Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2021, 12:48   #5086
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavingflag View Post
With Toyota Protect, RSA was seamless and I got flatbed service without any hassles when my car refused to start. And in 2018 I availed RSA from Honda Assure and again service was pretty good.
I would like to seek advice from team BHP members as I never used RSA from independent(Not sure if I choose the right word here) Insurance Providers
I had HDFC ERGO and Royal sundaram RSA in the past. I have used them quite a few times
1.HDFC - My car was parked overnight on roadside when I had to visit a friends place. My car refused to start in the morning. Lodged RSA request - a tow vehicle(not flat bed) was sent within 2 hours and Car was taken to the nearest Hyundai ASS. It was rat bite incident. 700 Rs at ASS and 100 Rs tip to the Tow driver was the out of pocket expense.
2.Royal Sundaram - My 2009 i10 had some battery charging issue and would stall at road side randomly and three times this happened Royal sundaram RSA came in handy and Jump cable with spare batter was sent within one hour and I was on the way and once during the rains when a flat tyre happened they assisted in taking the tyre to nearest repair shop.
Old 11th November 2021, 15:04   #5087

Noopster and Aadya- Thank you for your quick reply.
I am planning to visit Toyota Dealership on Saturday to finalize the quote. If they stick to their 24K premium, I will opt for RS who quoted 17.5K for the same add ons.
Old 17th November 2021, 12:55   #5088

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavingflag View Post
I am planning to visit Toyota Dealership on Saturday to finalize the quote.
Finally renewed my Insurance from Toyota Protect. New insurance is from ICICI Lombard and they charged me 23500/-. It includes Nil depreciation, Consumables, Engine protection and RTI. IDV is pretty low - 5.5Lacs.

Renewal experience at Toyota Protect was not so good- their online renewal portal(TTIBI) was in maintenance mode for the last one week, Communication from Toyota Dealership(Insurance dept) was pathetic as they never called me back as promised. But finally when I escalated the matter to a contact which I got from TTIBI portal, the dealership Insurance dept started calling me and updated me with a new quote with required add-ons. Dealership rep later told me that the delay in communication was due to their portal issues. The payment options were also not so good as they insisted on NEFT payment, but later I got their GPay QR code and finished the payment. This issue was again due to their portal glitches( Normally customer would get a payment URL as SMS or mail with which he/she can complete the payment online)

On the other hand, the Proposal from Royal Sundaram was pretty good(7.5 Lac IDV and premium of 17.5K including all Add ons). The Agent was having good knowledge on each component and answered all my queries. Even When I told him that I will proceed with Toyota Protect, he was ok with that and just reminded me to renew it on that day itself as the existing one was expiring on the next day. Maybe I will go with RS next time.
Old 22nd November 2021, 17:16   #5089
BHPian

Hello,

Getting a first car and insurance for Kia Seltos GTX+ diesel. Can anyone please suggest insurance companies to go for? Also what addons to go for?

Should I go with dealer or online?

Thank you
Old 23rd November 2021, 01:42   #5090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Getting a first car and insurance for Kia Seltos GTX+ diesel. Can anyone please suggest insurance companies to go for? Also what addons to go for? Should I go with dealer or online?
Check out HDFC Ergo, ICICI Lombard or Royal Sundaram. Ask your dealer to match the quote, in case the dealer's quote is monumentally higher.

The add-ons that you should definitely opt for:
Engine Protect
Consumables
RTI
Zero Depreciation
Rat Bite
Key Lost/Stolen
RSA.
Old 23rd November 2021, 01:48   #5091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Check out HDFC Ergo, ICICI Lombard or Royal Sundaram. Ask your dealer to match the quote, in case the dealer's quote is monumentally higher.

The add-ons that you should definitely opt for:
Engine Protect
Consumables
RTI
Zero Depreciation
Rat Bite
Key Lost/Stolen
RSA.
Thank you..I did not find rat bite add on though in HDFC Ergo.

btw, what about IDV for Electrical accessories/IDV for Non-electrical accessories? is it something that is required?
Old 24th November 2021, 15:49   #5092
BHPian

I have a query on what Hyundai Authorized service center is telling me. My car's AC stopped working one fine day and I have given my car to Hyundai service who have diagnosed the issue is due to rat bite. Curiously, the service advisor calls up and informs me that change in wiring (even due to rat bite!) will lead to issues in insurance claims later as car history is checked during claims. So he advised me to get the change billed under something else like brake cleaning. I found this illogical. So I have requested for the actual bill and not a made up one.

Can someone please throw some light on this wiring change from service history and claims process? Are they taking me for a ride or there is some reason behind this? My thinking is nothing additional is being added electrically and I am just getting a damaged part from an authorized service center so things should be fine?

Last edited by pacman2881 : 24th November 2021 at 15:50.
Old 25th November 2021, 14:03   #5093
Senior - BHPian

Very strange thing happened today so want to understand from fellow Bhpians if I should be concerned.

I exchanged my old car for a new one at the dealership about one and a half months back. I got an acknowledgement on dealer letterhead and was told that it might take upto 3-4 months for them to find a new buyer and RC transfer.

Today I got a call from insurance company that there is a claim registered on my car so they were calling me to verify. I immediately called the dealer and he mentioned that car has been sold about a week ago and RC transfer is in process. However the new buyer has met with small accident (broken windshield but no injury or third party involved) and car has come to the dealership for repair work hence the claim has been submitted.

I'm wondering if I should take it up with the dealer? Or it doesn't matter as long as there is no physical injuries? It is not impacting me in anyway since I do not need NCB benefit as the new car is registered on a different name.

What I think has happened is that either the dealer wants to get some work done by claiming insurance and then sell it for better price or the new buyer wants to get it done on my insurance before he transfer it to his name so that he doesn't lose NCB in future. Either way it doesn't impact me but I want to make sure there is no potential issue. That's why need some inputs if anyone has any suggestion or experience to share. Should I be concerned and confront the dealer?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 25th November 2021 at 14:06.
Old 30th November 2021, 00:44   #5094
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Hi all, as I am about to complete one year of ownership, my insurance is due for renewal. I would really appreciate your help in getting clarity on the following points :

1. What exactly is Honda Assure? Can't see anything like that mentioned on my policy papers. Does it mean that when you get or renew the policy from a Honda showroom you get the Honda Assure thing?

2. Iffco Tokyo is my insurer. Can I get the policy renewed online via Iffco Tokyo? Will that still give me Honda Assure privileges? Or I have to get it done via Honda showroom?

3. Following was a note from a Honda personnel :

"Note:-

If you will change the Insurance company, then your premium will be reduced, but your responsibilities will be increased at the time of claim & endorsements. At the time of claim, you have to share the Third party claim NOC with new insurance company, then they will repair your vehicle. At the time endorsement, you have to do the changes in both policies (i.e. IFFCO Tokio & new insurance company)."

What does this mean exactly and how much of a hassle is there if I change my insurer?

Need to understand this before I renew my insurance.
Old 30th November 2021, 11:49   #5095
BHPian

Hello all,

I have to renew the insurance for my Ford Freestyle 1.2P T+ BS4 2018 model.

I have reached out to Ford dealer and they have given me the below quote after checking previous IDV and policy details :
- IDV - 582000
- Add ons - Engine Protector, Key Cover, Nil Dep
- Since this is 4th year, I also need to buy 3rd party insurance as well

Premium - INR 18363

I have attached the quote I have received as well. Please let me know if this is good or should I look at other alternatives as ICICI, Acko etc.

I also wanted to check how good are Acko and GoDigit? Are they accepted at the official Ford and other garages?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BHASKARA VENKATESH GURUMURTHY.pdf (256.7 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by bhaskar.guru : 30th November 2021 at 12:15. Reason: additional point added
Old 2nd December 2021, 21:14   #5096
RMN
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Could you please let me know what do we need to do when someone has made an insurance claim against us? In this case, the person had a fracture and they are seeking compensation. If we do have insurance, is there anything that we need to do other than provide the cops the insurance copy? Should we respond to anything or will the insurer take care of that?
Old 3rd December 2021, 07:30   #5097
BHPian

Cross posting query here as it seems more appropriate to ask here:
Quote:

Hello BHPians,

My car had an accident a couple of days ago and is currently in service centre for repairs, mainly to the front right side where front fender and driver door has to be replaced. Also, the front left side suspension broke and I believe most of the suspension components will need to be replaced.

Now, I have following questions:
1. Since I had zero depreciation insurance cover along with additional coverage for engine and gearbox, do I have to pay for any charges except for the approx. 1000 INR file charges?

2. Are consumables like fluids, nuts, boltsetc. covered in zero depreciation insurance coverage ?

3. Since my car is just an year old and it carries a standard warranty of 5 years, will Hyundai as a manufacturer honour warranty claims, if any during next 4 years. For the record, Hyundai is aware of the accident repair as bill amount of 1 lac is visible in the Hyundai care app against accidental breakdown category.
Original thread: Link (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)
Old 3rd December 2021, 08:14   #5098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Zero dep add on cover does not include consumables cost which will have to borne separately by the customer. So it will consumables + 1000 rs cost for the owner.
Warranty claims are honoured by the Insurance cos and not by Hyundai who just do the repair works. Yes, the repair works will be visible in Hyundai system all across India workshops. Your headache is the Insurance co who may brand you as a high risk customer and increase the premium, refuse zero dep add on etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
I have to renew the insurance for my Ford Freestyle 1.2P T+ BS4 2018 model.
Ensure that the premium quote is for the correct IDV which should be 10% less than last year's IDV.

The bifurcation for the addons isnt very clear, suggest to ask the Insurer to provide the same in the quote.

TPL is a mandatory requirement for any car irrespective of years of ownership.

If Ford workshop have a cashless facility with Insurers you mentioned, it shouldnt be an issue. Otherwise you will need to pay upfront and later claim from Insurance co which could be an issue since Insurance co may not approve of the entire charges. So better stick to the Insurance co which has a cashless tie up with Ford workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
Could you please let me know what do we need to do when someone has made an insurance claim against us? In this case, the person had a fracture and they are seeking compensation. If we do have insurance, is there anything that we need to do other than provide the cops the insurance copy? Should we respond to anything or will the insurer take care of that?
If the personal injury has been due to a motor vehicle then TPL part of the Insurance will kick in and the claim will be handles by the Insurance co. However ensure the genuiness of the claim before involving the Insurance co. Also check if this can be settled outside the Insurance ambit coz once you raise a claim, Insurance cos will ask for FIR, cops involvement etc which is time consuming and a lot of mental stress. Consult a lawyer if required. Take an informed decision.
ghodlur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 08:20   #5099
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If the personal injury has been due to a motor vehicle then TPL part of the Insurance will kick in and the claim will be handles by the Insurance co. However ensure the genuiness of the claim before involving the Insurance co. Also check if this can be settled outside the Insurance ambit coz once you raise a claim, Insurance cos will ask for FIR, cops involvement etc which is time consuming and a lot of mental stress. Consult a lawyer if required. Take an informed decision.
Thank you for the reply. In this case, it is genuine & the amount is high. Cops were involved and FIR was registered and even the cops said the insurance will handle it & there isn't anything we need to do. Even when the case was registered, both us and the insurance party were mentioned as the respondents. Since we were told that the insurance will take care of it, we did not respond to it and assumed the insurance will/might have. But insurance never got in touch with us so I'm really unsure. Its been over 6 months and now we have been called to the court. So just wanted to make sure if there was anything that I should have done and if I'm legally on the safe side?
Old 4th December 2021, 13:28   #5100
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks - an insurance question.
A friend is planning to buy a new S-Cross Zeta AT (doesn't own a car currently, so can't transfer NCB).

The dealer offered insurance as per price list is Rs.40,105 and says "ZD + EC + RTI 1 year OD". What's EC here ?

Appreciate any guidance on what to choose (is it worth getting 3/5 year coverage at the time of buying, etc) and also if we can get a better quote from outside - he plans to take the employer offered Orix lease plan so I'm not sure if it would be possible to buy insurance of his choice from outside since it won't be part of the Proforma invoice from dealer in that case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks