Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 22:58   #2281
BHPian

Hi folks, just wanting to confirm the deal i am getting for the insurance on my 2011 swift vxi.

IDV= rs.4,50,000.

Zero depn premium = rs.14,200.

This is a policy offered to me by future generali.
A similar policy is offered to me by bajaj.

They are offering me a IDV= 375000.

Zero depn premium = 14000.

I am more inclined towards future generali.
Any suggestions ?

The policy will expire on 6th nov.
I have a no claim bonus intact.
The car is in a god condition after 12k of running and 11 months of usage.
Old 22nd October 2012, 00:17   #2282
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

A friend is getting a new Ritz Lxi in a few days. Is it worth getting the Bumper to Bumper protection insurance? Should he get the insurance from Maruti Suzuki or outside? Which are the good insurance companies? Any negotiation with MS possible? Thanks!
Old 22nd October 2012, 08:31   #2283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head
A friend is getting a new Ritz Lxi in a few days. Is it worth getting the Bumper to Bumper protection insurance? Should he get the insurance from Maruti Suzuki or outside? Which are the good insurance companies? Any negotiation with MS possible? Thanks!
B2B cover taken from outside the showroom will work out much cheaper than the normal cover provided by the showroom.

Ask your friend to login into any online insurance portal like royal sundaram or bajaj and generate a quote with the values identical to the values mentioned in the pro forma invoice.

Ask him to do a line by line comparo. He'll be able to decide instantly.

PS: Just make sure that the online insurance company has a tie up with the dealer service network to enjoy the cashless claim benefit. This list is usually found in the website of respective insurance cos.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 22nd October 2012 at 08:44.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 08:36   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
I am more inclined towards future generali.
Any particular reason for going to FG apart from low premium (200/- difference is not actually low premiun but still). Does FG have a cashless tie up with MS workshop nearest to you. If so then you can try them. Who is your current Insurer, have you negotiated with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Your friend should opt for zero dep insurance as its a totally new car for that extra peace of mind. Suggest your friend to visit Policybazaar.co or any comparison website to get an idea of the Insurance premiums offered. Also suggest your friend to negotiate with MS for freebies equivalent to Insurance premium and take the Insurance from outside.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 08:49   #2285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Your friend should opt for zero dep insurance as its a totally new car for that extra peace of mind. Suggest your friend to visit Policybazaar.co or any comparison website to get an idea of the Insurance premiums offered.
Spot on!

Quote:
Also suggest your friend to negotiate with MS for freebies equivalent to Insurance premium and take the Insurance from outside.
Why would the dealer provide freebies equivalent to the premium forgone by him? When you have already squeezed out the hefty margin that he makes on the new policy covers, I highly doubt if he would even listen to you on that.
Old 23rd October 2012, 01:07   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur
Any particular reason for going to FG apart from low premium (200/- difference is not actually low premiun but still). Does FG have a cashless tie up with MS workshop nearest to you. If so then you can try them. Who is your current Insurer, have you negotiated with them?
My car is currently insured with bajaj Allianz on a normal policy.
Today i again got a call from maruti informing me that my policy is soon gonna expire.
In return i asked them for a fresh quote for a zero dep policy, the girl had something different to tell me this time, she said that maruti doesn't have a policy for renewal with zero dep and the only policy i can go for is a normal policy that i currently have.
I even tried calling on the bajaj allianz customer care no. a couple of time but no luck, every time they ask my details and end up saying that they would give me a call soon. The same thing happened with Tata AIG as well.

The last i could do was to search for the nearest Bajaj Allianz office near my place. I called them up, a guy took my policy no. and various details about the car make model and stuff, guess what he too said the same thing "i would get back to you sir in about 15 mins".
I kept waiting for the whole day but i didnt get a call from their side.
Really unsatisfied with these Bajaj guys, on the other hand the Future Generali guy is niw after my life calling me two times a day asking me, when shall he come and collect the cheque

Totally confused..!
Old 29th October 2012, 22:03   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
My car is currently insured with bajaj Allianz on a normal policy.
Today i again got a call from maruti informing me that my policy is soon gonna expire.
In return i asked them for a fresh quote for a zero dep policy, the girl had something different to tell me this time, she said that maruti doesn't have a policy for renewal with zero dep and the only policy i can go for is a normal policy that i currently have.
I even tried calling on the bajaj allianz customer care no. a couple of time but no luck, every time they ask my details and end up saying that they would give me a call soon. The same thing happened with Tata AIG as well.

The last i could do was to search for the nearest Bajaj Allianz office near my place. I called them up, a guy took my policy no. and various details about the car make model and stuff, guess what he too said the same thing "i would get back to you sir in about 15 mins".
I kept waiting for the whole day but i didnt get a call from their side.
Really unsatisfied with these Bajaj guys, on the other hand the Future Generali guy is niw after my life calling me two times a day asking me, when shall he come and collect the cheque

Totally confused..!
From my friends most recent experience I would be scared to hell to deal with Future genarale.
He had a Punto 90 hp (not even 1 year old) and now it can almost be considered totalled after the damage it got from the 2 trucks which sandwitched it. FG is playing games and offering only about half of the IDV or so giving other insane offers,... or else is pushing for a repair of the car, which will seriously jeopardise the safety aspect (SC clearly telling it cant be brought to earlier normal condition). this adds up to the whole weeks that are passing by for no reason, in this land with no laws whatsoever for protecting the common man !!
More details could be read in the fiat discussion forum how it the solid car saved a family
Old 30th October 2012, 01:06   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter

From my friends most recent experience I would be scared to hell to deal with Future genarale.
He had a Punto 90 hp (not even 1 year old) and now it can almost be considered totalled after the damage it got from the 2 trucks which sandwitched it. FG is playing games and offering only about half of the IDV or so giving other insane offers,... or else is pushing for a repair of the car, which will seriously jeopardise the safety aspect (SC clearly telling it cant be brought to earlier normal condition). this adds up to the whole weeks that are passing by for no reason, in this land with no laws whatsoever for protecting the common man !!
More details could be read in the fiat discussion forum how it the solid car saved a family
Thanks Punter for sharing the experience.
Thank god i chose TATA AIG.

Well, mayank a fellow Bhpian helped me out of the confusion and guided me the right way.
Finally settled for Tata AIG at a premium of Rs.13115 and a IDV of Rs.4,71,000.

I like the way they processed the whole thing. My car was inspected with in half an hour of my phone call to them and the next morning i got the cover note.

Overall satisfied with there service till now, plus mostly heard only positive reviews about TATA AIG.
Old 30th October 2012, 13:50   #2289
BHPian

Hi,

My XUV500 W6 is coming up for renewal. While calculating the IDV value, should I take the current market price which has increased by a lac or should I take my purchase ex-showroom price?

Thanks,
Old 30th October 2012, 14:17   #2290
Senior - BHPian

My Fiesta's Insurance is up for renewal. Have got a quote from Future Generali which is lowest amongst the other quotes which I have got from online quotes. The IDV in the quote does not seem to be according to the ex-showroom rate with depreciation added but flat 10% less of last years IDV. Upon enquiry FG rep clarified that since Fiesta Zxi variant is no longer in production they cant use the present Fiesta Classic Clxi ex-showroom cost for IDV calculation (Which is Zxi counterpart). Is this a valid point?

The other grouse is FG does not have online renewal, have to visit their branch or ask someone from FG to visit for cheque collection.
Old 30th October 2012, 14:28   #2291
MCR
BHPian

I just got the Insurance for my Punto renewed.

Policy type : Standard Package policy

Insurer : Bajaj Allianz

IDV : 393299/-

Final Premium : 5734/-

Year of Mfg : 2009

Add on Cover : 24x7 Spot Assistance

Broker : Berkshire Insurance
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:18   #2292
BHPian

I have sold my vehicle about a month back but due to some personal reasons of the buyer he has still not transferred the car on his name. I had a sent a letter to my insurance company the same day mentioning that I sold my car and to cancel my Insurance policy and refund the balance premium amount and send me my NCB, they came back saying that they will need my original Insurance Policy and copy of the RC book with the new owner’s name.

I understand that they need my original Insurance Policy but fail to understand why they are insisting on a copy of the RC book with the new owner’s name. How does it matter to them whether the vehicle is transferred to the new owner or not? Can they not just cancel the policy and refund me my balance premium amount and give me my NCB?

Can someone please shed some light on this?
Old 3rd November 2012, 00:01   #2293
BANNED

I got cng endorsed on the RC. They mentioned the kit name as "Lovato", whreas it is Tomasetto. Can this effect the insurance claim if ever made?
Old 8th November 2012, 12:45   #2294
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
I have sold my vehicle about a month back but due to some personal reasons of the buyer he has still not transferred the car on his name. I had a sent a letter to my insurance company the same day mentioning that I sold my car and to cancel my Insurance policy and refund the balance premium amount and send me my NCB, they came back saying that they will need my original Insurance Policy and copy of the RC book with the new owner’s name.

I understand that they need my original Insurance Policy but fail to understand why they are insisting on a copy of the RC book with the new owner’s name. How does it matter to them whether the vehicle is transferred to the new owner or not? Can they not just cancel the policy and refund me my balance premium amount and give me my NCB?

Can someone please shed some light on this?
Yes it is mandatory to provide RC Copy or a new policy in new owner's name to cancel your policy. The new ownership of the vehicle and your selling is best justified by new RC copy. As per law, a vehicle cannot ply on the road without insurance, hence company will never cancel your policy.

In your case talk to the new buyer and request him/her to buy atleast third party liability insurance. Send the same copy to your insurance company and they will cancel your policy as there cant be two policies of the same car. They will also issue your NCB certificate which is valid for 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
I got cng endorsed on the RC. They mentioned the kit name as "Lovato", whreas it is Tomasetto. Can this effect the insurance claim if ever made?
Get it changed asap. At the time of claim you will face a lot of hassle.
F50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 21:13   #2295
BHPian

Guys,
The insurance for my car is due next month. I had a word with the Tata Insurance guys and they said that I'll have to pay a preminum which is more than previous one inspite of NCB. I was told that from now on there is no discount on diesel vehicle by Royal Sundaram(previous policy). They want me to migrate to Oriental which has recently tied up with TATA and giving me 10% discount on that. I just want to be sure if its ok. The vehicle is Dec 2010 model Tata Safari 2.2 VTT GX..Thanks.

Here is the quote...
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-capture.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks