Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2023, 20:32   #5416
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Thanks for the clarification. However, I saw somewhere that PA cover of 15 lakhs is mandatory. Please correct me if I am wrong. I just found that HDFC ERGO is bit clear about this. But some insurers are not showing that. I suppose it's better to confirm before buying as companies can always mess up later.
Old 16th May 2023, 06:49   #5417
BHPian

I have Edelweiss vet insurance which is up for renewal next week.

The Honda ASS has sent me Zuno insurance; don’t know how good it is? I have Honda iVtec 2006 make and am used to long drives…love the car!

IDV - 265871
Premium - 6760

Do let me know your views, if Zuno is a good car insurance company..
Old 16th May 2023, 10:41   #5418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
I have Edelweiss vet insurance which is up for renewal next week.

The Honda ASS has sent me Zuno insurance; don’t know how good it is? I have Honda iVtec 2006 make and am used to long drives…love the car!

IDV - 265871
Premium - 6760

Do let me know your views, if Zuno is a good car insurance company..
Zuno is the new name for Edelweiss. So your experience should be similar.
Old 16th May 2023, 10:59   #5419
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
However, I saw somewhere that PA cover of 15 lakhs is mandatory.
I don't think anything except 3rd party insurance is mandatory as per RTO rules.
Old 16th May 2023, 18:56   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. However, I saw somewhere that PA cover of 15 lakhs is mandatory. Please correct me if I am wrong. I just found that HDFC ERGO is bit clear about this. But some insurers are not showing that. I suppose it's better to confirm before buying as companies can always mess up later.
It is wrong to assume that PA cover will come bundled with the policy. There are cases where insurers can issue policy without PA cover. As PA cover is linked to owner, the same document is valid for all vehicles under his/her name. In cases where vehicle owners declares that they do not possess a valid driving licence or have one PA cover already, insurers will exclude PA cover from the policy.

So it's better to confirm with customer care and double check in policy breakup before proceeding.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 11:34   #5421
BHPian

Hi all,

I purchased a Maruti Suzuki S Cross Zeta last year on 26 May, and have an impending insurance renewal for the same. Upon enquiry from the dealer, they are quoting me some amount for the insurance, and when I looked in the market, I'm getting the insurance at a significantly lower price. When I conveyed the same to the dealer, the dealer says Maruti does not have a tie up with Future Generalli (the insurance provider from the market), and hence in case of a claim, I'll have to pay the money upfront, and get it paid back to me by the insurance company, whereas the person who is selling me the Future Generalli insurance says such is not the case, and the car shall be subject to cash less claims, even at Maruti Suzuki Service Centres.

This fiasco has left me utterly confused and I'm unable to understand who among the two parties is truthful and correct.

Kindly help me with the same. Looking forward to valuable suggestions and advices.

Thanks
Piyush
Old 17th May 2023, 12:00   #5422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush19 View Post
This fiasco has left me utterly confused and I'm unable to understand who among the two parties is truthful and correct.
The dealer chap is BSing you, don't give heed to it. You can buy Insurance from outside and raise claims easily in case of any requirement. Just speak to the Maruti workshop where you generally service your car and find out the claim process with Future Generali. Incase good you can go ahead and buy Insurance from Future Generali.
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:30   #5423
BHPian

I am on the policy bazaar website for my Creta insurance renewal. Just to look around, I changed the IDV to maximum rather that what the site suggested and got the message below - just FYI

"You have exceeded your recommended IDV (which is 10% less than last year policy's IDV). During an event of total loss/theft claim, insurers consider this 10% reduced IDV for settlement of the claim."
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 21:05   #5424
Distinguished - BHPian

Bottom like is that insurers will use their valuation of the car, not yours. I guess this is understandable.
Old 24th May 2023, 00:28   #5425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Bottom like is that insurers will use their valuation of the car, not yours. I guess this is understandable.
They shouldn't sell you insurance based on your valuation if they do not agree with your evaluation & aren't prepared to stand by it.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 03:05   #5426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
They shouldn't sell you insurance based on your valuation if they do not agree with your evaluation & aren't prepared to stand by it.
One would think so.

In my very small experience of the insurance industry, there are all sorts of things concerning both under- and over-insurance. I seem to remember that none of them favoured the customer! I'm sorry, I don't have the memory or understanding of the details: please excuse.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 17:04   #5427

Renewal of Car Insurance, after the claim last year

Hi All,

Seeking your opinion on renewal of insurance from my Skoda Superb that I purchased last year in the month of June. I had to get a claim last year, as the front bumper was damaged and required replacement. That said, now as I am checking own damage insurance quotations I noticed that as soon as I declare that there has been a claim last year, the premium amount increases drastically, it seems like if I am paying for the repair cost in the next year's premium, is that right? If so, what range should I expect the insurance to be in terms of the percentage of premium paid last year, I am looking for comprehensive coverage with zero dep and consumables etc.?

Also if I decide on the IDV, by what percentage should I reduce the IDV for my car after using for a year?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th May 2023, 17:48   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renewal of Car Insurance, after the claim last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgautam31 View Post
I noticed that as soon as I declare that there has been a claim last year, the premium amount increases drastically, it seems like if I am paying for the repair cost in the next year's premium, is that right? If so, what range should I expect the insurance to be in terms of the percentage of premium paid last year, I am looking for comprehensive coverage with zero dep and consumables etc.?

Also if I decide on the IDV, by what percentage should I reduce the IDV for my car after using for a year?
Insurance cos view customer who make Insurance claims in a policy year as high risk customers and hike the premiums accordingly. You can expect atleast 10-25% increase in the premium over last year. In addition you also lose the 20% NCB too so the premium this year will seem to be steep. You can try other Insurance cos who can offer lesser premium hike with aim of getting a customer.

A thumb rule of 10% less than last years IDV is to be used when getting quotes
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 12:49   #5429
Senior - BHPian

I am transferring my 50% NCB from an existing car to a new car to be purchased soon. While exploring the insurance options, a weird situation is manifesting itself. While transferring and getting the NCB bonus is pretty easy across the providers, None of them have the option of giving a NCB protector for a new car insurance. Their logic, new cars do not have any NCB, so system doesn't allow them. The problem with this is that if I make a claim in the first year, I lose the entire 50% NCB that I have had for almost 10+ years now. What options are available to overcome this?
Old 29th May 2023, 15:00   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I am transferring my 50% NCB from an existing car to a new car to be purchased soon. The problem with this is that if I make a claim in the first year, I lose the entire 50% NCB that I have had for almost 10+ years now. What options are available to overcome this?
Faced the same situation last year with Bajaj Allianz. Their argument was that NCB transferred from my other car will be listed as "special" discount in the policy. So NCB element will have zero value and they will not be able to provide protection add-on for it. I confirmed this on the premium breakup they shared with me; NCB value was zero and 50% NCB from my previous car was listed under other discounts.

But eventually I had to shelve the plans for a new car so could not follow up with them.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks