Team-BHP - Car rammed by unknown vehicle - Insurance query!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Car rammed by unknown vehicle - Insurance query!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/48881-car-rammed-unknown-vehicle-insurance-query.html)

Hello all..

My friend's car was parked outside at night on the road side.

Morning comes and the car has been rammed - some negligent truck driver I guess.

No one has seen the incident. Repairs estimated close to 80K.

Will insurance cover this fully? Car is pretty new.. less than 2 yrs old.

Would like to go fully informed as to what is possible and not possible..

Thanks so much

Nimz

Insurance will cover it. May need an acknowledgment from the area police station though.

Make sure you have your story straight before the insurance surveyor comes. Also I hope the place is not a no parking zone.

Insurance coverage will depend on the type of parts replaced and age of the vehicle.
Labor charges are fully covered, metal parts will depreciate by around 10% maybe (not sure). Plastic parts will depreciate by around 50%.
Which car and which insurance company is this.

If only the body is damaged i think you can get almost 90% of the claimed amount and remaining your friend need to shell out from his pocket.

As Hemanth mentioned, for plastic and tyres, insurance will pay only 50% and rest from the pocket.

No need for an FIR with PS as no 3rd party is involved but, it is better to file a report as you never know.

Please file a complaint with the respective Police Station. FIR will not be required - you can ask them for a "GD" entry.

Your insurance company WILL insist on this (as a part of their process to cut down fraudulent claims).

Thanks Nimz for starting this thread...

This car belongs to me. Its Chevrolet AVEO UVA Jun 07.

I just got the estimate from Sundaram motors RajajiNagar. Its about 78K. :Shockked:

I have the Royal Sundaram Insurance. The Surveyor is yet to come to the workshop and check the vehicle.

Before I took it to the workshop yesterday, I did consult Royal Sundaram guys. They said that an FIR is not required, so I didnt get it done.

The backside of my car has gone in. Details such as photo and detailed estimate I'll post later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyDust (Post 1049964)
Thanks Nimz for starting this thread...

This car belongs to me. Its Chevrolet AVEO UVA Jun 07.

I just got the estimate from Sundaram motors RajajiNagar. Its about 78K. :Shockked:

I have the Royal Sundaram Insurance. The Surveyor is yet to come to the workshop and check the vehicle.

Before I took it to the workshop yesterday, I did consult Royal Sundaram guys. They said that an FIR is not required, so I didnt get it done.

The backside of my car has gone in. Details such as photo and detailed estimate I'll post later.

do post the photograph as early as you can.
Please give the breakup as well of your total Rs.78000/-
Once the surveyor has done the formality of survey ask the garage person to give the details of the expenses which he will not pay, half pay etc. post the details at the earliest.

What happen to your car? Where are you? Please update the trend.

what car do you have . First please register a complaint at the nearest police station . I had a similar incident with my palio 1.6 most of it was plastic so yes insurance gives 50% for plastics if its body , winshield they will give full.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetan (Post 1066515)
what car do you have . First please register a complaint at the nearest police station . I had a similar incident with my palio 1.6 most of it was plastic so yes insurance gives 50% for plastics if its body , winshield they will give full.

He had started this trend on 12th and since then there are no up-date to this trend. Till this time his work must be over, I think!!!

Police complaint is not compulsory to settle the insurance claim, since there is no Third Party involve in his case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100 (Post 1049927)
"GD" entry.

Sirji what is this? Can you please give the details. I have not heard this term.:) just for my knowledge!!

My Chevrolet U-VA was involved in an accident - hit a cyclist.
Cost of repairs was abnout 18000 Rs.
Royal Sundaram covered it and did not insist on an FIR - the surveyor is a pretty straightforward guy here at Trichy.
For insurance purpose, an FIR does not seem necessary based on my experience this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 1068431)
My Chevrolet U-VA was involved in an accident - hit a cyclist.
Cost of repairs was abnout 18000 Rs.
Royal Sundaram covered it and did not insist on an FIR - the surveyor is a pretty straightforward guy here at Trichy.
For insurance purpose, an FIR does not seem necessary based on my experience this time.

If there is no Third Party involved then, Fir is not an compulsory "Document". (It is just an document - nothing else.:Frustrati - In my opinion)

Moderator please close this trend since there on input from the person who has stated it on 12 November.:)