Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2022, 15:29   #5176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Hi, it could be possible that this add-on is unavailable with some insurers but I don't see any reason why it will be irrelevant for first year. My understanding is that, if one has opted for NCB protect for a brand new car, he/she will be entitled to 20% NCB at the time of renewal if there is a claim in the first year (i.e. 1 or 2 claims will be counted as zero claims as long as policy is renewed through same insurer). Without this add-on, NCB at the time of renewal will be 0%. So it is very much relevant even for first year policy. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I had the same impression and asked this query to the insurance customer care. They explained the way I shared in my previous post. This add on is to protect current NCB and not what's going to be in future(next renewal). Since current NCB for née policy is zero, so this add on was not available. Not sure how truthful the customer care was though.

If you have better luck with any insurance company, then you should take it

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 9th April 2022 at 15:34.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 18:31   #5177

I have a general Query on Bike Insurance. My Bike is TVS apache 200 ABS Variant purchased in 2018. My previous Insurance for 3 years was with ICICI with Zero Depreciation and is expiring soon. I am looking to take a new Insurance policy since the previous one is expiring in a week's time. While looking at the different policies and their quotes, I got a couple of queries.

1. As said my bike is the TVS Apache 200 ABS Variant. While looking at Digit, Acko, HDFC and other insurance providers, very few of them have the ABS variant listed on their website. Most of them just say RTR Apace 200. Is this okay since or do I take the Insurance form only those who have the complete model name mentioned. I also looked at the RC Card and noticed that the model mentioned is Just TVS Apache RTR 200

2. I noticed that in the existing ICICI insurance the IDV is at 65000 INR for the final 3rd year leg (1st year at 87000, 2nd year at 76000 and finally at 65000). Now while taking a new insurance I have the option of taking a plan with Higher IDV upto 75000 INR. I am okay paying a higher premium for this. But since the previous insurance's IDV would be lower (65000 < 75000 INR) will it create any problem?

I am more leaning towards Acko since we also have a corporate Health Insurance from them and it would be helpful if most of the insurances are from the same provider.
Old 19th April 2022, 14:33   #5178
BHPian

So , I have been with acko for my car insurance for the past 3 years. As my observations go , with reducing IDV year on year , somehow my premium was only raising every year and not on downward trend.

Nonetheless , my query goes as follows. I had a hydrostatic locked engine in my current period and I had to claim my insurance for the very first time in 3 policy periods.

Process was smooth and car is back on road. Now when it is time for next renewal with 2 months left , I was pushed a lot for renewing it a month ahead to which i did not oblige and wanted to renew after few weeks.

Fast forward , 2 weeks to expiry , ACKO portal doesn't give me any plans to choose. I called up customer care and they say they have no control and that i cannot renew this year. Confirmed it's not a glitch in software and it's purely algorithm based.

Can someone shed some light here? Am i blacklisted? If yes , then on what basis? why did I have the choice to renew earlier but not now?
Old 19th April 2022, 22:29   #5179
BANNED

I am looking for car insurance. When I check some popular aggregator websites, they are showing huge discount on "Basic Own Damage Premium". E.g 23k discount for 28k "Basic Own Damage Premium".

But when I check the actual insurance company's website, such discount is not available.

Whats the catch ?
swageo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 18:56   #5180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Can someone shed some light here? Am i blacklisted? If yes , then on what basis? why did I have the choice to renew earlier but not now?
I see this reference :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nt-claims.html (Tata-AIG refuses to renew my insurance policy, due to accident claims!)

Still I had one genuine claim and not multiple claims for them to deny me a renewal. I also do understand that may be companies try to move away from high risk customers just because there was one high value claim in last period.
Old 20th April 2022, 19:56   #5181
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I am looking for car insurance. When I check some popular aggregator websites, they are showing huge discount on "Basic Own Damage Premium". E.g 23k discount for 28k "Basic Own Damage Premium".

But when I check the actual insurance company's website, such discount is not available.

Whats the catch ?
Help help. Why such difference when go via policy bazar and actual insurance companies website ?
Old 20th April 2022, 20:02   #5182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Help help. Why such difference when go via policy bazar and actual insurance companies website ?
One of the reasons could be that policy Bazar is putting some high NCB? Or are they excluding some add ons?

Otherwise you can call the customer care of insurance company for a best quote and many times they come up with competitive quotes.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 20th April 2022 at 20:12.
Old 20th April 2022, 20:07   #5183
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen this earlier. The insurance companies website shows mostly the published tariff. But you can get almost same amount of discount if you talk to customer care executive or request for call back from the company itself (called Internet direct marketing in private companies). They will be able to generate quote with discounts applied. I guess it may have to do with the commissions.
Old 21st April 2022, 00:18   #5184
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys I had got ms chola insurance with my dzire in 2020 which was 1st year comprehensive and then 3 yrs 3rd party. Can I get comprehensive again since it expired after 1st year? Policy bazaar doesn't give me the option.
Old 21st April 2022, 08:52   #5185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hi guys I had got ms chola insurance with my dzire in 2020 which was 1st year comprehensive and then 3 yrs 3rd party. Can I get comprehensive again since it expired after 1st year? Policy bazaar doesn't give me the option.
AFAIK if the insurance has expired then the insurance company needs to survey the vehicle before issuing new policy. That might be the reason you are not able to see online option. I guess you have to buy it offline.
Old 27th April 2022, 08:55   #5186
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

My sister 4 months old Honda Jazz has gone for insurance claim after a parking lot mishap when she parked couple of days ago. There are heavy damages in rear which is covered but the sides aren't being covered.

I spoke with Bajaj Allianz Surveyor who said all sides are not possible. He says he need proof like camera feed to authenticate damage is from this event.

He requested to send more pictures of parking lot and so on - but non committal about covering all side damages.

The Honda body shop is simply chasing to ahead and spend 20k from my pocket.

Could someone help what's the way forward to ensure all side coverage. Is there a grievances portal from IRDA to post this and get the insurer to cover all damages ? She paid 42k for insurance IIRC.

The neighbor car is also damaged which I need to own up as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th April 2022, 09:05   #5187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Hi Everyone,

My sister 4 months old Honda Jazz has gone for insurance claim after a parking lot mishap when she parked couple of days ago. There are heavy damages in rear which is covered but the sides aren't being covered.

I spoke with Bajaj Allianz Surveyor who said all sides are not possible. He says he need proof like camera feed to authenticate damage is from this event.
It happened with me a long time ago in my earlier car when I was in dense traffic and got hit on one side which led to me hitting another vehicle on other side consequently. The service advisor mentioned that I may not get claim for both sides but the surveyer approved the claim after some discussion. He opined that generally people try to club older damages in a single claim but a surveyer can easily make out if damage is fresh or old to decide if claim is genuine. I am assuming your case is genuine so please talk to the surveyer about his objection. You can also try to take help of the service center as they normally have good rapport with them and can help out. Otherwise escalation is your only other option. Do you by any chance have CCTV footage of the incident ? Or any recent photo of car (specially of areas claimed) before the accident?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 27th April 2022 at 09:25.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 11:41   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
Hi Everyone,

....I spoke with Bajaj Allianz Surveyor who said all sides are not possible. He says he need proof like camera feed to authenticate damage is from this event.
The common practice is whenever a fresh insurance is issued by a company they do a thorough survey of the car and any existing major scratch/dent/damage is noted and become excluded from the future claims. Whenever we claim from the company, if the damage is not previously noted it is assumed to be new and hence covered. About claiming damages on both sides, we need to write in detail the exact scenario/sequence of the events leading to the damages.

Therefore, it is not clear why the surveyor would insist for CCTV footage for verifying claims for a new car and I would like to suggest you talk to the insurance company and ask for explanation.
raktim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 12:41   #5189
BHPian

I am currently buying car in 580023 Hubli. I am planning to purchase Acko insurance but it is not available for my pincode. We are shifting to Bangalore within 3 months. Is it alright if I buy insurance putting Bangalore pincode?
PS: My RTO pin is available and no issues in that. I am asking only for insurance coverage pin code.
Old 3rd May 2022, 09:45   #5190
BHPian

I bought a car insurance policy from coverfox and typed the wrong expiry date of the old policy. Can it be changed?
If it can't be changed any effect on claims?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks