Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 14:05   #1801
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
I am getting my new Swift delivered next week and I have paid the total invoice amount including insurance from the dealer fixed insurance company. Subsequently I have sold my old car which has 50% no-claim bonus available from Tata-AIG. Now since I have already paid for the new insurance, how can I make use of this no-claim bonus facility and what is the procedure for the same? Thanks in advance.
Sorry for coming across your post so late. You are entitled to get NCB transferred to your new policy. Since you have already paid the amount, you'll have to furnish the details of old policy to Insurance company(Provided Policy holder's name on both policies are same) & claim your refund. You are eligible for NCB & should get refund. Insist if they don't agree & you should get this pretty soon. As NCB you told is 50%, this should be significant amount, a few thousand at least.Do keep posted about outcome & if some help is needed. Congrats for your new wheels. Drive safe.
Old 9th January 2012, 23:29   #1802
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

I am in a mess, with no fault of mine.

I had bought a Ford Figo on 1-1-'11. The insurance would be expiring on 31st Dec '11 so on 29-12-'11, I paid a premium of 12,110 at Priyadarshi Ford, Patna for renewal by bajaj-allianz, because as per them, they cover the Ford bases everywhere, cashless.

Till date, I didn't receive any cover note or renewal papers via mail/courier & to top it up, my sales guy didn't attend my calls.

I sent someone to look it up & to my shock & horror, my insurance wasn't renewed on due date & even as of today, the Car is running w/o insurance. I just have the money receipt to show if something goes wrong.

To top it up, they lost all my photocopied relevant papers & I am currently scanning & mailing them. This is just so unethical that I wish some action to be taken. I am not much perturbed by small incidences, but this incident has left a bitter taste.

Can someone suggest me as to what steps to take? I am planning to mail @Ford after my papers arrive so they won't play any further games.

Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 00:11   #1803
BHPian

I am going to buy a Polo 1.6 this week and have received free insurance as a part of the package.

The free insurance is from Bajaj Allianz. The stupidity that VW showroom people did that they just purchased the comprehensive policy for the car already without asking me if I wanted zero dep policy.

Now when I ask them they say I can get a zero dep on next year for renewal

I really don't want to be driving without zero dep insurance for the first year. What are my options now? can I purchase an add-on package of zero-dep over my comprehensive insurance?

Also, I have a old car which has National Insurance. Can I get a NCB discount refund or something from Bajaj Allianze?
Old 10th January 2012, 08:16   #1804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi!

I am in a mess, with no fault of mine.

I had bought a Ford Figo on 1-1-'11. The insurance would be expiring on 31st Dec '11 so on 29-12-'11, I paid a premium of 12,110 at Priyadarshi Ford, Patna for renewal by bajaj-allianz, because as per them, they cover the Ford bases everywhere, cashless.

Till date, I didn't receive any cover note or renewal papers via mail/courier & to top it up, my sales guy didn't attend my calls.

I sent someone to look it up & to my shock & horror, my insurance wasn't renewed on due date & even as of today, the Car is running w/o insurance. I just have the money receipt to show if something goes wrong.

To top it up, they lost all my photocopied relevant papers & I am currently scanning & mailing them. This is just so unethical that I wish some action to be taken. I am not much perturbed by small incidences, but this incident has left a bitter taste.
@Sheel,
What you could do is first stop the cheque payment, go online at Bajaj allianz website and try renewing the Insurance if you have the policy no. If the online thing does not work, call up BA in your city and try to get the policy renewed. In either cases you might have to bear a small overcharge if BA decides to renew. In case BA tries to act smart you can pay stern saying you did not receive the intimation of renewal (I hope you did not get the intimation, right?). If nothing works shift to a new Insurance company which has cashless tie up with Ford dealer in your city.

Also Ford does not have a tie up with any Insurance co, it is the dealer which has the cashless tie up with the Insurance guys. So writing to Ford will not help, of course you can point out the lapses on the part of the Ford dealer in failure for the Ins renewal.
Old 10th January 2012, 09:00   #1805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Sheel,
What you could do is first stop the cheque payment, go online at Bajaj allianz website and try renewing the Insurance if you have the policy no. If the online thing does not work, call up BA in your city and try to get the policy renewed. In either cases you might have to bear a small overcharge if BA decides to renew. In case BA tries to act smart you can pay stern saying you did not receive the intimation of renewal (I hope you did not get the intimation, right?). If nothing works shift to a new Insurance company which has cashless tie up with Ford dealer in your city.

Also Ford does not have a tie up with any Insurance co, it is the dealer which has the cashless tie up with the Insurance guys. So writing to Ford will not help, of course you can point out the lapses on the part of the Ford dealer in failure for the Ins renewal.
I had paid cash and have the money receipt, don't think I am going to get cash back.

The biggest problem for me as far as Ford is concerned is, there is just one dealership in my state @ Patna, 325kms away. Another dealership @ Siliguri, W.B is somewhat nearby, though still some 175kms away.

My cover note will be mailed today as promised by the lady who handled my case after getting an earful from a very powerful acquaintance I sent yesterday (with body-guards et al) & her GM. Today, I am going to make my friend, Mahindra dealer over here speak to their MD as they too share a Mahindra dealership @ Patna along with Ford.

I could have never imagined that despite paying two days ago (now it stands at over 10 days) an important thing such as an insurance renewal won't be done.

The lady did mention that BA has tied up with Ford all across, if this isn't true, Ford should ask this dealership. I am going to mail them with all documents & would be serving them a notice as well.

You can read a bit about my sales experience over here, thanks to GTO, for making me feel a bit good. The Car is so darn good that it brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2188463
Old 10th January 2012, 11:42   #1806
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
I am going to buy a Polo 1.6 this week and have received free insurance as a part of the package.

The free insurance is from Bajaj Allianz. The stupidity that VW showroom people did that they just purchased the comprehensive policy for the car already without asking me if I wanted zero dep policy.

Now when I ask them they say I can get a zero dep on next year for renewal

I really don't want to be driving without zero dep insurance for the first year. What are my options now? can I purchase an add-on package of zero-dep over my comprehensive insurance?

Also, I have a old car which has National Insurance. Can I get a NCB discount refund or something from Bajaj Allianze?
You cannot change to 0% Dep mid-way has to be done while insuring the vehicle. You can ask the dealer to contact the insurance company/agent they have tie-up with and ask for 0% Dep quote whatever is the difference you pay. But make sure to switch to 0% dep earlier or else you have to wait for a year.

Have you sold the old car? If yes then you are entitled to get NCB certificate which inturn you can use on your VW.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:09   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
You cannot change to 0% Dep mid-way has to be done while insuring the vehicle. You can ask the dealer to contact the insurance company/agent they have tie-up with and ask for 0% Dep quote whatever is the difference you pay. But make sure to switch to 0% dep earlier or else you have to wait for a year.

Have you sold the old car? If yes then you are entitled to get NCB certificate which inturn you can use on your VW.
Thanks, the problem is that the policy has already been purchased by the dealership. Thats what has peeved me since they did not ask if I wanted to pay for 0 dep difference.

So, is it the only choice I have now? to wait for another year?
Old 10th January 2012, 15:29   #1808
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, the problem is that the policy has already been purchased by the dealership. Thats what has peeved me since they did not ask if I wanted to pay for 0 dep difference.

Im just assuming from your first post that you are going to take delivery this week. So the policy must have been issued few days back, just before going in for registration.

Just have a look at which Bajaj Allianz' office was the policy issued. Go to them or call them and explain saying you were not aware about 0% Dep and now you wish to change over to Zero Dep. How to go about it. This is additional premium to them, they shouldnt refuse.
Option 2, ask them whether they can cancel the current policy, issue a fresh one where you only have to pay the difference for Zero Dep as the base normal premium is to be paid by dealer as this is free insurance.

Try option 1 first! Keep posted!
Old 10th January 2012, 15:38   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I dont think you have any choice now unless BA springs up a surprise by accepting this as one off case. Just confirm with the dealer whether the payment has been really made coz most of the times the payment reaches the Insurance co late. If so you do still have a chance. If the payment is made you should be having the cover note with you by now, if not get it ASAP and then contact BA
Old 11th January 2012, 11:49   #1810

Royal Sundaram Insurance Query

Hi Folks,

I bought a scorpio VLX last February. I chose Royal Sundaram as the Insurance company and also got the windshield waiver clause added. As luck would have had it, I got a crack in the windshield during one of the trips and had to get this replaced.

This windshield waiver clause is applicable for the first year and if the windshield is replaced, it does not impact your no-claim bonus. Unfortunately I have received a renewal notice with ZERO no-claim bonus and the insurance premium has gone up by 3000 rupees

I have raised a query with the customer service. Just thought of getting some information through this forum. Has anybody gone through this situation. Any insights will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
SanScorp
Old 11th January 2012, 12:14   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Sundaram Insurance Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorp View Post
Unfortunately I have received a renewal notice with ZERO no-claim bonus and the insurance premium has gone up by 3000 rupees
That does not sound normal to me, why would the premium go up in an one year older vehicle. Do question them and if possible get some quote from some other insurer as well so as you can make a comparison.

PS: I do not recall any change in insurance regulation that would have impacted an increase in premium, anyone else has any idea.

It would be worthwhile to put this query on the insurance thread, or maybe ask mods to merge the threads.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:44   #1812

Not sure about that. I am checking with the royal sundaram folks. Will keep you posted. But I spoke to the customer care and they informed me that the insurance rates have been hiked by IRDA with effect from this year.

Cheers
Old 11th January 2012, 13:12   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorp View Post
Unfortunately I have received a renewal notice with ZERO no-claim bonus and the insurance premium has gone up by 3000 rupees
You are rightfully entitled to the NCB inspite of the windshield repair, thats what was the advantage of going for the rider in the first place. Dont let the Insuance co off the hook, pursue with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
PS: I do not recall any change in insurance regulation that would have impacted an increase in premium, anyone else has any idea.
The Third party liability premium (TPL) was increased in April 2011, but that was a paltry sum of 250/- increase. This does not warranty for such a huge increase in overall premium. Better get quotes from other Insurance cos before finalizing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf motor.pdf (566.3 KB, 323 views)
Old 11th January 2012, 13:33   #1814
F50
Senior - BHPian

May be they have charged loading being Scorpio? Or IDV is high?
Old 13th January 2012, 14:35   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Folks, my vehicle's [Feb 2010 mHawk Scorpio SLE] renewal is due in a month, and am thinking of changing over from Bajaj Allianz to New India Assurance.Would appreciate if members who've used their services can share feedback [promptness of surveyor coming to inspect the vehicle, approval of workshop's estimate without too many hassles, reimbursement of claims in case I patronize a non-ASC garage and don't use cashless facility etc].

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 13th January 2012 at 14:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks