Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 07:11   #1936
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post

Voluntary Deductible was Rs 500/-
It should have been Compulsory deductible. This is mandatory component as per regulation/tariff.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:11   #1937
BHPian

The plastic side strips would be accessories that you'd have installed isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
bajaj allianz drive assure is not Zero Dep , I just paid 50% from my pocket for the plastic side strips for my Car despite having bajaj allianz drive assure for two years in a row and this been the 1st claim in 4 years.

Voluntary Deductible was Rs 500/-
Old 30th March 2012, 10:35   #1938
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
The plastic side strips would be accessories that you'd have installed isn't it?
Yes I had installed the plastic side strips two years back as acessories.
To remove the dents on the door , after painting , the plastic side strips were replaced

Last edited by YVES : 30th March 2012 at 10:36.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:48   #1939
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Thanks for the advise. Would start sailing again in abt a week. Would return after 4 months and would go for full compreshensive then. Time being got 3rd transfers completed.
You are bang on. Nationnal insurance quote is 16.8k. Bought the car on wife's name hence previous NCB went for a toss.

Rgds.
If you had good amount of NCB then should have registered on your name itself if not then ...
Old 31st March 2012, 07:49   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
F50:
If you had good amount of NCB then should have registered on your name itself if not then ...
I too initially thought so cause previous car was with me for 5 yrs.

However a lawyer friend suggested that merchant navy professionals in particular should register car on spouse's name. The logic is that in most unfortunate case of our vehicles involving in an accident, court will ask to deposit passport and hence job goes for a toss. If vehicle is on wife's name, no harm depositing her passport. He in fact mentioned a case in hand whereby the involved master (captain) is withheld from sailing for over an year as his vehicle hit a pedestrian who is now good for almost nothing. Interestingly, at that time the vehicle was driven by his saala.

Apologies for going
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:36   #1941
BHPian

Claim insurance or out-of-pocket repair to save NCB?

Hi guys,

Need some advice choosing between insurance claim and getting it done from my pocket.

I had an unfortunate incident where a tree branch fell off the tree and landed on my (just 3 month old ) car's bonnet. As expected, it left a little dent & a surface scratch and to make matters worse, it also got entangled with my wiper which broke off when I pulled out the branch.

Now I am wondering if I should go for insurance claim or should I pay it off myself? Insurance claim will definitely eat up my NCB.

Is it fine if I just take a quote from the insurance surveyor and if I find it higher than the expected NCB, then I could for the claim or else get it done myself?

I have a Maruti WagonR that was purchased in January this year with Maruti Insurance (via Royal Sundaram).

Here are some pics of the damage:

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-imag0142.jpg
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-imag0143.jpg
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-imag0144.jpg

And while I am at it, I thought maybe I can also get a cover for my fog lamp which I lost when an auto cut me sharply from the right and left my car looking like this:

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-imag0145.jpg

Please lemme know your thoughts

Regards
Dhrupadh

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd April 2012 at 15:14. Reason: deleting duplicate pics
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:44   #1942
Senior - BHPian

@drupadh,

Is the Wagon R new or preowned? The best thing to do is get a quote from Maruti for the repairs and local FNG. Compare and see if the cost of repair is more than the NCB amount saved. If so then claim insurance, if not then get it repaired by local garage.

How come the wiper snapped? Seems a very cheap one used by maruti.
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:33   #1943
BHPian

Its a new WagonR purchased in Jan'12.

I just asked the Maruti folks Sagar Automobiles who are next to my office and they say its gonna cost between 4K to 4.5K.

Donno any local denting garages who would do this job. If anyone knows any, who can do a good job (since its a new car) in & around Bannerghatta Road/Hosur road, I'd be very grateful.

The wiper got entangled with the branches and when I pulled it out, it came out along. I realized only after the branch was off. The branch was really heavy and I dont think any good quality wiper could have resisted that weight.

Looking for local garages in and around Bannerghatta Road / Hosur Road.
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:45   #1944
Senior - BHPian

Need some help here.
I have a Bharti AXA Zero Dep policy for my VW Polo. Yesterday I gave my car for accidental repair work which included a dent on the RHS door and a dent on the rear bumper. Both occured at the same instane yet the surveyer is not accepting this claim. He is only ready to cover the damage for the door and not the bumper. What should I do in this case? My policy gives me 100% cover and still they are not giving me this.
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:16   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Need some help here.
I have a Bharti AXA Zero Dep policy for my VW Polo. Yesterday I gave my car for accidental repair work which included a dent on the RHS door and a dent on the rear bumper. Both occured at the same instane yet the surveyer is not accepting this claim. He is only ready to cover the damage for the door and not the bumper. What should I do in this case? My policy gives me 100% cover and still they are not giving me this.
That is strange. What is the reason given by the Surveyor for not accepting the bumper repair claim? Does he not have the quote of the repair cost from the workshop? If he is adamant, try talking to the customer care of Bharati Axa. Was the policy taken directly from Axa or through some one?
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:24   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur
That is strange. What is the reason given by the Surveyor for not accepting the bumper repair claim? Does he not have the quote of the repair cost from the workshop? If he is adamant, try talking to the customer care of Bharati Axa. Was the policy taken directly from Axa or through some one?
He's not ready to accept that both damages happened at once!! He is being adamant so I guess I'll have to reach the higher representative. It was bought directly from Bharti.
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:26   #1947
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need some help here.
1) Can you in brief tell me what you told the surveyor?

2) What reason is surveyor giving for not considering this as ONE accident?

3) Can you please tell the exact places where the dents are? RHS - Driver or Rear and bumper - left, right or centre?
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:42   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50

1) Can you in brief tell me what you told the surveyor?

2) What reason is surveyor giving for not considering this as ONE accident?

3) Can you please tell the exact places where the dents are? RHS - Driver or Rear and bumper - left, right or centre?
1. I was taking a right turn when a rickshaw came in to overtake from right and hit the side door. I braked suddenly and a swift hit the rear bumper.

2. He says it cannot happen in this way. It would be two different accidents.

3. Right rear door bottom and a crack and dent on the rear bumper RHS.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:02   #1949
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I was taking a right turn when a rickshaw came in to overtake from right and hit the side door. I braked suddenly and a swift hit the rear bumper.

Claim is payable. No doubt about it.

Can you PM me the name of the surveyor?

Also try talking to AXA about it.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:02   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Both the repair jobs are at the rear RHS although the damage may be done by different sources. What is the workshop's take on this? If the Surveyor says it cant be be one accident, ask him to give it in writing. Parallely talk to Axa superiors and report this guy's comments.

Most Viewed