Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 14:49   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Its from MS directly, I think in conjunction with BA.
So, if i lose NCB, whats the premium for next year, same as the first?
Is there and IDV calculation in the case of Zero dep(oxymoronic, it seems to me. )
The premium for the next year will not be same, infact it will increase since the Insurer would perceive you as a somewhat unsafe driver. By what % the premiums will increase that is upto the whim and fancy of the Insurer(every one has a diff calculation). Above this you lose the NCB also, so basically its a double impact.

Zero dep is an add on taken along with the insurance, the cost of it will remain the same. Unless the Insurer increases the zero dep add on price across all customers.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 18:03   #2192
BHPian

I have a related query here. I have a 2010 Tata Safari which is due for renewal of insurance on the 22nd September, 2012. I have no claims in the 2nd year of ownership and was checking for quotes online on policy bazaar. I was surprised to see that I was being offered a renewal at 16xxx by Reliance Insurance while the next lowest quote was 26xxx! Now what gives? Why is there a difference of 10000 rupees between these two quotes and is it safe to go with Reliance Insurance? I am looking at comprehensive policies and these quotes are for the same. Help will be much appreciated.
Old 1st September 2012, 16:00   #2193
BHPian

Quick question, if another incident occurred before I could take the car to the service centre after the first incident, what do I do to get both the incidents covered under insurance?
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:57   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Why is there a difference of 10000 rupees between these two quotes and is it safe to go with Reliance Insurance? I am looking at comprehensive policies and these quotes are for the same. Help will be much appreciated.
I would suggest one thing - Stay away from Reliance Insurance as far as possible. I have heard numerous horror stories from friends when it comes to claim settlement. Try other insurers websites for the quotes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Quick question, if another incident occurred before I could take the car to the service centre after the first incident, what do I do to get both the incidents covered under insurance?
The Claim will still be a single one isnt it? Also depends on the total repair cost what will be reimbursed. As far as possible tell the Insurers its one claim.
Old 2nd September 2012, 13:02   #2195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Guys, need quick help.
Looking for second year insurance for my Tata Nano. National is quoting 4800 with IDV of 157000 with cashless facility at the garage where I go to for service. Iffco on the other hand is quoting Rs 4585 with IDV of 171000 but no cashless setup.
Which one should I go for? The existing insurance is with National.
I had posted this query in another thread but put it here also after seeing that this is an "ask me" thread.
My suggestion would be to stick with an insurance that has a cashless facility. Also if you had a decent experience with National, why not continue with them. Btw get the IDV value fixed as per IRDA rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Why is there a difference of 10000 rupees between these two quotes and is it safe to go with Reliance Insurance? I am looking at comprehensive policies and these quotes are for the same. Help will be much appreciated.
Simple - Reliance is giving a huge discount on the OD premium just to get sales. Similar is the case for my Vento - there's a difference of 8-10k between Reliance and the rest. Would recommend you to stay away from Reliance, haven't heard good stories about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Ideally you aren't allowed to claim for multiple incidents in the same claim (IMO). I believe you'll have to give an explanation on the accident situation; you'll need to come up with one that deals with both problems.

P.s. Not 100% sure about that, so do get a 2nd opinion. But i remember seeing a post on this thread where the individual's claim was not cleared for both incidents under the same claim.
Old 7th September 2012, 09:06   #2196
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need quick help.
Looking for second year insurance for my Polo. Insurance was on Bajaj Allianz.

For the second year the quote INR 18958 with IDV of 516435 for the Drive Assure Premium. Got a reduction of 1000 from the previously quoted one.

Is this a decent premium? Need advise.

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2012, 09:20   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Looking for second year insurance for my Polo. Insurance was on Bajaj Allianz.

For the second year the quote INR 18958 with IDV of 516435 for the Drive Assure Premium. Got a reduction of 1000 from the previously quoted one.
Is the premium quoted with the NCB applicable or without, looks to me a bit inflated anyways. Havent you tried to get an online quote with BA as well as other Insurers. Also how did you get a reduction of Rs 1K?
Old 7th September 2012, 09:27   #2198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is the premium quoted with the NCB applicable or without, looks to me a bit inflated anyways. Havent you tried to get an online quote with BA as well as other Insurers. Also how did you get a reduction of Rs 1K?

NCB of 20% included. Reduction I see is on a 'commmercial discount' which was 33% and now is 35%!

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2012, 09:59   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NCB of 20% included. Reduction I see is on a 'commmercial discount' which was 33% and now is 35%!
Cheers!
A quick check with Royal Sundaram and for the vehicle details the premium quoted was 17K without zero dep and 20K with zero dep. So I guess you are well off with BA itself unless you want to check all the insurers out.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 15:03   #2200
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
A quick check with Royal Sundaram and for the vehicle details the premium quoted was 17K without zero dep and 20K with zero dep. So I guess you are well off with BA itself unless you want to check all the insurers out.
Please check the coverages that each company offer. Premium might differ, so do coverages.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:16   #2201
BHPian

Today, renewed my Nano's insurance for the second year. it came to Rs. 4266 after 20 percent NCB and 10 percent additional discount by National Insurance which their officer said was offered to new cars as add-on bonus along with NCB . I went to the National office on my own to renew the insurance.

While it is an hassle to deal with the sarkari attitude, I am happy I went there since Techno guys were quoting 5300 for the same insurance and another agent was quoting 4800. Lessen learnt is that I will not call policy bazaar next time, huge waste of time to listen to more than 10 call backs for expensive policies.
Ninjatalli and Ghodlur, for your help.

Last edited by avingodb : 7th September 2012 at 17:19. Reason: added smiley!
Old 7th September 2012, 17:38   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Today, renewed my Nano's insurance for the second year. it came to Rs. 4266 after 20 percent NCB and 10 percent additional discount by National Insurance which their officer said was offered to new cars as add-on bonus along with NCB . I went to the National office on my own to renew the insurance.

While it is an hassle to deal with the sarkari attitude, I am happy I went there since Techno guys were quoting 5300 for the same insurance and another agent was quoting 4800. Lessen learnt is that I will not call policy bazaar next time, huge waste of time to listen to more than 10 call backs for expensive policies.
Ninjatalli and Ghodlur, for your help.
Wow. I never thought of National Insurance. I have been looking to renew the policy of my wife's nano for the second year. I dont have NCB as we made a claim (some idiot Tempo hit from behind leading to dent in rear door and bumper).

The best quote i have got online is Iffco-Tokio for 51xx - Royal Sundaram is quoting 48xx but they cant renew it for me as the first year is from them via a dealer and they are telling me to go to the dealer itself. The dealer is quoting 5600 for same thing. Let me check tommorrow with the nationalized guys.
Old 8th September 2012, 12:17   #2203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I dont have NCB as we made a claim
I am not sure what the National will offer if there is no NCB. But no harm in checking out.

BTW; Dealership guy called and said that self-made insurance does not come with cashless facility. Is this true or is this an example of the dealership trying to take me for a ride?
Old 8th September 2012, 12:29   #2204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb

I am not sure what the National will offer if there is no NCB. But no harm in checking out.

BTW; Dealership guy called and said that self-made insurance does not come with cashless facility. Is this true or is this an example of the dealership trying to take me for a ride?
That's pure bull Cashless depends on tie up with insurance company and not how you bought it.
Old 10th September 2012, 21:25   #2205

Crash with a Meru Cab

Hi Guys,
One of our cars back in Mumbai unfortunately got rear ended by a Meru Cab, all due to the Cabbies mistake who had a unsuccessful overtaking attempt. We did log a complaint with Meru's Helpline and do have a complaint no and they've promised to get back to us within a period of 3 - 4 days. We also have logged a FIR against the Cab Driver for reckless driving.

Both the cars do have considerable damage amounting to 25k of repairs at minimum.

In the meantime, we've decided to get a estimate from the MASS, CarKraft, Mulund (W), Mumbai.

I do have a positive feeling about Meru, as i feel their cars are insured and they would surely have procedures for such cases considering they have a good reputation and do a large no. of cars on the road.

Another hiccup we have is that the we bought a used car through a dealer, and the RC is still to be transferred to my sister's name. We did renew the insurance policy well in time and that's on our name. The MASS told us that we wouldn't be able to log a claim as the car is still isn't in our name, although we have a valid Insurance Policy with Future Generali.

I don't really have experience with claiming Third Party Insurance, and don't know how the proceedings go about.

1. Should we repair the car first by filing a claim on our policy ?

2. Wait for Meru to get back to us and ask them to make a claim on their insurance policy ?

Attaching a pic of our red Swift.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-imag0196.jpg  

Last edited by lakhanironak : 10th September 2012 at 21:45.

Most Viewed