Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 14:03   #3271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Does insurance cover Gift from Truck Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Secondly your mechanic is right in saying that you cannot claim insurance since the mechanical damages are caused by your negligence. But he is absolutely not right in saying that the car needs to be disposed off, pls dont think on those lines unless you get it thoroughly checked at Toyota workshop and assess the condition. The damages can be minimum too.
Sorry, why isn't it covered by insurance? Hitting a boulder on the road is not any different from hitting a dead cow (yes, cow. Friend claimed 3.75L + Taxes for repairing his Ecosport which jumped over a dead cow).

Chassis related damage assessment and repair is best left to the professionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Yes, this is covered in insurance. talk to Toyota Garage and file a cashless claim.

Depending on the garage/Surveyor, this could be either:

1. Accident claim OR
2. Own damage
Own damage is the best. No FIR involved.
Old 19th March 2015, 14:09   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Yep just claim you ran over a boulder that was not visible at night. You'll lose your NCB but insurance will pay for most of the damages.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 19th March 2015 at 14:10.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 14:09   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipak1406 View Post
Good day friends,

Went on long drive with family as under in trusted Toyota Corolla 2006 model
Firstly you can definitely claim insurance for all this

Secondly, Apron and Chassis damage is nothing a 'Car O Liner' cant fix. You need to visit Toyota for this, not a local mechanic.

Please file an insurance claim and get the car fixed. I'll be back to as good as new.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th March 2015 at 21:08. Reason: Edited quote.
Old 19th March 2015, 14:17   #3274
BHPian

Friends,

Thank you for the replies.

Appreciate the quick response. Was very annoyed as the car is very dear to me and my daughter.

She has infact given an ultimatum that any upgrade after this has to be in following ranking

next update - S class
after that - Rolls Royce
after that - bugatti veyron

She is 8 yrs and had seen the photos of the above cars on my wish list 2 years back. Still remembers it amazing.

Anyways, will park the car in Toyota garage next week.

regards, Deepak
Old 19th March 2015, 14:19   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipak1406 View Post
My question - Can I claim insurance ?
If you have comprehensive insurance you surely can claim insurance. If it is only third party then practically claiming it on the truck's third party (assuming he has a valid one) can be difficult

Quote:
Secondly your mechanic is right in saying that you cannot claim insurance since the mechanical damages are caused by your negligence.
How is this his negligence. The negligence is on the part of the truck for not securing the load
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 17:59   #3276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly your mechanic is right in saying that you cannot claim insurance since the mechanical damages are caused by your negligence.
Insurance covers accidents.

Majority of accidents happen due to negligence - major or minor.

Insurance should cover this incident.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 20:51   #3277
BHPian

I don't see a reason why insurance claim should be denied. This is exactly what the insurance is for. I have claimed insurance when I have mistakenly banged my car into RCC pillar while reversing - no questions asked beyond that. I am sure a lot of other folks must have done it too.

However, in your case the car being a 2006 model, there will be significant depreciation and a good chunk will have to be borne by you. If you do not care about the loss of NCB, go ahead and make a claim. I am sure it'll still turn out cheaper than saving the NCB on the car.

Quick edit: When you write your story for claim, do not make a mention of another vehicle involved as that may invite some complexity - rather state that you hit a boulder lying on the road.

Last edited by Rodie09 : 19th March 2015 at 20:53.
Old 25th March 2015, 10:39   #3278
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Need advise.

My XUV500 was booked on 12/Apr/2103 for an ex-showroom price of Rs. 13,85,969.
2 years have completed and 3rd year is beginning.

1. What should be the ideal IDV ? have received quotes ranging from 10 lacs to 11.50 lacs.
2. How much is the 3rd party Insurance ? have received quotes of Rs. 4,109 and Rs. 5,292.
3. Any feedback on L&T Insurance ? They have quoted the lowest followed by Bajaj Alliance, TATA AIG and ICICI.
4. What is the maximum discount I can extract on the OD premium ? Have received up to 60 percent.
5. Does the Zero Dep premium vary from company to company ? some have quoted 4400 to 6500 for an IDV of 11 lacs.

Last edited by bnzjon : 25th March 2015 at 10:44.
Old 26th March 2015, 10:32   #3279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Need advise.

1. What should be the ideal IDV ? have received quotes ranging from 10 lacs to 11.50 lacs.
2. How much is the 3rd party Insurance ? have received quotes of Rs. 4,109 and Rs. 5,292.
3. Any feedback on L&T Insurance ? They have quoted the lowest followed by Bajaj Alliance, TATA AIG and ICICI.
4. What is the maximum discount I can extract on the OD premium ? Have received up to 60 percent.
5. Does the Zero Dep premium vary from company to company ? some have quoted 4400 to 6500 for an IDV of 11 lacs.
Experts - need your advise please.
Old 29th March 2015, 16:41   #3280
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Need advise.

My XUV500 was booked on 12/Apr/2013 for an ex-showroom price of Rs. 13,85,969.

Old 30th March 2015, 09:08   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Answering your questions serially:
1) Ideal IDV will be current exshowroom cost of the variant/model times the depreciation in %. In your case the depreciation would be 30%. Do the calculation.
2) TP premium for private vehicles > 1500 cc will be Rs 4295 (??, Pls confirm). Add another 400 rupees for other charges.
3) L&T Insurance is relatively new and is very aggressively pricing the premium to garner the market. The best people to give the feedback about the Insurance co and its performance would be the Mahindra workshop guys.
4) Depends on the Insurance co offering the discount. Whats the basis of the 60% discount received, can you provide more details?
5) Yes, Zero dep will vary from co to co based on the OD premium quoted. As the OD premium varies the zero dep amount too varies as it is some % of the OD premium.
Old 30th March 2015, 14:19   #3282
BHPian

Quote:
Answering your questions serially:
1) Ideal IDV will be current exshowroom cost of the variant/model times the depreciation in %. In your case the depreciation would be 30%. Do the calculation.
2) TP premium for private vehicles > 1500 cc will be Rs 4295 (??, Pls confirm). Add another 400 rupees for other charges.
3) L&T Insurance is relatively new and is very aggressively pricing the premium to garner the market. The best people to give the feedback about the Insurance co and its performance would be the Mahindra workshop guys.
4) Depends on the Insurance co offering the discount. Whats the basis of the 60% discount received, can you provide more details?
5) Yes, Zero dep will vary from co to co based on the OD premium quoted. As the OD premium varies the zero dep amount too varies as it is some % of the OD premium.
Thanks Buddy.
The discount is offered on the OD premium.
Old 31st March 2015, 13:59   #3283
BHPian

Is Road Side Assistance compulsory for Zero Dep policy ? TATA, ICICI and Bajaj insist on the same.
Old 3rd April 2015, 06:37   #3284
BANNED

Quote:
Need advise.

Some answers:

3. L&T is a new entrant. Try it :-)
4. Yes, it's the max.
5. Yes, it varies and also the terms like inclusions/exclusions.
Old 7th May 2015, 14:25   #3285
BHPian

Hi Experts,

It's time to renew the inusrance policy for my TATA SAFARI Ex 4x2, May 2012 Model.

Please advise me the hassle free insurance provider (with zero Dep & NCB Protection) with TATA workshops.

Any ideas about Royal Sundaram and L&T with TATA workshops?

Cheers!
Irish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks