Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 21:44   #4726
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post

Not sure about this. IIRC 65% NCB limit was prevailing many years ago. Almost every insurer offers maximum 50% NCB nowadays.
Thank you. Managed to convince Tata aig to honour the existing 65% ncb and got it renewed from them. Royal sundaram, who'd been ignoring me for more than a week finally woke up after I sent them Tatas quote and matched their offer, but I'd already renewed it with Tata by the time they finally responded.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 21:53   #4727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Royal sundaram matched their offer, but I'd already renewed it with Tata by the time they finally responded.
Wow, so did they come down to 45k from 60k?
Old 15th March 2020, 23:10   #4728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Wow, so did they come down to 45k from 60k?
Yup. Their first quote was absolutely ridiculous. They'd inflated the own damage part of the insurance to offset the NCB that I was supposed to get. Later on they just reduced it to the expected value.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 03:00   #4729
BHPian

Renewed my 2017 Ford Aspire TDCi Titanium insurance for this year from HDFC ERGO.

IDV - Rs. 5.8L
Type - Comprehensive
Add on - Zero Dep / Engine Protection Cover / PA
NCB - YES (I think it was 25%)

Total Premium - Rs. 15.6K (incl GST)

I opted out of road side assistance cover & consumables.

Can anyone tell me, how is this road side assistance cover different from manufacturer given road side assistance?

I have 5 years of extended warranty policy which includes RSA also. So I wonder how is this insurance given RSA different from Ford given RSA?

Last of all, I could have saved another Rs. 500/- by opting out of Personal Accident cover but unfortunately the HDFC ERGO website felt bit confusing with their interface where I could not differentiate between that YES/NO toggle switch and ended up paying for it with sleepy eyes

Last edited by NaXal : 18th March 2020 at 03:01.
Old 18th March 2020, 07:03   #4730
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Can we transfer NCB from old car to new car even though the owner of the new car is different?
I mean my old car was in my wife's name and new car would be in my name. Will I still be able to transfer the NCB?
Old 21st March 2020, 11:19   #4731
BHPian

Dear Members,

I have been using my uncle's civic (1.8v manual, 2008) for some years. For a long time now I had to do third party insurance, costing me around 9.3k.
It is still costing me 9.3 today for the renewal of TP.

Two years ago I assisted a gentleman in getting his polo (1.2, manual, 2016) insurance done, third party, his total was around 3.5k.

Why is a TP cover of Polo 2016 costing 3.5k and 2008 civic 9.3k!?

Does IDV matter in TP?
(the lowest IDV I got on Coverfox was 2.78L. One cannot go lower than that, with highest around 4.15L Does this mean I can sell my car around 4.5L?)

Requesting guidance.
Old 21st March 2020, 11:25   #4732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh View Post
Why is a TP cover of Polo 2016 costing 3.5k and 2008 civic 9.3k!?

Does IDV matter in TP?
Third party rates vary depending on models- not on the basis of IDV (since there is no IDV required in TP policy) but on the basis of engine capacity in terms of cubic capacity.

The engine capacity of Civic falls in the highest slab of 1500CC & above which is Rs 7890 + 18% GST which will come to Rs. 9310. Compare this to less than 1000CC engine which is Rs 2072/- . 1000 to 1500cc is 3221/- + 18% GST.

Trust that helps.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 09:50   #4733
BHPian

I have a wagon R (2017) 1.0L 998cc VXI+AMT car. My current insurance is with united India. I have difficulty in renewal online through their website. I am not sure how good it is, did it last year in haste. I would like to know what are among the best options for me for insurance this year. I have never made a claim until now. I have checked prices in coverfox and policy bazaar (mentioned below), the price with coverfox is slightly higher than policy bazaar. My previous IDV was 4.22L with no claim bonus of 25%. My policy has not expired, so i need guidance for renewal.

Kindly guide me from the below options (quote from policy Bazzar): Comprehensive plan, NCB 35%, 0% dep and mandatory personal accident cover (owner).
Do I need Zero dep?

COMPANY IDV (in lakh) Premium (excludes GST) in rupees
Reliance 3.55 6.5k
Edelweiss 3.75 6.6k
Liberty Gen Insur 3.45 6.8k
Future Gen 3.75 7.2k
Oriental 3.07 7.7k
United 3.07 8k
HDFC Ergo 3.58 8.2k
Royal Sundaram 3.56 8.2k
Bajaj Allianz 3.38 8.4k
SBI 3.75 8.5k
TATA 3.75 8.6k
I service my car at a regular MASS, that is listed with royal sundaram
Kindly help me in making a choice. I would prefer insurance which has lesser hassles in case a claim arises. Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 13:07   #4734
Senior - BHPian

Insurance of my Sep'2017 Honda City V-MT is expiring on 31/03/2020. renewal cost from Tata_AIG is Rs.17338 with 20% NCB. I got a quote from Digit of 14k. Any suggestions?

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-d014381644_10783076300945448_quote2.jpg
Old 6th April 2020, 08:53   #4735
BHPian

Re: Swift VDi Insurance expires on 15/04?

The Swift VDi(2009) insurance is expiring on 15/04. Now, with lockdown, I would NOT know how I can renew the same. The current policy is with 'National Insurance' via Maruti Insurance. The Mandovi shop near our place, used to urge us to buy insurance from 'Maruti', so that claims would be cashless and easy.

I tried checking for a quote on 'Digit' and it came to around 7K for a comprehensive cover. How is the claim process with 'Digit'? Any here, with experience?

Last edited by JMaruru : 6th April 2020 at 09:07.
Old 6th April 2020, 10:16   #4736
Senior - BHPian

You can just go to the National Insurance site and renew your policy online.

Maruti Insurance is just the agent / broker in this.

https://nationalinsuranceindia.nic.c...enewPolicyPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The Swift VDi(2009) insurance is expiring on 15/04. Now, with lockdown, I would NOT know how I can renew the same. The current policy is with 'National Insurance' via Maruti Insurance. The Mandovi shop near our place, used to urge us to buy insurance from 'Maruti', so that claims would be cashless and easy.

I tried checking for a quote on 'Digit' and it came to around 7K for a comprehensive cover. How is the claim process with 'Digit'? Any here, with experience?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 17:20   #4737
BHPian

Folks - My 2nd year insurance is up for renewal and I'm collecting quotes from couple of agents. I want some clarification on couple of points related to RTI.

I was told by someone that if one gets RTI add-on, its okay to reduce the IDV to 15% instead of the normal 10%, since in case of a claim, the RTI makes you full. All good so far. Now, the agent sends me a quote for IDV at 10% less than last year and an invoice value which is slightly less than the invoice value I had paid when I purchased the car.

I asked her why the invoice value is different and she says - the invoice value mentioned on the policy is not the invoice value one paid during purchase, but the invoice value of the car in the market during policy renewal. Is this true?

Now, I went ahead and asked her to give me a quote with a lower IDV, based on the theory that since I'm getting RTI, I will not be in the ocean if there is a total loss or theft claim. Lo and behold, she came back with a quote which has an even lower invoice value mentioned on the proposal than the first time. On challenging her, the story changed this time - apparently the invoice value is tied to the IDV and since I asked her to lower the IDV, the invoice value went down as well. - Is the agent trying to fleece me?

Please help me navigate this, someone.
Old 8th April 2020, 22:00   #4738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You can just go to the National Insurance site and renew your policy online.

Maruti Insurance is just the agent / broker in this.

https://nationalinsuranceindia.nic.c...enewPolicyPage
For some reason, it throws up this message 'Your quote is open, Kindly ask the office to send it to “Print Renewal Notice”.'

Would you know, what they are trying to convey here?
Old 8th April 2020, 22:56   #4739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
For some reason, it throws up this message 'Your quote is open, Kindly ask the office to send it to “Print Renewal Notice”.'

Would you know, what they are trying to convey here?
Call their call centre or email their support with this message and they will generate a renewal quote for you.
Old 8th April 2020, 23:56   #4740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Call their call centre or email their support with this message and they will generate a renewal quote for you.
As I am in a different timezone, calling would be little difficult. Also, would NOT know whether they are running their call center OR will they answer email queries. The insurance expires on 15th. The govt. may extend the lock-down. So, the worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks