Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:21   #16
BHPian

NCB for third party

Is there a privision to claim NCB on third party insurance?

I have been paying the same amount every year for my 10 year old vehicle while renewing with New India Assurance!
Old 4th June 2009, 15:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
Is there a privision to claim NCB on third party insurance?

I have been paying the same amount every year for my 10 year old vehicle while renewing with New India Assurance!
NCB is given only on OD premium and not on TP premium.
Old 4th June 2009, 23:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have a 11 year old tatamobile that has a comprehensive insuarance with the New India Ins Co. valid till end oct 2009 and a 4 year Indigo marina comprehensive ins with Bajaj alianz valid till june 16th. The Tatamobile has a NCB while the indigo has just been transferd to my name so no NCB yet. Can I convert my Tatamobile policy to only Third Party and use the NCB of this to get a new policy for my indigo with New India Assuarance Co.?
Thanks in Advance
Nigel
Old 5th June 2009, 11:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
I have a 11 year old tatamobile that has a comprehensive insuarance with the New India Ins Co. valid till end oct 2009 and a 4 year Indigo marina comprehensive ins with Bajaj alianz valid till june 16th. The Tatamobile has a NCB while the indigo has just been transferd to my name so no NCB yet. Can I convert my Tatamobile policy to only Third Party and use the NCB of this to get a new policy for my indigo with New India Assuarance Co.?
Thanks in Advance
Nigel
Change your policy type in Tata car to only TP policy and claim the NCB certificate form New India and then you can use the same to any where you need with any car.
Old 6th June 2009, 11:50   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
The Tatamobile has a NCB while the indigo has just been transferd to my name so no NCB yet. Can I convert my Tatamobile policy to only Third Party and use the NCB of this to get a new policy for my indigo with New India Assuarance Co.?
Thanks in Advance
Nigel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Change your policy type in Tata car to only TP policy and claim the NCB certificate form New India and then you can use the same to any where you need with any car.
Rjvora, It is commonly understood that you need to sell a car to be able to transfer NCB benefits. Are you sure that a downgrade to third party allows you to transfer the NCB to another car? Can you confirm this?
Old 8th June 2009, 09:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Rjvora, It is commonly understood that you need to sell a car to be able to transfer NCB benefits. Are you sure that a downgrade to third party allows you to transfer the NCB to another car? Can you confirm this?
Sirji once you shift your insurance policy from comprehensive to TP then you can ask your insurance company to issue you a NCB certificate and then you can use it with any of your other car insurance policy. Otherwise no one will degrade their insurance policy Right?
Old 29th January 2011, 15:49   #22
BHPian

Re: Insurance for Older Vehicles - 10 yrs old or so

I have a 14 year old scooter - Bajaj Chetak. It had been mothballed for last 3-4 years, but few days ago I resurrected it back to life. it is now road capable and in a very drivable condition. I got it PUC'ed as well. Everything is within legal limits.

I had last got it insured in 2005-2006 (Third Party) for Rs. 230 from United Insurance but it has been garaged since then. Now, after bringing it back to life, I wanted to get it insured again, so when I called Oriental Insurance (couldn't get through United Insurance's phone line or website), with an intention to renew the lapsed insurance, they flatly refused. When I asked reason for refusal of service, insurance agent started giving wild excuses such as "it is such a hassle to get TP approved for two wheelers older than year 2000". When I expressed my unhappiness at his response, he started quoting unreasonable rates such as Rs. 1200, more than 4x of what I paid 4-5 years ago.

Can a customer be refused service by an insurance agency without any sound reason? Does a customer have a right to get third party insurance for a road capable vehicle running within all legal norms, and within 15 years of registration expiry? Any agent recommendation from whom I can get it TP insured at a reasonable rate?
Old 31st January 2011, 23:22   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbhatia View Post
I have a 14 year old scooter - Bajaj Chetak. It had been mothballed for last 3-4 years, but few days ago I resurrected it back to life. it is now road capable and in a very drivable condition. I got it PUC'ed as well. Everything is within legal limits.

I had last got it insured in 2005-2006 (Third Party) for Rs. 230 from United Insurance but it has been garaged since then. Now, after bringing it back to life, I wanted to get it insured again, so when I called Oriental Insurance (couldn't get through United Insurance's phone line or website), with an intention to renew the lapsed insurance, they flatly refused. When I asked reason for refusal of service, insurance agent started giving wild excuses such as "it is such a hassle to get TP approved for two wheelers older than year 2000". When I expressed my unhappiness at his response, he started quoting unreasonable rates such as Rs. 1200, more than 4x of what I paid 4-5 years ago.

Can a customer be refused service by an insurance agency without any sound reason? Does a customer have a right to get third party insurance for a road capable vehicle running within all legal norms, and within 15 years of registration expiry? Any agent recommendation from whom I can get it TP insured at a reasonable rate?
If all the other legal formalities are fine, go and complain it to the Ombudsman.
Old 8th August 2011, 09:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

My 15 year old Zen's insurance has expired. I wish to go for third party insurance.
The current situation is as follows:
1. Purchased vehicle 1 year ago. TP insurance was taken/renewed by previous owner.
2. Insurance is still in old owners name
3. Now, I wish to renew the TP or get a fresh one from some other insurance company.

I know that National Insurance offers TP insurance. What I wish to know is which other options do I have besides National insurance?

Last edited by S_U_N : 8th August 2011 at 10:04.
Old 26th February 2012, 21:29   #25
BHPian

Reviving this thread...

I have a 9+ yr old Accord. Now, I had a comprehensive policy on this car (would expire next week). This car is parked on the road and when my rear windshield was broken last year, I used the policy for a cashless replacement at windshield experts.

Now, I am not sure whether to take 3rd party (works out to around 3.5K) or continue with comprehensive insurance (would work out to around 10.5k-12k). Taking a 3rd party helped me out definitely last year.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by d_himan : 26th February 2012 at 21:33.
Old 17th November 2012, 19:39   #26

Dear Ikoner_03,
Please post details of those companies in Bangalore - where I could get the insurance for older vehicles?

I have bought an old merc (a 1987 - 190 E petrol) to be restored and the insurance renewal is due soon. I would like to get the insurance in my name along with the name transfer on RC.

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2013, 10:59   #27
BHPian

I got my cars insurance done from Iffco Tokio.

Vinodac: I checked with Iffco regarding your vehicle and found that they only insure vehicles that are 11 years old, nothing more than that (max upto 2002 models). Also, they no longer give the insurance directly on the owners name if the ex owner's insurance has lapsed. With regards to your car, you can check with Tata AIG am sure there must be some work around.

Mods: It would be great if you can delete my previous post, don't want to misguide people with invalid information.
Old 29th January 2014, 10:14   #28
DWC
BHPian

Is it possible to apply for 3rd party insurance online through a company website? I've got a 13 year old santro that has just been transferred to my wife's name and was looking at avoiding the hassle of physically going to the insurer. Anybody got their insurance done online like this for a old vehicle?
Old 25th May 2014, 06:35   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Is it possible to apply for 3rd party insurance online through a company website? I've got a 13 year old santro that has just been transferred to my wife's name and was looking at avoiding the hassle of physically going to the insurer. Anybody got their insurance done online like this for a old vehicle?
Belated reply...

Online insurance renewal is only possible for cars which is upto 5 years old.

Hope you might have renewed it ? (But this info will be useful for others)
Old 25th May 2014, 10:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have purchased a 1984 Mahindra through an auction. It is going to be restored and put back on road. The last policy on the jeep was in 2005. The papers have been given to me. Now I understand that I should get it insured, TP preferably, but would it be possible? If not what are my options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks