Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 16:40   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

My Cedia's insurance expires on 10 December.
Currently I am with Tata-AIG, but I am not too happy with their claim settlement - they took almost month to survey the car and settle everything.
I am planning to go with Bajaj Allianz or ICICI (all three are cash-less with the service center).

However, the IDV values are different in all cases and the premium varies with it.
Current IDV: 5.14 Lac
Premium: 14,800
Vendor: Tata AIG
Now for renewal,
ICICI IDV: 4.8 Lac, Premium: 16500
TataAIG IDV: 4.1 Lac Premium: 14061
Bajaj IDV: 4.8 Lac: Premium: 15500

I would prefer Bajaj over ICICI even without the price factor. However, TataAIG is the cheapest.
At the same time, the IDV of 4.8 L is not 10% less than the previous IDV of 5.14 L. Will this be OK from my perspective?
Should I reduce the IDV to 4.6 Lac and then calculate the premium. My car will be 5 year old in December.

Edit: With IDV of 4.62 L, Bajaj's premium dropped to 14900. After providing personal information the new premium is now 14100 with the following statement
"Additional discount for providing this personal info will be deducted from your own damage premium"

Last edited by S_U_N : 26th November 2011 at 16:45.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:49   #1757
BHPian

Excellent Thread for New Car Owners and Very Helpful.

I have understood that my car insurance policy should always include Unnamed Passengers PA cover if it's driven by anyone other than Owner. Thanks to this I noted unnamed PA is set to '5' for my i10 when it actually should be '4'. Hope I am correct.

My car insurance is due for 1st renewal Dec 3rd and I am continuing with National Insurance who provided my first year policy.

Quote for IDV of 450000/- is 9292.

(A) 2.43%of 450000 = 10935
(B) NCB 20% = 2187

Additional 20% on (A) - (B) = 20 % of 8748 = 1749

(C) Total Own Damage = 8748 - 1749 = 6999

(D) Basic Third Party = 800
(E) Unnamed PA = 500
(F) Compulsory PA = 100
(G) WC to employee 1 (??) = 25

Total = C +D + E + F + G = 8424

Total Premium = 8424 * 1.103 = 9292

1. Unnamed PA should it be 5 or 4 for i10 ?

2. I am not getting 2.5% off on Anti Theft Devices - Advisor mentions that this cover is only for vehicles which have Anti Theft Devices fitted aftermarket. Not applicable for Factory fitted security devices, which I don't agree with. Comments ?

3. National has tie-ups with only Advaith for cashless transactions. I like folks at Trident and they service my vehicle well. Comments ?
Old 30th November 2011, 14:07   #1758
BHPian

Finally got insurance done from TATA AIG - Pearl Plan Zero Dep
Total Premium - Rs. 18820/- (~2K discount on what they had quoted earlier)
Got additional coupons from Dhoot Hyundai Aurangabad for -
Service Charge discount coupon of Rs. 500.
1 Washing Free
1 Wheel Alignment Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateDrive View Post
My car is due for the first insurance renewal this month end. My current insurer is Oriental Insurance. I am not satisfied with this since it doesn't have wide service provider network and I faced problems last year.
This year I have got quote from following companies:
TATA AIG Pearl Plan - Rs. 20834/-
ICICI Zero Depreciation - Rs. 18074/-
New India Comprehensive Policy - Rs. 15743/-

TATA AIG is the costliest one. There is different of ~3K between TATA AIG and ICICI Lombard. IDV value and other add-ons are same. But ICICI reviews are not that great on this forum. New India being a nationalized company, should not have any hassles during claims. But it doesn't have Zero Depreciation option.
Need suggestions on this
Old 1st December 2011, 16:20   #1759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

Edit: With IDV of 4.62 L, Bajaj's premium dropped to 14900. After providing personal information the new premium is now 14100 with the following statement
"
Finally I went with Bajaj. The amount was Rs. 13293 which is fair compared to 14900 (approx.) from last year.
I manually lowered the IDV to be 10% less compared to previous IDV, though the system generated IDV was higher by Rs. 20000.

@sohail: What does the Hyundai A.S.S. recommend? I would suggest go with one from their recommended list. Bajaj and Tata AIG were recommended in that order by my Mitsubishi A.S.S., but your case may be different.

Last edited by S_U_N : 1st December 2011 at 16:23.
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:43   #1760
BHPian

Insurance Expired

Guys,

Need some help.
My HDFC ERGO car insurance has expired 0n 30/11,I was late to reniew it

Car is registered in Pune.Since I relocated to UK,its currently with my parents in Madhya Pradesh.
I understand, now somebody from the insurance company would be doing a inspection & then issuing a new policy.Would getting a new policy be a problem as the car is in different state now?
If I go for a new policy online is there a catch in it?
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:37   #1761
Senior - BHPian

^I just renewed my policy online (actually changed from Tata AIG to Bajaj). However, in my case the previous policy is still running.
No issues with online purchase (I got the policy hardcopy by courier in less than 4 days.)
Old 4th December 2011, 16:54   #1762
BHPian

A qs:

Does anyone know with which insurers Maruti provides cashless insurance ? I am keen on taking a Tata AIG 0% dep policy, but not sure if i will get cashless insurance. The tata-aig website lists only a few of the Maruti service centers in bangalore.

Thanks.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:26   #1763
Senior - BHPian

Got the Insurance renewal for my Fiesta done from Future Generali as they had quoted the least premium amongst the Insurance companies. However the experience was not that great since I had got the Insurance renewed through Ford dealer in Thane. The cover note was issued a week after the premium payment and the policy was handed over after 3 weeks of constant chasing. I wonder how would the response be in case of any claims.

The earlier Insurer Royal Sundaram charged a royal renewal premium forcing me to scout the market for alternative. Imagine charging me 30% more than previous year amount and arguing that this was due to IRDA directive. However they had no answer when I pointed them that the IRDA directive had only Rs 250/- increase in the Third party basic premium liability and cannot be the basis for a 30% increase in the renewal premium. Hence moved on to a new Insurer.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:47   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Had a small incident with the bike - CBR 250R over the weekend and have left it at the service center. As far as I could see this is the damage - radiator - bent, footrests - broken, silencer heat-shield - broken, right side fairing - broken. Guy at service center was actually advising not to take the insurance route as the damage might not cost too much. But still waiting for an estimate from them so that I can decide.

This is ICICI insurance. Any advice?
Old 8th December 2011, 08:23   #1765
Senior - BHPian

I had recently read the IRDA has directed all Insurance Companies providing motor Insurance to have the nominee names printed on the car Insuance policy. This is basically for the Personal Accident cover included for the owner/driver. I searched the IRDA website for the circular/order/notice but could not find any.

During my recent car insurance premium renewal, I asked the Insurance co for the Nomination form but was told that they havent printed the form as of yet but have recd the directive from IRDA. I had given a letter of nomination to the Insurance co.

Anybody has any information/link to the IRDA directive? has anyone submitted the nomination form.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...i-lombard-irda
Old 8th December 2011, 12:00   #1766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy
Had a small incident with the bike - CBR 250R over the weekend and have left it at the service center. As far as I could see this is the damage - radiator - bent, footrests - broken, silencer heat-shield - broken, right side fairing - broken. Guy at service center was actually advising not to take the insurance route as the damage might not cost too much. But still waiting for an estimate from them so that I can decide.

This is ICICI insurance. Any advice?
Guys, have got a quote of Rs.10562 from honda. Do you think its justified to claim insurance for this amount or to go ahead and pay out of my pocket if I can afford it?
Old 8th December 2011, 13:34   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, have got a quote of Rs.10562 from honda. Do you think its justified to claim insurance for this amount or to go ahead and pay out of my pocket if I can afford it?
I would say if the claim amount is 5 times what you would save as NCB next year, then make the claim.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:51   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
This sure is to go the insurance way.
Old 8th December 2011, 14:02   #1769
BHPian

Re: Insurance Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
Guys,

Need some help.
My HDFC ERGO car insurance has expired 0n 30/11,I was late to reniew it

Car is registered in Pune.Since I relocated to UK,its currently with my parents in Madhya Pradesh.
I understand, now somebody from the insurance company would be doing a inspection & then issuing a new policy.Would getting a new policy be a problem as the car is in different state now?
If I go for a new policy online is there a catch in it?
AFAIK, you can't renew expired policy online. There should be no issues in getting insurance in MP, but physical inspection of vehicle is mandatory for lapsed policies. Get in touch with a friendly agent. Should do the needful. Also, make sure you get NCB for renewed policy. It's valid for renewal within 90 days of lapse of previous policy. Hope this helps.
Old 11th December 2011, 08:24   #1770
BHPian

Can somebody please give me contacts of higher ups in Iffco Tokio.

My Fiesta met with an accident a year back and inspite of having cashless insurance, I had to pay for the repairs in cash as there was a police case involved. Its been a year and the case has been settled just a few days back and closed for good but, I am yet to get a cheque from them. The repairs costed close to 17000 that I paid from my pocket.

How do I approach them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks