Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 10:40   #4216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Currently I am with a duel with my car's insurance provider (ERGO) to bring down the renewal amount. But the Insurance renewal date for me is the 8th of March 2018.

So should I renew before that or do I have some grace period of 10-15 days as per the motor vehicles act.
As per the information I have, there may or may not be grace period for motor insurance (depending on the policy note). Even if you have a grace period which saves you from any penalties etc, I am certain that this would not cover any damages (yours or third party) after the contract has been ended. The contract date is mentioned on the policy and is till midnight of the last day of policy effectiveness. Accumulated NCB if any, is valid till 90 days after lapse of policy and can be carried forward only if you get a fresh policy done within this time.

My advice- why don't you try on portals like policybazar where you can compare the premiums/ IDV offered by multiple insurers. Select the best option rather than just haggling with Ergo. Or you may refer to the better quotes to Ergo and see if they can provide the cover matching those premiums.

Please do all this before last date of your policy.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:00   #4217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Please do all this before last date of your policy.
Some of the Insurance co do not allow online renewals 4-5 days before the policy expiry date. It is always better to get the policy renewed atleast fortnight before the policy expiry.

The policy can be renewed after the policy expiry date too however the vehicle then needs an inspection as per some Insurance cos.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:50   #4218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
This explanation was given by Coverfox or Tata AIG?
=======i.e 20% which is wrong in case you have 50% NCB eligibility. Suggest to speak to Tata AIG again for the clarification.

Thanks. Re-checked about the premium with both coverfox and tata aig. Did not get a definitive answer over the phone. I have written to them, but have not received any reply till now. I will update in case I hear something relevant.
Old 2nd March 2018, 15:36   #4219
Senior - BHPian

My insurance for the 5 year old car is due on the 20th of March. I have 50% NCB and was looking at getting something which can provide both 0 Dep and NCB protector. But looks like the 0 dep is out of question and most providers do not offer NCB protector for a 5 year old car. What are my options if I at least want to get a NCB protector add on?
Old 3rd March 2018, 12:29   #4220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
My insurance for the 5 year old car is due on the 20th of March. I have 50% NCB and was looking at getting something which can provide both 0 Dep and NCB protector. But looks like the 0 dep is out of question and most providers do not offer NCB protector for a 5 year old car. What are my options if I at least want to get a NCB protector add on?
Options are not many. Most of these add on covers are at the whim of the Insurance cos. Few days back I learnt that a 8 yr old car was offered zero dep add on cover which surprised me when most of the Insurance cos offer the cover till 5 yrs of ownership only.

Did you check with Royal Sundaram? They might offer you the NCB protection add on cover if you are new customer to them.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 13:47   #4221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
ZeroDep would be available with Oriental and NCB protector with Royal Sundaram.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 02:29   #4222
Senior - BHPian

Ultimately could renew the policy (ERGO) with one day to spare and as per my requirements. A few emails here and a few tweets there helped me.
Old 7th March 2018, 19:32   #4223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
ZeroDep would be available with Oriental and NCB protector with Royal Sundaram.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
O
Did you check with Royal Sundaram? They might offer you the NCB protection add on cover if you are new customer to them.
Thanks both of you, I renewed with RS, they provided both NCB protector and 0 dep. I had inquired on Bankbazaar as well and they provided a quote with HDFC ergo for almost the same amount, but went with RS considering they are the preferred partners with Maruti Suzuki.
Old 12th March 2018, 19:17   #4224
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: 24,000 km up!

Hey guys, had a question on which insurance company would you suggest for a new Kawasaki bike? Booked the Vulcan and the insurance from the showroom is coming up to Rs. 17.5k with zero dep and RTI from a company called Universal Sompo. Are these insurances dealer specific or standard across all showrooms? Attached the quote that they have sent. Is this fine?
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-image.png  

Last edited by Shome : 12th March 2018 at 19:24.
Old 12th March 2018, 19:22   #4225
Team-BHP Support

Insurance is always local dealer tie ups. Also you can take on your own from outside also. Important thing to check is if the insurance has all the needed cover and the particular dealer offers a cashless transaction in case of a claim.

ps: paid driver for a bike :P
Old 12th March 2018, 19:31   #4226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Insurance is always local dealer tie ups. Also you can take on your own from outside also. Important thing to check is if the insurance has all the needed cover and the particular dealer offers a cashless transaction in case of a claim.

ps: paid driver for a bike :P
One of the main reasons I posted this in the other thread was to get some guidance from the current owners. I know we can take from outside etc etc, but I just wanted to check and confirm if everything has been covered or not and if I should be looking for any other add ons
Old 13th March 2018, 13:19   #4227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
One of the main reasons I posted this in the other thread was to get some guidance from the current owners. I know we can take from outside etc etc, but I just wanted to check and confirm if everything has been covered or not and if I should be looking for any other add ons
All these are standard across insurance companies, vehicles and brands. Same with rip off's that dealers push along with it.

For a costly bike:

- Zero depreciation full cover, for first few years
- Engine cover if the insurance offers
- Add accessory value separate, if you plan to add them
- Maximum third party and passenger cover if you plan to do lot of 2 up riding
- Ideally cashless
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:50   #4228
BHPian

My Endeavour will be completing 1 year in May-2018. I checked my insurance Policy today and to my surprise I saw Tata motors name there and can't spot Bajaj Allianz name anywhere. I remember the dealer told me that the company name is Bajaj Allianz - zero dep insurance policy but don't remember if I checked this at the time of delivery.

Can anyone help me on below points?

1. Is my car insured from Bajaj Allianz or Tata motors.
2. Considering that I am eligible for NCB what will be the approx amount this year.
3. I have started receiving calls from various insurance companies shall i continue with the current one or can opt for others.
4. The Ex-showroom price I remember was 31.5L can that be changed by Ford.

Attaching the policy pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_20180323_173302.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2018, 18:56   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
My Endeavour will be completing 1 year in May-2018.

Bajaj Allianz has IRDA registration number 113 dated May 2, 2001. This can be seen at the top of the picture that you have shared. Hope this helps!

Last edited by ampere : 27th March 2018 at 19:55. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 19:45   #4230
BHPian

Dear all,

Insurance renewal for my year old i20 is coming up next month. I've got quotes for Bharti AXA and Bajaj Allianz. Both have the same IDV and same premium including zero depreciation add on. I've the below doubts:

1. They told me that for zero dep, in case of accident I'd still have to pay for consumables. Also engine protector is an add on cover for protection against floods and other issues unrelated to accident. If I want the engine protector and zero consumables payment then the premium will be 3k more. Is it necessary to take the engine protector? Because if it's an accident and the engine is damaged then even the engine parts are covered.

2. Out of Bharti AXA and Bajaj Allianz which one is a better option? Both are under Hyundai Assurance Program. My current policy is of Bajaj Allianz and for my i10 also I've Bajaj from the beginning. I've had very good experience with Bajaj in both OD and TP claims when my i10 met with an accident. So my first choice is Bajaj. The reason why I'm bit confused is, 2-3 different Hyundai dealers have suggested Bharti AXA as their claim process is easier and less time consuming than Bajaj Allianz. I checked this with the body shop department and the claim department of Hyundai dealer as well (maybe Bharti AXA gives them better commission )

Kindly advice.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Dhananjay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks