Team-BHP - Are natural calamities taken care of by insurance ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Are natural calamities taken care of by insurance ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/44859-natural-calamities-taken-care-insurance.html)

Mods: Kindly merge with the appropriate thread as I was searching for "Thunderbolt" strikes on vehicles

Yesterday, It was raining very heavily in Bangalore, and suddenly in the middle of the night, I heard a very heavy thunderbolt - lightning stike. I was scared like hell when I heard it.

Then I was thinking about my "Silver Star" who was all alone in the rain by herself and was wondering if the lightning stikes my car and if anything happens to it, Does Insurance take care of it ?

Is there any method we can direct the lightning strike away from cars , like we have these long steel poles on house tops to capture the strikes on houses ?

Your thoughts are highly appreciated

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 956718)
Mods: Then I was thinking about my "Silver Star" who was all alone in the rain by herself and was wondering if the lightning stikes my car and if anything happens to it, Does Insurance take care of it ?

Yes Insurance cover that if you have taken it, Generally in areas where chances off Natural disasters are rare insurance agent just remove that from your insurance and try to reduce your insurance premium amount lesser. Go and read the complete insurance manual which you got with your vehicle. It tells you the story.

Hi,
We have open parking in our building compound and yesterday a misfortune happened.
2 coconut (yes coconut) from the tree fell on my Alto making a big big dent on bonnet and also front windshield is broken.
I went to MASS and got a total estimate of 17k:Shockked:
and that include glass replacement and Bonnet repair or replacement.
I have an NCB of around 1200 Rs. So I am claiming insurance. Now is my case covered under insurance?
Also is there any other reliable garage near borivali, mumbai area where i can get the things done ?

cars are safe from lightnings
YouTube - Car struck by lightning

^good video that. Looks just out of a sci-fi movie :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam003 (Post 956805)
Yes Insurance cover that if you have taken it, Generally in areas where chances off Natural disasters are rare insurance agent just remove that from your insurance and try to reduce your insurance premium amount lesser. Go and read the complete insurance manual which you got with your vehicle. It tells you the story.

Sirji WHAT?

How can some agent remove something which has no premium calculation for the car? I have never heard this before!!!

Do you have had any past experience as such?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 956718)
Mods: Kindly merge with the appropriate thread as I was searching for "Thunderbolt" strikes on vehicles

Yesterday, It was raining very heavily in Bangalore, and suddenly in the middle of the night, I heard a very heavy thunderbolt - lightning stike. I was scared like hell when I heard it.

Then I was thinking about my "Silver Star" who was all alone in the rain by herself and was wondering if the lightning stikes my car and if anything happens to it, Does Insurance take care of it ?

Is there any method we can direct the lightning strike away from cars , like we have these long steel poles on house tops to capture the strikes on houses ?

Your thoughts are highly appreciated

There are only 2 types of insurance in the market as off today... One is TP and other is comprehensive if you have the comprehensive insurance all the natural calamity has to be paid by insurance.

Depends on your insurance. Some include 'Act of God', while others charge extra. Also, some may offer a discount if you delete this clause.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1336831)
Depends on your insurance. Some include 'Act of God', while others charge extra. Also, some may offer a discount if you delete this clause.

Do you have something in writing for this one???

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 1336836)
Do you have something in writing for this one???

Just look at your policy and / or talk to your agent. I always make it a point and check that 'Act of God' is covered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1336875)
Just look at your policy and / or talk to your agent. I always make it a point and check that 'Act of God' is covered.

Act of God is there in fire insurance policy but I could not see this in the Motor car policy sirji...