Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 15:35   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Just got off the phone with TATA-AIG. They claim to have cashless with the dealer, looking like the sales guy at Pratham was trying to take me for a ride.
I got a quotation of 19,500 from tata-aig, including zero-dep.

Let me check royal sundaram website.

Among TATA, BAJAJ and Royal Sundaram, which one should I prefer?
Contact the workshop guys to get the first hand information about cashless claims or talk to the guy who deals with Insurance. The SA's generally are unaware of the Insurance process.

Amongst the three prefer the one who process the claims faster - again refer to the workshop guys. They will give you the clue.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 16:00   #1892
BHPian

I can't thank you enough Ghodlur!

I spoke to Royal Sundaram, and they quoted Rs.17000 for insurance with no claim bonus and other add-ons.

The funny part is, dealer quoted 19500 for normal insurance from Royal sundaram, but when I checked directly, it comes to only Rs13000. Rs.7000 difference!!! They really are taking customers for a ride!
Old 9th March 2012, 21:39   #1893
Distinguished - BHPian

My car insurance with royal sundaram(done through maruti) is expiring on 20th of April. However, I got a call from Bimal (maruti dealer) asking me to renew the insurance this month itself as there is a chance of increase in premium after the budget. Is this true? Should I renew the insurance this month itself to escape from the hike in premium?
Old 10th March 2012, 00:33   #1894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My car insurance with royal sundaram(done through maruti) is expiring on 20th of April. However, I got a call from Bimal (maruti dealer) asking me to renew the insurance this month itself as there is a chance of increase in premium after the budget. Is this true? Should I renew the insurance this month itself to escape from the hike in premium?
I don't know what truth there is to the premium-will-be-hiked-after-budget story; just out of curiosity, is it a diesel vehicle?

Anyway, even if you renew Insurance now, it will kick in only after the current policy expires. So, you don't lose anything apart from the interest on that amount.

Royal Sundaram allows policies to be renewed within a 15-day window prior to existing policy expire.

http://www.royalsundaram.in/insta-renew.aspx

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th March 2012 at 00:35.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 10:34   #1895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I don't know what truth there is to the premium-will-be-hiked-after-budget story; just out of curiosity, is it a diesel vehicle?

Anyway, even if you renew Insurance now, it will kick in only after the current policy expires. So, you don't lose anything apart from the interest on that amount.

Royal Sundaram allows policies to be renewed within a 15-day window prior to existing policy expire.

Instant Insurance Renewal - Health, Home, Travel & Car Insurance Renewal | Royal Sundaram
Yes, its a diesel car.
Since this insurance is through Maruti, may be its not having the 15-day window period. I will try to get more information from Bimal on this. Comprehensive insurance should be fine, right? I need to get a quote for zero depreciation as well.
Old 10th March 2012, 10:37   #1896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, its a diesel car.
Since this insurance is through Maruti, may be its not having the 15-day window period. I will try to get more information from Bimal on this. Comprehensive insurance should be fine, right? I need to get a quote for zero depreciation as well.
Yea, you should be taking comprehensive insurance. How old is the car btw? Someone on the forum mentioned that there is an age-limit to when you can take a zero-dep policy.
Old 10th March 2012, 16:37   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yea, you should be taking comprehensive insurance. How old is the car btw? Someone on the forum mentioned that there is an age-limit to when you can take a zero-dep policy.
Oh is it? Car is just a year old, bought in April 2011.
Old 12th March 2012, 17:07   #1898
BHPian

Just completed the transaction for my 1.4L XETA petrol with Berkshire.
Policy is provided by Bajaj Allianze.
IDV: 129105
Total amount paid: 3229
Voluntary Excess: 0
Includes cashless claim facility and 24x7 roadside assistance package which is free upto 100kms from base city.
Website is not very user friendly, but the phone service is very good.
Old 15th March 2012, 13:55   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Dear Bhpians need some help regarding renewal of insurance for my VW Vento TDi HL. Its due on 4 Apr'12 and I did receive a call from a Insurance agent to whom VW had passed my details.

He has quoted me Rs. 16K for Tata Aig (Comprehensive) and Rs. 21.5K Tata Aig (Zero dep policy). Both the quotes had different IDV value with a difference of 60K, have asked the agent to send new quotes considering the current IDV value is 8.67 Lac. My current insurer is BhartiAxa. How is TataAig compared to BhariAxa?

Is there any benefit of Zero dep policy over comprehensive, considering Rs. 4.7K additional. I have made no claims and does it entitle me for NCB when I renew my insurance?

Thanks.
El.
Old 15th March 2012, 16:22   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a query here,

I have a Tata AIG insurance policy for my swift diesel. The policy will expire sometime next month and I have to renew it. My NCB status was at 0% when I renewed the policy last year (I had made a claim the year before that). I have not made any claims for the current policy period. Now, when I renew it this year, will I get any NCB or will it remain at 0%? I had heard somewhere the NCB increases by 5% for every year (unless any claim is made). But, does it apply when the NCB is at 0% for the previous policy period?
Old 15th March 2012, 16:28   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I have not made any claims for the current policy period. Now, when I renew it this year, will I get any NCB or will it remain at 0%?
It depends on claims made in the current policy period. Since you have not made any, you should be eligible for the NCB.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 19:27   #1902
BHPian

Can one have more than one insurance policy for one vehicle from different organizations during the same period of time.

A person can have more than one life insurance policy AFAIK. Is there any restriction when it comes to automobiles?

We all pay our premiums, don't we? Considering the situation most companies end up with 50% of the claim for a 3 year old car, is there an option of insuring with multiple companies?

If I have missed the relating post, kindly forgive my bad eyesight and lead us all to the right link!
Old 15th March 2012, 20:03   #1903
BHPian

I have my i20 (Asta Diesel may 2011) insurance renewal due in may 2012, and I got a quote for 18920/- (15230/- + 0 depreciation addon 3690/-). IDV in the quote is 6,50,000/-. Is this a good quote? (considering I don't have NCB as I had a claim due to an accident)
Old 15th March 2012, 22:53   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Can one have more than one insurance policy for one vehicle from different organizations during the same period of time.

A person can have more than one life insurance policy AFAIK. Is there any restriction when it comes to automobiles?

We all pay our premiums, don't we? Considering the situation most companies end up with 50% of the claim for a 3 year old car, is there an option of insuring with multiple companies?

If I have missed the relating post, kindly forgive my bad eyesight and lead us all to the right link!
Legally not allowed. If you manage to get two policies , you will never be able to claim from two companies unless you are willing to commit some serious fraud.
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 22:59   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Guys, I have a query here,

I have a Tata AIG insurance policy for my swift diesel. The policy will expire sometime next month and I have to renew it. My NCB status was at 0% when I renewed the policy last year (I had made a claim the year before that). I have not made any claims for the current policy period. Now, when I renew it this year, will I get any NCB or will it remain at 0%? I had heard somewhere the NCB increases by 5% for every year (unless any claim is made). But, does it apply when the NCB is at 0% for the previous policy period?
You will be eligible for 20% NCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Is there any benefit of Zero dep policy over comprehensive, considering Rs. 4.7K additional. I have made no claims and does it entitle me for NCB when I renew my insurance?

Thanks.
El.
Go for Zero Dep policy, you will not be deducted any deprecation value during claims settlement. Yes you are entitled to 20 % NCB
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks