Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 08:38   #3046
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Met with an accident today . Should I claim insurance? Will the bumpers be covered under insurance? What all documents are required?
Sad to know about the accident mate. The bumpers will be replaced under Insurance but only at applicable depreiation rate which I believe is 50%. Which means Insurance will pay half of the bumper cost, half to be borne by you. Regarding documents, you will need the Insurance papers, RC and Drving licence. If its mutually agreed between you and Amaze owner then you dont need a FIR copy to claim Insurance.

Looking at the Amaze, your car is minimally damaged, I guess the repair cost of the Amaze will exceed 20K atleast. Goes to show Honda build quality is a myth now.

Last edited by ghodlur : 7th July 2014 at 08:40. Reason: Edited
Old 19th July 2014, 16:38   #3047
NGM
BHPian

Insurance for my 2008 Corolla Altis is up for renewal.Toyota dealer is quoting me 24K with an IDV of Rs 600000.They are offering toyota protect with option to choose from iffco Tokio,ICICI,Chola and United India.I don't have a NCB.

So is this on the higher side?

As my car enters 6th year i don't think zero dep is valid.Is toyota protect really worth?

Which other insurance to be contacted for hassle free claim procedure?
Please help.
Old 19th July 2014, 19:40   #3048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Is toyota protect really worth?
What is the USP of Toyota Protect? How is it different from buying Insurance directly from Insurers? Do you have any write up from Toyota on the same? Since you dont have anything to lose i.e NCB, it will be fruitful if you buy Insurance from Insurers online. Get the quotes from Insurers with whom the Toyota workshop has a cashless tie up.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 09:26   #3049
BHPian

My Tata Aria met with an accident on 25th March 2014. The car is insured with Reliance general insurance. It was a frontal collision with extensive damage to engine dashboard, airbags deployed, and probable damage to chassis. The insurance company was informed in the evening of the accident and car towed to work shop on 30th March. The estimate prepared by the insurance company was close to 17 lakhs(Ex showroom price of the model is 15 lakhs). The surveyor didnt not submit the survey report on some pretext or the other. I brought the matter to the notice of customer care and registered complaints many times. Finally after 2 months i was informed that they would like to verify the genuineness of the accident. I took the inspector to site of accident and submitted statements as demanded by him. He took pics of accident site blood stains etc and submitted as positive case report on 28th June 2014. No now the surveyor as another reason to delay. The driving license could not be verified. He gave no reasons why it took him 3 months before sending DL for Verification. Frustrated i complaint to reliance grievance cell. I was issued a letter to get the DL verified. I got it done and sent a copy of DL verification letter to surveyor and the regional office in Okhla, New Delhi. After seven days i spoke to the surveyor and he said that the regional claim office got the DL verification report and it was found to be fake and my claim is rejected. I asked for a copy of the same and name and other deatils. The surveyor says these are confidential and can't be shared with customers. The car company is asking me to pay parking charges as it has been over 3 months now. How to i proceed now.
Old 20th July 2014, 09:58   #3050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Insurance for my 2008 Corolla Altis is up for renewal.Toyota dealer is quoting me 24K with an IDV of Rs 600000.They are offering toyota protect with option to choose from iffco Tokio,ICICI,Chola and United India.I don't have a NCB.

So is this on the higher side?

As my car enters 6th year i don't think zero dep is valid.Is toyota protect really worth?

Please help.
The dealership should have given you complete details about the same if you inquired about the Toyota Protect details. I am attaching the coverage features sheet herewith for your information

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-toyota-protect-toyota-cover-1.jpg

When it will be useful is, if you are in a claim that involves heavy and multiple consumables like oils, coolant, sealants etc that cost a bomb, then those are by default covered under policy although at the rate of respective depreciation. Especially if you got chassis work, they need to dissemble the body and chassis then it really matters.
Other things being, as I have seen from up close,
- it helps processing the claim speedily
- Toyota Insurance Bangalore is extremely responsive if any issue arises and if you raise it to them, they get the things moving almost immediately, you don't need to struggle with the actual insurer
- innumerable number of claims within an year without hassles, specially useful for 0 dep, but you do not fall in that category now

Since you have no NCB, you should have claimed this passing year. So assess your claim-ability, kind of coverage you want to be protected with in case situation arises etc.

For normal circumstances, if no such need arises, Toyota Protect would seem overkill after 5th year. Also, you may be able to reason better discounts outside.

Couple of points though, after 5 years, the insurance premiums increase and discounts decrease as I have seen. However, since you have lost NCB discount, they should give you decent discount on base premium. Compute and see how much it is against others after getting quotes.

However, you should make informed decision after considering all aspects and comparing with other/same insurers with external quotes with/without these bells and whistles.

Bharati-AXA, TATA-AIG are some of other cashless tie-up insurers with Toyota workshops, you could check with them too.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 16:19   #3051
NGM
BHPian

Thanx for the inputs.I will get quote from other agents also and select a better one.I think toyota protect is an overkill after 5 years.
Is there any insurance company providing zero depreciation after 5 years?I have read some where about an insurance company providing 8 years but could not recollect now.
Old 21st July 2014, 08:13   #3052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any insurance company providing zero depreciation after 5 years?I have read some where about an insurance company providing 8 years but could not recollect now.
AFAIK none of the Insurance co offer zero dep for more than 5 year old vehicle. There are not many who even offer zero dep for 5 yr, the industry std is 2 yrs.
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:17   #3053
BHPian

Friends,

I am faced with a small problem.

My existing insurer is Maruti Insurance Broking Private (Tie-up with Bajaj Allianz), it was time to renew my insurance and I got a quote of 11,600/- INR (Zero dep) from Maruti.

When I compared this quote (Maruti) with the one from Bajaj Allianz for the same IDV + Zero dep + RSA + Engine protector, I got a quote of 10,200/- INR. There is no absolutely no reason to spend 1500/- extra and purchase it from Maruti. My new car is going to complete 1 year next month, I went with Maruti insurance in the beginning to avoid any hassles during my buying process.

I contacted Bajaj allianz & they say that my policy is in declined state, renewal can happen only through Maruti .

I have had good experience with Bajaj Allianz, my other options are Bharti Axa.

Will I face any problem in future if I switch to other insurance provider? Maruti is messing things up with the tie up, policy mentions Bajaj Allianz & sourced through Maruti Broking.

Please advise.

Rgds, Vinod

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 22nd July 2014 at 13:18.
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:34   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
My Tata Aria met with an accident on 25th March 2014. The car is insured with Reliance general insurance. It was a frontal collision with extensive damage to engine dashboard, airbags deployed, and probable damage to chassis. The insurance company was informed in the evening of the accident and car towed to work shop on 30th March. The estimate prepared by the insurance company was close to 17 lakhs(Ex showroom price of the model is 15 lakhs). The surveyor didnt not submit the survey report on some pretext or the other. I brought the matter to the notice of customer care and registered complaints many times. Finally after 2 months i was informed that they would like to verify the genuineness of the accident. I took the inspector to site of accident and submitted statements as demanded by him. He took pics of accident site blood stains etc and submitted as positive case report on 28th June 2014. No now the surveyor as another reason to delay. The driving license could not be verified. He gave no reasons why it took him 3 months before sending DL for Verification. Frustrated i complaint to reliance grievance cell. I was issued a letter to get the DL verified. I got it done and sent a copy of DL verification letter to surveyor and the regional office in Okhla, New Delhi. After seven days i spoke to the surveyor and he said that the regional claim office got the DL verification report and it was found to be fake and my claim is rejected. I asked for a copy of the same and name and other deatils. The surveyor says these are confidential and can't be shared with customers. The car company is asking me to pay parking charges as it has been over 3 months now. How to i proceed now.
Need to know the genuineness ? What is that ?The vehicle is not damaged or you hit the car with something else? What is DL verification?
As I am not aware of the actual circumstances, immediately sent a legal notice to Insurance company on the reason for not adhering to the insurance policy that they have given mentioning all the dates from begining and copy of all the documents. AFAIK the insurance company is acting tough not to process the claim as its a total loss.
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:46   #3055
Senior - BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

My 2010 1.2 Figo's Insurance renewal is coming up next month.

I will be doing it online with Bajaj Insurance and they have calculated the IDV to be at 210000, which is system generated.

I would like to know how this is calculated and what is the yearly depreciation on this model so I could do the calculation myself. The range provided in the website is between 2l-4l.

Thanks for any inputs.
Old 28th July 2014, 17:07   #3056
BHPian

Yesterday I accompanied one of my colleagues (whose vehicle was hit on the front side by someone who was reversing) to service centre of a big auto company. My colleague has Zero depreciation insurance policy for his brand new vehicle from one of the private insurers. The service centre attendant gave the following estimates:

Repairs from own funds (to save on 20% No Claim Bonus):
Parts Cost: Rs. 13000/-
Labor Charges: Rs. 500/-
Paint Charges: Rs. 4000/-
Total: Rs. 17,500/- plus VAT and Service Tax

Repairs through cash less insurance:
Claim Charge: Rs. 1000/- (To be borne by my colleague)
Parts Cost: Rs. 0/- (To be borne by insurance company)
Labor Charges: Rs. 0/- (To be borne by insurance company)
Paint Charges: Rs. 0/- (To be borne by insurance company)
Consumables: Rs. 1500/- (To be borne by my colleague)
Salvage value: Rs. 1300/- (10% of the parts costs, to be borne by my colleague even though he has Zero Dep. insurance)
Total: Rs. 3800/- plus VAT and Service Tax

Needless to say, he told the attendant that he will go with cash less insurance to which the attendant said that he needs to bring the vehicle for surveyor's inspection sometime this week and then have to leave the vehicle there.

My question is: Are the charges under Consumables (Rs. 1500/-) and Salvage Value (Rs. 1300/-) unnecessary forced onto my colleague who also have to let go his No Claim Bonus? Is this a ploy by the service centre to make money considering the fact that no such charges are levied if my colleague bears the repair costs? If so, what should he do?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th July 2014, 18:10   #3057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
My question is: Are the charges under Consumables (Rs. 1500/-) and Salvage Value (Rs. 1300/-) unnecessary forced onto my colleague who also have to let go his No Claim Bonus? Is this a ploy by the service centre to make money considering the fact that no such charges are levied if my colleague bears the repair costs? If so, what should he do?

Thanks in advance.
0 dep does not cover consumables unless there is specific add-on added in insurance policy or the policy wording so categorically states. They need to be paid by the insured if not covered with add-on.

Salvage is not necessarily covered by all policies, depends primarily upon business policy of the insurer and wordings of the policy, and then the tie-up, terms with insurer, surveyor, workshop. IRDA does not provide any fixed regulations regarding the same. Ideally, the insurer should cover all and take over the salvage to reduce the cost of the claim from its end. However, many try to trick customers. What works is better lobbying with the workshop, surveyor nicely and being firm that you do not need to bear the salvage when you are availing a claim loosing all the NCB. This ofcourse in the context that the policy does not have any clear wordings to avoid salvage liability for insurer. Check my earlier post, the brochure shows categorically a line item for the salvage.

http://www.policyholder.gov.in/FaqDe...&CategoryId=79
Old 29th July 2014, 17:28   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Will I face any problem in future if I switch to other insurance provider? Maruti is messing things up with the tie up, policy mentions Bajaj Allianz & sourced through Maruti Broking.
Vinod,

To simply put Maruti and BA are arm twisting you. Better move to a different Insurer. You will not face any problems if you switch Insurer, just ensure that the new Insurer does have cashless tie up with the Maruti workshop where you normally service the car.

Did you try buying a fresh Insurance from BA online?
Old 30th July 2014, 12:11   #3059
BHPian

Does any one here get false car insurance renewal reminders?
There had been a mix up in the insurance agency and I kept getting reminders saying my insurance renewal is due in Aug (when it is actually due in Dec). I notified them. I still kept getting SMS reminders. Then I mailed and called them up and they said it won't happen again. Then I get SMS and calls for saying my insurance renewal is due in Aug again. This time I lost it and mailed as well as called and gave them a piece of my mind. Then I was assured it wont happen again. Yesterday I get a mail saying that my insurance renewal is due in Aug.. again
As shocked as I was with their customer service, I decided to keep my cool and have a peaceful word with my agent. Called him up and he said that they did stop the SMS and call reminders but missed out on the mail part and it would not repeat. I still don't believe that I wont get another reminder. But if Aug comes and if my insurance expires, there wont be peace anymore for that agent.
Old 30th July 2014, 14:31   #3060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Vinod,

To simply put Maruti and BA are arm twisting you. Better move to a different Insurer. You will not face any problems if you switch Insurer, just ensure that the new Insurer does have cashless tie up with the Maruti workshop where you normally service the car.

Did you try buying a fresh Insurance from BA online?
You are correct, BA lost one long time customer. I called them at-least 10 times to follow-up on this issue, but they seemed least bothered.

I switched to Bharti Axa, made the payment today. Effectively the policy was BA but brought through Maruti Broker Ltd, hence it does not qualify to be a fresh insurance (i.e.) not be considered as a switch from a difference insurer.

Appreciate your inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks