Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 16:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, it's good to know that good discounts on renewals are being given by some private companies. But how fast are they at settling claims?
This apart, claims are more hassle-free if one takes insurance through the dealer. Most dealers don't have Royal Sundaram on their list in Hyd for Ford and Maruti cars.
My opinion will differ a bit hear. It is better if you insure the car with agents rather then dealers. because they can help you more in case if you want to do the change of address or if you need a NCB certificate etc. It is important that the agent whom you are working with should be intelligent. who has a good contact in the insurance company.

Before renewal one thing more you can do is check with your dealer and ask him which company insurance he will give you cashless go for that company insurance but agent is must.

I personally will not prefer the dealer insurance because
1 Dealer don't have much contact in the insurance company. (other then claims)
2 I don't have any personal relation with dealer
3 He is not questionable even if he doesn't send me renewal notice or reminder.
4 He will never be like a professional insurance agent.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
My opinion will differ a bit hear. It is better if you insure the car with agents rather then dealers. because they can help you more in case if you want to do the change of address or if you need a NCB certificate etc. It is important that the agent whom you are working with should be intelligent. who has a good contact in the insurance company.

Before renewal one thing more you can do is check with your dealer and ask him which company insurance he will give you cashless go for that company insurance but agent is must.

I personally will not prefer the dealer insurance because
1 Dealer don't have much contact in the insurance company. (other then claims)
2 I don't have any personal relation with dealer
3 He is not questionable even if he doesn't send me renewal notice or reminder.
4 He will never be like a professional insurance agent.
You may be right about getting help from the agent for change of address and NCB. But my experience of taking ICICI Lombard from the Ford dealer proved to be good so far. On two occasions, I had to claim and both were cashless. I never had to visit the service centre when the surveyor went there.
I've always got renewal reminders from Ford as well as from Maruti for both my cars.
There was another thread about some poor bloke whose Honda Civic got water-logged and the trauma he had to go through. He too recommended taking insurance from the dealer to avoid the trauma he'd suffered.
Old 11th November 2008, 17:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You may be right about getting help from the agent for change of address and NCB. But my experience of taking ICICI Lombard from the Ford dealer proved to be good so far. On two occasions, I had to claim and both were cashless. I never had to visit the service centre when the surveyor went there.
I've always got renewal reminders from Ford as well as from Maruti for both my cars.
There was another thread about some poor bloke whose Honda Civic got water-logged and the trauma he had to go through. He too recommended taking insurance from the dealer to avoid the trauma he'd suffered.
hmmm... It is good that you are getting a good service. I am not against the dealer insurance at all, but what i am saying is 'it is better for you' that's it.

Your experience and my experience can differ. That's OK
Old 12th November 2008, 13:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Psu

Please insure with PSU insurers.that way you can be sure that they will be around tomorrow!!!!
long live Public Sector
Old 12th November 2008, 17:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Please insure with PSU insurers.that way you can be sure that they will be around tomorrow!!!!
long live Public Sector
this statement is....

But still to answer your request (As your statement starts with "Please") This is the condition of the PSU, people have to make a request to insure the property with them.

Just to give you a figure of August 2008.

Total general insurance premium growth (Compare to last year) is at 12.45% and private company growth is at 20.05% and PSU growth 7.53%.
Old 14th November 2008, 20:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My 2 bits:

1. Ensure that the agent is an authorised one. Ask for proof.
2. Calculate the premium yourself using any of the premia calculators on the Net.
3. Get everything in writing before handing over the cheque.
4. Check that none of the usual covers have been excluded.
5. Make sure they are maintaining an acceptable IDV. Some insurers lower the IDV and claim that there quote is much cheaper etc.
hit the nail right on the head friend,
this has happened to a friend of mine.
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:31   #37
BHPian

An update:

Got my 3rd year Insurance Renewal from Bajaj Allianz. Got it transferred from Royal Sundaram.

35% discount on the Premium - Paid 6900/- (Double checked with Premium Calculators on the net). Also got a 2N/3D voucher from Travelport valid till Feb 2009. The hotels seem pretty ok for a weekend stay.

Thanks a ton Rupesh for all the advice!
Old 3rd December 2008, 08:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
An update:

Got my 3rd year Insurance Renewal from Bajaj Allianz. Got it transferred from Royal Sundaram.

35% discount on the Premium - Paid 6900/- (Double checked with Premium Calculators on the net). Also got a 2N/3D voucher from Travelport valid till Feb 2009. The hotels seem pretty ok for a weekend stay.

Thanks a ton Rupesh for all the advice!
Hi friend,

Please use this voucher and let me know (for my knowledge) because I have never believed in this voucher. How can company offer such a big discount on such a small premium.

cheers.
Old 18th December 2008, 00:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
I recently renewed my NHC insurance with Royal Sundaram and i got about 30% discount in addition to the 20% NCB. In fact, when RS sent the renewal notice, they gave a little discount %, but then i was also approached by another direct sales agent guy for RS and he got me additional discounts and i saved about rs.1500 through this sales guy.

The offering on headlights/tailights are quite nice and worth considering as well. Also, i have availing RS for many years now and its' been hassle free so far, touch wood.

Where did you get this calculator?
Old 18th December 2008, 08:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Where did you get this calculator?
There are lot of website gives you quotation for free. Insurance companies website also has this calculation available for free.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 18th December 2008 at 08:35.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yup, I've seen those calculators. This looked to be one from Royal Sundaram and I couldn't find it in their site.
Old 18th December 2008, 16:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Yup, I've seen those calculators. This looked to be one from Royal Sundaram and I couldn't find it in their site.
Have a look at this site Insurance India,Online Insurance,Insurance In India,Online Insurance India

Remember don't finalize with them. I think they are charging high but still you will get the tentative idea of them.
Old 25th January 2019, 12:32   #43
BHPian

Re: Royal Sundaram giving 40% discount on insurance

Reviving the old thread.

My new i20 Asta's (bought last April) insurance is due for renewal in April and I got a call from RS three days back promising me to give a discount of ~6000 on 19k+ premium. 'was asked to provide RC copy, insurance copy and post dated cheque by this weekend.

Today I told that I will meet them in Hyundai showroom to which I was told that the showroom will demand agent charges and hence they are providing discount and they want to collect documents from my residence.

After going through the thread I asked about the IDV and was told it will be 10% less and if required they can make it 5% and might come around 6.5 lakhs (paid OR 8.65 lakhs for the car).

Do I smell something wrong here?
Old 25th January 2019, 12:47   #44
BHPian

I renewed my insurance with Royal Sundaram directly. Their initial quote was very high. Then they gave me almost 70% discount on some charge. Net discount on insurance came down by 50%. Idv was reduced by 10%.
Old 25th January 2019, 13:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Sundaram giving 40% discount on insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Do I smell something wrong here?
Was the first year's insurance from Royal Sundaram? If not, then they are offering discount to get new business. A 10% reduction in IDV is ideal. Don't reduce anything less than that, it would be like over insuring the car.

Just ensure that 6.5L is 10% less than the ex showroom cost and not the On the road cost of the car.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks