Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 07:58   #3421
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,510
Thanked: 2,959 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
2) When I tried online renewal with RS, it says that my policy cannot be renewed online. I am following up with their customer care daily. Are the charges same if I go to their office and renew directly incase the online option doesn't work out?

3) Sireesh representatives explained that they considered 8.5% depreciation instead of 10% as the current price of W6 has increased. Is this a correct rule or they are cashing on my ignorance?
I think the difference in the online and offline quote would be nominal provided the IDV in both cases should be same.

If the prices have increased for the variant, then as per rules the IDV has to be calculated as exshowroom cost times the depreciation of ownership in %. For eg if the variant costs Rs 12L ex showroom today, then the IDV would be 12L -(12L X 10%) = 10.8L and not 10.15L as stated earlier.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 00:30   #3422
BHPian
 
paddu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 42
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hello Everyone,

My 6 months old Polo met with an accident today when a truck hit it from the side and damaged the rear quarter panel. I had always wondered how the quarter panels are replaced/repaired. After having a look a the the pictures below could anyone give me pointers on how bad a damage it is?
Usually how long does this kind of a repair take? Any other suggestions are also welcome. I plan to visit the body shop tomorrow and claim insurance.
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_20151007_235738.jpg
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_20151007_235748.jpg

Thanks!
paddu is online now  
Old 8th October 2015, 08:36   #3423
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,510
Thanked: 2,959 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
could anyone give me pointers on how bad a damage it is?
Usually how long does this kind of a repair take?
The damage looks pretty bad. The entire quarter section needs to be repaired and painted. I hope there is no damage to the doors. If that's the case, then I would suggest get a quote from VW workshop and also from a good FNG. If the repair cost exceeds the amount you could save on NCB, then you should go ahead and make a claim. If not then suggest to get the repairs done from pocket itself.

IMO the total cost of denting + painting may be around 8K. BTW do you have zero depreciation add on cover for your car?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 09:10   #3424
BHPian
 
paddu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 42
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The damage looks pretty bad. The entire quarter section needs to be repaired and painted. I hope there is no damage to the doors. If that's the case, then I would suggest get a quote from VW workshop and also from a good FNG. If the repair cost exceeds the amount you could save on NCB, then you should go ahead and make a claim. If not then suggest to get the repairs done from pocket itself.

IMO the total cost of denting + painting may be around 8K. BTW do you have zero depreciation add on cover for your car?
Thanks for your reply ghodlur!

The damage is only to the quarter section below the fuel lid. Is this part not replaced or is it only repaired? I will be on my way to the body shop in another 30 minutes. And yes, I do have zero dep insurance. Also how can I calculate the amount of the NCB for my next premium.
paddu is online now  
Old 8th October 2015, 09:11   #3425
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,070
Thanked: 11,956 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Hello Everyone,

My 6 months old Polo met with an accident today when a truck hit it from the side and damaged the rear quarter panel. I had always wondered how the quarter panels are replaced/repaired. After having a look a the the pictures below could anyone give me pointers on how bad a damage it is?
Usually how long does this kind of a repair take? Any other suggestions are also welcome. I plan to visit the body shop tomorrow and claim insurance.

Thanks!
By the pictures, this repair will involve:
  • The rear quarter panel dent removal
  • Rear quarter panel painting
  • Bumper painting (I'm sure they'll suggest complete bumper painting)
  • Also wheel well plastic cladding maybe damaged

Since it is the first year, The NCB that you may get next year is around 20%
IMO even an outside body shop will not quote less than 5k
If you take it to the VW service centre expect not less than 10k bill.
I would suggest you go ahead and claim the insurance

Any bodyshop other than the VW workshop will take 2 to 3 days.
So, I guess you should get it back within a week
hemanth.anand is offline  
Old 8th October 2015, 12:13   #3426
BHPian
 
paddu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 42
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
By the pictures, this repair will involve:
  • The rear quarter panel dent removal
  • Rear quarter panel painting
  • Bumper painting (I'm sure they'll suggest complete bumper painting)
  • Also wheel well plastic cladding maybe damaged
Thank you for your detailed response, Hemanth.

I gave the car to the nearest VW workshop. They estimated it at Rs3500+tax which I feel is pretty decent. I did not claim insurance and thought it is better to pay from my own pocket.
It will take a total of 4 days to repair it.
paddu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 12:46   #3427
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,510
Thanked: 2,959 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Also how can I calculate the amount of the NCB for my next premium.
You have current policy IDV information with you - A
Next year IDV = A - (A* depreciation %) = B
OD premium = 3.191 * B = C (depending on zone, cc, age of vehicle. For calculation purposes I have considered car cc to be within 1000 to 1500 cc, zone as non metro, for metros it will be slightly more). If any additional discounts offered, then that has to be reduced from C
NCB = C* NCB% applicable for years of claim free ownership.

The above is a rough calculations and subject to the variable parameters.
ghodlur is offline  
Old 8th October 2015, 23:14   #3428
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Renewed my EcoSport's insurance today. Went ahead with Bajaj Allianze as part of the Ford preferred insurance, the depreciation shield was offered at 19k. On the other hand Bajaj's online renewal had quoted around 26k for the same IDV for their drive assure economy with depreciation and engine shield and 24x7 assistance.
sansvk is offline  
Old 9th October 2015, 08:40   #3429
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,510
Thanked: 2,959 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Went ahead with Bajaj Allianze as part of the Ford preferred insurance,
I thought Royal Sundaram was the preferred Insurer for Ford as they have a national tie up with them. Is this now changed to Bajaj Allianz? Or this was workshop's preferred Insurer?
ghodlur is offline  
Old 9th October 2015, 10:14   #3430
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 715
Thanked: 439 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Guys, a quick question. I am exchanging my car with the dealer itself, and in the process transferring the NCB to the new car. The dealer has now asked me to get a third party insurance done on the old car - they would take in the old car only if insured. So if I am transferring the main policy/NCB to new car, old car has to be insured - be it the cheapest way out. Is this justifiable ? How much would third party insurance cost ?
ptaneja is offline  
Old 9th October 2015, 11:19   #3431
Senior - BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,384
Thanked: 1,019 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, a quick question. I am exchanging my car with the dealer itself, and in the process transferring the NCB to the new car. The dealer has now asked me to get a third party insurance done on the old car - they would take in the old car only if insured. So if I am transferring the main policy/NCB to new car, old car has to be insured - be it the cheapest way out. Is this justifiable ? How much would third party insurance cost ?
Third Party insurance cost depends on engine CC and is standard rate across all insurance companies - go with whichever you want.
ethanhunt123 is offline  
Old 9th October 2015, 11:33   #3432
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,510
Thanked: 2,959 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, a quick question. I am exchanging my car with the dealer itself, and in the process transferring the NCB to the new car. The dealer has now asked me to get a third party insurance done on the old car - they would take in the old car only if insured. So if I am transferring the main policy/NCB to new car, old car has to be insured - be it the cheapest way out. Is this justifiable ? How much would third party insurance cost ?
It is mandatory to have insurance on the car even if only TPL. Also you transfer the NCB to the new car and not the policy. The policy stays with the old car, only the ownership of the Insurance needs to be transferred. Are you ensuring that the ownership of the old car gets duly transferred to the dealer's name? Keeping it as an open loop is not advisable.

For the TPL rates, check this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3679105
ghodlur is offline  
Old 9th October 2015, 13:50   #3433
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,070
Thanked: 11,956 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Thank you for your detailed response, Hemanth.

I gave the car to the nearest VW workshop. They estimated it at Rs3500+tax which I feel is pretty decent. I did not claim insurance and thought it is better to pay from my own pocket.
It will take a total of 4 days to repair it.
The quote of 3500/- actually surprised me. With that quote, what you did was right in not claiming the insurance.
It wouldn't have been wise to loose the NCB for such a small repair.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 20:26   #3434
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I thought Royal Sundaram was the preferred Insurer for Ford as they have a national tie up with them. Is this now changed to Bajaj Allianz? Or this was workshop's preferred Insurer?
They have tie up with 4 companies, Iffco, Sundaram and New India being the others.
sansvk is offline  
Old 9th October 2015, 23:30   #3435
BHPian
 
Akhilash95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Our 1 year old swift Dzire met with a small accident ,
There are two deep linear abrasions running all the way from the front bumper, fender , doors n rear panel.
It has punchured the front fender and rear door , about 2cm long each.
I might have to probably replace the front bumper n rear door.
I don't have any photos from the incident , can I still claim insurance ?
I have a NCB of 40% transfered from the previous car. Is it worth claiming insurance if its possible?
How much % will the insurance cover for bodyshop works?
Insurer -ICICI Lombard

Last edited by Akhilash95 : 9th October 2015 at 23:33.
Akhilash95 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks