Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2018, 18:17   #4201
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,431
Thanked: 2,820 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Do the insurance companies share claim data (pics) with one another or does IRDA has any centralised database of all the claim details?
Yes the claim details are shared between Insurance cos and with IRDA. Every claim is recorded against the car registration no. Even if you change insurance cos and you raise a claim, the new Insurance co will log into IRDA database which will list all the claims made against the car no.

Since as per you the damage is minor, getting it done at your own cost is the best alternative. Or wait till you damage that side more extensively for it to be repaired.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 18:18   #4202
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,720
Thanked: 7,024 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Ok quick cross check!
My 7 year old Yeti is going for its 8th Insurance renewal end of this month.
The IDV is 10 Lacs.
The Premium payable after 50% NCB and 60% Corporate Discount and all, still comes to Rs 21000/- which includes Drive Assure Classic which is like a semi zero dep.
The insurer is Bajaj Allianz. Ive been with them since the day I bought the Yeti.

Now, am just wondering if I can indeed get a better deal.
Because most of the other insurers whom I connected with arenít offering the same IDV and arenít offering the Drive Assure, though their premiums are more like in the 15000-18000 range.
What to do?
Stay with Bajaj ?
Or move on?
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 26th November 2018, 12:33   #4203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 82
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I want to add consumable add on as I had to shell out 16K for wheel bearings
damaged in an accident this year.
I would prefer to go with Royal Sundaram but they don't offer consumables add on.
Now I am considering two options:
HDFC Ergo (Zero dep + RSA+ consumables+unlimited zero dep claims) - 18500
Digit - (Zero dep + RSA+ consumables) - 15100
I don't know if Digit can be trusted as there is not much info or reviews available.

Another query - what is the 'Tyre Cover' add on? Does it cover punctures etc. or just tyre thefts?
chandra1 is offline  
Old 26th November 2018, 12:37   #4204
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,745
Thanked: 5,869 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quick question - for a stolen car, when do the cops generally issue a non traceable certificate so that I can submit it as part of the insurance claim required documents? (Claim made within 24 hours of the theft on 18/10 and all other documents have been submitted to the insurer).
hserus is offline  
Old 29th November 2018, 12:28   #4205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 82
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Really fed up with HDFC Ergo insurance. I have contacted them more than 6 times in last 4 days through phone and site for help with renewal. Every time they say they will call back. But No one cares to address the issue or give a call back. If this is the attitude when a customer is asking for renewal, you can guess how they will support at the time of claim. Moving to some other company and will never recommend HDFC Ergo to anyone.
chandra1 is offline  
Old 29th November 2018, 13:39   #4206
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 12
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ok quick cross check!
My 7 year old Yeti is going for its 8th Insurance renewal end of this month.
The IDV is 10 Lacs.
The Premium payable after 50% NCB and 60% Corporate Discount and all, still comes to Rs 21000/- which includes Drive Assure Classic which is like a semi zero dep.
The insurer is Bajaj Allianz. Ive been with them since the day I bought the Yeti.

Now, am just wondering if I can indeed get a better deal.
Because most of the other insurers whom I connected with arenít offering the same IDV and arenít offering the Drive Assure, though their premiums are more like in the 15000-18000 range.
What to do?
Stay with Bajaj ?
Or move on?
Sir i am very sorry i could not connect with you in time. I did not have permissions to DM you i suppose.

Have you already closed this with BAGIC? If not please let me know i will personally take this up.

Thanks
BlueMotionBrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 17:47   #4207
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,720
Thanked: 7,024 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMotionBrain View Post
Sir i am very sorry i could not connect with you in time. I did not have permissions to DM you i suppose.

Have you already closed this with BAGIC? If not please let me know i will personally take this up.

Thanks
Most kind sir.
Tonight midnight was the deadline so I paid the premium on Tuesday morning.
Iím expecting the policy any time now.
I ve paid for Drive Assure Classic - Premium was about 21000/-
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 29th November 2018, 17:50   #4208
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,745
Thanked: 5,869 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Quick question - for a stolen car, when do the cops generally issue a non traceable certificate so that I can submit it as part of the insurance claim required documents? (Claim made within 24 hours of the theft on 18/10 and all other documents have been submitted to the insurer).
Bumping this. Anyone who has gone through the process, please get in touch. Thanks.
hserus is offline  
Old 29th November 2018, 19:41   #4209
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,431
Thanked: 2,820 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I don't know if Digit can be trusted as there is not much info or reviews available.

Another query - what is the 'Tyre Cover' add on? Does it cover punctures etc. or just tyre thefts?
Digit is a new entrant to the motor insurance business and has been offering some really goof discounts on the car insurance. The buying experience of a few of my friends have been good. It needs to be confirmed whether the claim process is also equally good. But Digit should be good to go.

Tyre cover add on is basically to cover the costs of tyres and tubes during any claim. Please note that most Insurance cos offer this add on cover for only compensating tyre cost when claimed during an accident and not other wise. The compensation is based on the tread loss too which is a bit more complicated. Surprisingly only Royal Sundaram is an exception which provides the add on cover for claims other than accident too.
Quote:
1. Due to impact cuts, bursts.
2. Due to impact bulging of side wall excluding manufacturing defect, chemical or atmospheric damages
3. Flattening of Tyre due to Hard Braking.
You will need to read the T&C's of the add on cover before you want to opt for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Moving to some other company and will never recommend HDFC Ergo to anyone.
Surprising. My purchasing process was super smooth with HDFC ergo rep calling almost a month before the renewal date. Initially they didn't offer zero dep add on, but after negotiations they agreed to provide the same. If you are not satisfied with their response, you should find an alternative for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Quick question - for a stolen car, when do the cops generally issue a non traceable certificate so that I can submit it as part of the insurance claim required documents? (Claim made within 24 hours of the theft on 18/10 and all other documents have been submitted to the insurer).
Generally the non traceable certificate is issued to the complainant within 90 days of registering the complaint. This is as per one of my colleagues and for Mumbai police jurisdiction. I am unable to find any section under which the non traceability certificate needs to issued by police, if I get any info will post. All the best buddy.
Just check out these old posts for reference:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post2043586 (Car Stolen Need help)
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 19:59   #4210
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,745
Thanked: 5,869 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Generally the non traceable certificate is issued to the complainant within 90 days of registering the complaint. This is as per one of my colleagues and for Mumbai police jurisdiction.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post2043586 (Car Stolen Need help)
Thanks! Quite useful. I guess I just have to wait till mid January then.
hserus is offline  
Old 29th November 2018, 20:07   #4211
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 530
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I am in the market for a new car. Dealers are quoting Zero Depreciation as standard and few are saying it is mandatory to go for Zero Dep (forget about getting it from outside). Also they are saying the difference is only 10% in the premium value.

Can you please clarify the following?
1. What is the difference in premium between comprehensive vs zero depreciation?
2. Is it worth to pay that additional premium for the insurance?

Sorry I could not get the direct answer for this query with rational in the previous pages of this forum hence this question.
blorebuddy is offline  
Old 29th November 2018, 20:20   #4212
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,431
Thanked: 2,820 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I am in the market for a new car. Dealers are quoting Zero Depreciation as standard and few are saying it is mandatory to go for Zero Dep (forget about getting it from outside). Also they are saying the difference is only 10% in the premium value.

Can you please clarify the following?
1. What is the difference in premium between comprehensive vs zero depreciation?
2. Is it worth to pay that additional premium for the insurance?

Sorry I could not get the direct answer for this query with rational in the previous pages of this forum hence this question.
Few things first:
1) There is Comprehensive Insurance which is inclusive of Own damage and Third party Liability and Third party liability insurance. Only two types.
2) Zero depreciation is an add on cover in addition to the Comprehensive Insurance. This add on cover costs additional cost over and above the comprehensive insurance premium and is a must for the new cars.
3) Dealer will always charge a hefty premium for Insurance where as it is cheaper to buy directly from outside.

Since you are buying new car, you will have to pay 3 yrs Third party liability premium, I hope you aware of that. Enquire with the dealer with which Insurance co does the car manufacturer whose model you intend to buy has a national tie up with. Check out the premium quotes online on that Insurance co website. If the dealer is trying to arm twist you in buying the Insurance from them only, then ask them to compare their cost with online quote. If they don't you have every right to buy insurance from outside.

Take an informed decision.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 22:54   #4213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Bombay
Posts: 228
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Hi. My policy is up for renewal for the third year. I have had all add-ons possible available from the company till now, and wish to know the usefulness of two of these:

1. RTI (Return To Invoice)
2. Tyre Secure

I am aware exactly of what these are for, and what they allow. My question is more towards the practical benefits that these provide as these two add-ons alone make up 25% of the total premium amount for this year.

PS: RTI is available for the last time for the following year alone, it would not be an option from the 4th year anyway.

Edit: insurer is TATAAIG.

Last edited by ach1lles : 29th November 2018 at 22:55.
ach1lles is offline  
Old 30th November 2018, 07:45   #4214
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,431
Thanked: 2,820 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
My question is more towards the practical benefits that these provide as these two add-ons alone make up 25% of the total premium amount for this year.
RTI is beneficial only in case of total loss. Tyre secure is a bit more complicated process of claim reimbursement depending mainly on the tyre tread. IMHO I think you should chuck these two add ons provided you think your more of a sober driver and limited to city driving. If you are a frequent highway driver, then possibly you could keep it for an year or so.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 09:58   #4215
BHPian
 
shijanto4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 102
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Quick question - for a stolen car, when do the cops generally issue a non traceable certificate so that I can submit it as part of the insurance claim required documents? (Claim made within 24 hours of the theft on 18/10 and all other documents have been submitted to the insurer).
Sorry for this delayed reply. Here in Bengaluru, after about a month of theft, when we (my BIL's vehicle was stolen) went to cops to know the status, they said there is no progress still. After returning home from police station, one of the cops called and said there is no hope of finding the vehicle as chances are very less and that such cases from more than a year back are still pending. So, his advice - instead of waiting, if we can pay something, they will close the case and issue a letter for insurance claim. From their talk, it didn't look like they were bound to issue any certificate within 90 days or even after that, as mentioned by ghodlur for Mumbai. However, decided to wait for some more time, and finally, after others too suggesting it's of no use waiting for cops to find it, paid Rs. 500 and got that certificate after about three months of the theft. The theft happened in July 2018 and got the certificate from cops in October 2018. Insurance company said it will be processed within 45 days, but payment was credited much earlier than that. Again, this is all with respect to Bengaluru cops, so logic may differ from state to state. Hope this info helps.

Last edited by shijanto4 : 2nd December 2018 at 10:00.
shijanto4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks