Press_Release_dated_050313_Potal_Launch.pdf (1.33 MB, 399 views)

Last edited by ghodlur : 11th March 2013 at 16:38. Reason: Added the attachment reg the press release of portal launch
Old 24th January 2014, 15:35   #8
BHPian

Buying Third Party Car Insurance Online

Hi,

Is there any Car Insurance Company which offers a Third Party Car Insurance online ?

Please do not try to tell me that I should only buy a comprehensive insurance, I know the pros and cons of a comprehensive and a third party insurance.

Also I already know that it is possible to buy Third Party Insurance only for cars older than 5 years.

Styler
Old 24th January 2014, 16:45   #9
BHPian

Re: Buying Third Party Car Insurance Online

try New India or oriental insurance . They issue Third party insurance online (I think it is called Liability Only insurance)
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 17:42   #10
BHPian

Bajaj Allianz also does Third Party policies online. Go to BajajAllianz.com --> Motor Insurance and select "Liability Only Policy".
Old 10th February 2014, 02:13   #11
BHPian

I recently availed the services of policybazaar.com

Hassle free experience and got instant quotes from multiple insurance providers with comparison and premium breakup. Competitive pricing as well. Once you input vehicle details, their executives call and guide through the online process. Quick and convenient.

Good service, received instant policy copy (bought HDFC Ergo).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks