Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 19:09   #2881
BHPian

I have received a quote of 21000 for my 2012 skoda rapid ambition TDi for 0 dep from HDFC. They were my previous insurers.
Is the premium OK?
Old 14th February 2014, 18:17   #2882
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
As of now we know only Future generali & Bharati Axa offer zero dep add on for a 4yr old car. But this will be the last year of opting for the zero dep option, make most use of it. Check whether the workshop has a cashless tie up with these Insurers.
@ghodlur

I checked with Royal Sundaram and they are ready to give zero depreciation policy, but i cannot take it via my dealer as my dealer(MPL ford) refuses to issue a zero depreciation policy for a 4 year old car. I spoke to a SA in the workshop and he advised me not to take insurance from outside as they don't do cashless if it is not taken from dealer. they have tie ups with BA, Royal Sundaram, ifco tokio and new india insurance, but still he insisted that they will not do cashless unless the insurance is taken from the dealer. Is this the case everywhere or the are trying to make me buy insurance from the dealer??
Old 14th February 2014, 20:15   #2883
Senior - BHPian

[quote=RajeswaranK7;3369913 Is this the case everywhere or the are trying to make me buy insurance from the dealer??[/quote]
The SA and the dealer both are BSing and taking you for a royal ride. If the workshop has a cashless tie up with RS and RS is giving a good offer, then the SA cant stop you from buying the Insurance online or otherwise directly from RS. Go ahead and buy that Insurance and drop a mail to Ford about the dealer and the SA antics. I am sure they will come running after you for apologizing.

The SA is bluffing coz the dealer will lose the commission of the Insurance he sells.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 17:38   #2884
Senior - BHPian

Guys does anyone have any claim experience with

1)L&T Insurance (Lowest Quote)
2) Bharati Axa Insurance
Old 17th February 2014, 22:54   #2885
BHPian

Hi all

I have filed a claim with TATA AIG and the survey has been done.My vehicle is under going repairs and the insurance policy is due to expire in a weeks time.the concern is that I will not be able to get the RI done before expiry of the policy as car will take some more time to get done.I wish to change to another insurance company and not go for a TATA AIG renewal this time.

Would not renewing TATA AIG policy have any impact on my pending claim which would be moved for final settlement after the policy expiry?

Should I Stick to TATA AIG to be on the safer side?
Old 18th February 2014, 08:22   #2886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
I wish to change to another insurance company and not go for a TATA AIG renewal this time.

Would not renewing TATA AIG policy have any impact on my pending claim which would be moved for final settlement after the policy expiry?

Should I Stick to TATA AIG to be on the safer side?
No, not renewing with TATA Aig will not have any impact on the pending claim provided the claim is approved. If still in the approval process, then Tata AIG would start playing games if the renewal is to be done. Even if you opt to choose a different Insurer, you would anyways lose the NCB. So might as well stick with Tata AIG.
Old 20th February 2014, 13:34   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
The SA and the dealer both are BSing and taking you for a royal ride. If the workshop has a cashless tie up with RS and RS is giving a good offer, then the SA cant stop you from buying the Insurance online or otherwise directly from RS. Go ahead and buy that Insurance and drop a mail to Ford about the dealer and the SA antics. I am sure they will come running after you for apologizing.

The SA is bluffing coz the dealer will lose the commission of the Insurance he sells.
I called the dealer again to see if they come down from their stand, but it seems that Ford has provided a software through which they are issuing their policies and it gives out an error message saying "Nil Depreciation cover is not applicable for vehicle age more then 3 years". Only when done thorough this the cashless facility can be availed (which i am skeptical after your reply). They sent me the screen shot of the same, but also sent me a quote from Bajaj Allianz directly for a zero depreciation policy. Right now Bajaj Allianz and Royal Sundaram are providing zero depreciation policy for cars till 5 years. I went ahead with Bajaj Allianz.
Today i got a call from Ford insurance help desk and i stated the issue, even they were not clear on why the software restricting the dealer, since insurance providers are ready to issue a zero depreciation policy. I have sent a mail to the Ford customer care stating the same. Yet to get a reply from them, will update once i receive a reply.
Old 20th February 2014, 13:46   #2888
Senior - BHPian

Got a query.
Tried reading this on google but couldn't understand.

The insurance quoted by Honda for my new city is for 29000.
Then there is an option for zero depreciation premium something which is for 6250 extra which i guess is called bumper to bumper.
Can anyone tell me what that is for and is it advisable to get it as well?

Last edited by harry10 : 20th February 2014 at 13:53.
Old 20th February 2014, 14:15   #2889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Got a query.
Tried reading this on google but couldn't understand.

The insurance quoted by Honda for my new city is for 29000.
Then there is an option for zero depreciation premium something which is for 6250 extra which i guess is called bumper to bumper.
Can anyone tell me what that is for and is it advisable to get it as well?
@harry10

Zero depreciation policy will cover against the depreciation of parts both metal and plastics and will be valued at 100% in case of any accidents. It is well worth the premium you are paying. Please go for it.
Old 20th February 2014, 21:13   #2890
BHPian

Supposing you hit a goat on a highway. Is the insurance company justified in asking for an FIR in the case of a private car? Specially when only car damage has been claimed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2014, 08:14   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Supposing you hit a goat on a highway. Is the insurance company justified in asking for an FIR in the case of a private car? Specially when only car damage has been claimed?
No, there is no need of any FIR when only own damage is claimed. FIR is needed only when the TPL is invoked in case the goat owner asked for compensation if the goat sustained any injuries. Tomorrrow if a stray dog hits the vehicle, will the Insurance co ask for the FIR and will cops file an FIR??

Which is this unique Insurance co?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 08:27   #2892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
@harry10

Zero depreciation policy will cover against the depreciation of parts both metal and plastics and will be valued at 100% in case of any accidents. It is well worth the premium you are paying. Please go for it.
So let's say I am buying a car which has reverse parking camera and alloys. If they are damaged in an accident are they covered in zero depreciation policy?
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:00   #2893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So let's say I am buying a car which has reverse parking camera and alloys. If they are damaged in an accident are they covered in zero depreciation policy?
IMO, they are not covered but will be worthwhile to enquire and confirm with the Insurance co. Do let us know if that is the case.
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:17   #2894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
IMO, they are not covered but will be worthwhile to enquire and confirm with the Insurance co. Do let us know if that is the case.
As long as the additional items are not fitted as accessories (even if at dealership) and are standard equipments as part of the vehicle-variant, the 0 depreciation insurance will cover it. If they are add-ons then you need to buy the add-on for the accessories in the insurance.

I think you are talking of top variant here which may have this reverse cam and alloys factory fitted. In this case, the insurance will indeed cover it.
Old 27th February 2014, 14:42   #2895
BANNED

Folks,

I have a March 2011 Figo Titanium D insured by Iffco Tokio, the insurance is up for renewal in March 17th. Last year I paid 16 K for zero dep policy and took I claim (left side both doors repainted). The quote they've given for this year is 16K again...
I'm a little confused and need some advise... though the zero dep and claim process by Iffco guys has been smooth so far, but 16 K this year too seems steep..

Cheers

RD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks