Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 01:46   #1381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
does it become necessary for me to get the repairs done from Ford Workshop only or can I get it done from a better place at the same time claiming insurance?
AFAIK, there should be no problem getting it done from the place of your choice, unless the insurance surveyor insists otherwise (keeping the claim amount in consideration).
Old 21st October 2010, 18:06   #1382
BHPian

Had a word with Prakul Pandit from Pandit & Co. in Okhla, New Delhi. He says he doesn't provide cashless facility. Are Iffco Tokio guys fussy at helping with claims?
Would they delay the settlement?
What's the general opinion about them?
Old 25th October 2010, 00:29   #1383
BHPian

Unique NCB issue

Let's say I have two cars. On first I have 45% NCB and on second it is nil as it is the first year of ownership.Insurance company is same for both the cars.

If I make a claim on this car then will the NCB of the first car will be lost? As I understand the NCB is for the person and not the vehicle, the owner being same NCB should be lost for the first car as well?

Any idea?
Old 25th October 2010, 01:35   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Let's say I have two cars. On first I have 45% NCB and on second it is nil as it is the first year of ownership.Insurance company is same for both the cars.

If I make a claim on this car then will the NCB of the first car will be lost? As I understand the NCB is for the person and not the vehicle, the owner being same NCB should be lost for the first car as well?

Any idea?
Dont worry rock,
NCB will be lost only for the car its used for. One accident wont cancel NCB for both cars. The NCB is for the person AND one of his cars. You can shift it to another car for same person but not to another person with same car.
Eg you didnt get NCB on your second car even though you had 45% on first car. They are seperate vehicles and carry seperate insurance NCB.
Hope this clears it up.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:50   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Dear forum friends,

I need an urgent help here. My car insurance expired on Nov 7, 2010. Usually, I always got a call from Tata AIG a week prior to the expiry date.

However this time, they neither called me, nor sent me the renewal notice.

I was traveling on account of work and it occurred to me yesterday, when I emailed and called my agent, as well as Tata AIG.

Today morning I got a reply from them stating that my case has been declined. They did not cite any reason for the same. Upon probing, they sent me a letter which states that

"We thank you for choosing Tata AIG for your insurance needs. We wish to remind you that your policy is due to expire on midnight of 07/11/2010 and on renewal you are entitled for 0% No Claim Bonus. The NCB status is based on the experience till date and is liable to change, if a claim is reported henceforth.

We regret to inform you that, considering the experience on the policy / segment, we are not in a position to offer you package cover on renewal. Instead we will be happy to provide you a Liability Only policy, as per the terms and conditions of the respective policy."

In 6 years of ownership (2 owners), the insurance company was never changed. There was just one claim (in March 2010). Can this be the reason for them to deny the renewal?

How do I go about getting a fresh policy now? Please recommend me a good insurer (except Tata AIG and Reliance).

Thanks in advance
Nishant
Old 10th November 2010, 13:35   #1386
BHPian

@nishantgandhi, maybe you would like to check out the following links:

Car Insurance in India - Car Insurance Policy: Premium Calculators, FAQs & Comparators
Car Insurance India, Online Car Insurance Comparison, Auto Insurance Quotes
Automobile Insurance
Car Insurance Quotes ? Compare Motor and Auto Insurance in India

Last edited by KA18 : 10th November 2010 at 13:40.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:47   #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Dear forum friends,

How do I go about getting a fresh policy now? Please recommend me a good insurer (except Tata AIG and Reliance).
Well, I have had a good experience with ICICI Lombard so far. So I would recommend them. You can visit their website and get a quote and even get the policy done online in minutes.

I also heard from friends that IFFCO Tokio offers rates lesser than others. So you could probably try either of these agencies
Old 10th November 2010, 18:02   #1388
BANNED

Guys

I am going for temporary registration as dealer is trying to fleece me of 5000/- for registering the car.

The HDFC ErGO insurance manager is telling me that comprehensive insurance is not valid under temporary registration. The Royal sundaram agent is assuring me that chassis No: and Engine No is sufficient and the vehicle will be covered.

I want to know if I have an accident before permanent registration if my vehicle will be covered by insurance.

Thanks.

Edit: I just found this http://www.courtjudgments.org/puran-...nal-insurance/

"...Admittedly the vehicle in question met with an accident within a period of one month from the date of its purchase and was bearing temporary registration number . Therefore , it is clear that at the time of the accident neither the vehicle was being plied in contravention of the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act nor in violation of the terms and conditions of the insurance policy. Hence we have no hesitation to conclude that the opposite party had repudiated the claim of the complainant illegally which amounts to deficiency in service and the complainant is entitled for compensation on this count ."

and shot back a rejoinder to the Manager at HDFC ERGO. He backed off and I scored a point.

Last edited by Ragul : 10th November 2010 at 18:14.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:58   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver View Post
Well, I have had a good experience with ICICI Lombard so far. So I would recommend them. You can visit their website and get a quote and even get the policy done online in minutes.

I also heard from friends that IFFCO Tokio offers rates lesser than others. So you could probably try either of these agencies
How about Bajaj Allianz or Royal Sundaram? Any first hand BAD experiences from either of the two?
Old 11th November 2010, 12:40   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Got the following quote from Bajaj Allianz

Car: Hyundai Getz 1.3 GL
Date of mfg/reg: Nov 2004
Previous insurer: Tata AIG
Claims made: 2 (both in 2010) - amounting to Rs 30k

IDV: Rs 210,000
Premium: Rs 6,400 (with Rs 0 voluntary excess)

How good is this offer?

How good is BA as an insurer? Do they have a good cashless tie up with reputed Hyundai service centers / garages?
Old 11th November 2010, 18:15   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Got the following quote from Bajaj Allianz

Car: Hyundai Getz 1.3 GL
Date of mfg/reg: Nov 2004
Previous insurer: Tata AIG
Claims made: 2 (both in 2010) - amounting to Rs 30k

IDV: Rs 210,000
Premium: Rs 6,400 (with Rs 0 voluntary excess)

How good is this offer?

How good is BA as an insurer? Do they have a good cashless tie up with reputed Hyundai service centers / garages?
If you are in a metro area, most of them have cashless tie up with service centers. I never had a claim experience with Bajaj allianz, but they seemed to responsive when I took the cover.
You can also check Iffco, they normally give better deals as well.
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:52   #1392
BHPian

I had a simple query. I do realise we have to keep depreciating our IDV value every year by atleast 10%. However, how much should be the first IDV value be ?

I mean this is the case with my car. I am buying a new car whos ex-showroom price is X now when i call up different insurance companies they are ok with whatever IDV value i select and give me the approx premium amount. Now considering the fact that if i am ok with paying whatever initial premium comes to, what is the best IDV value should one go for ?
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:40   #1393
BHPian

Insurance for my Ritz ZXi is up for renewal. Previously I had insurance from Royal Sundaram and didn't make any claims. This is the quote I got from Royal Sundaram for 2nd year.

IDV: 384334 (Ex-showroom price for my car was 480000 December last year)

Own Damage for Vehicle: 9462

Liability: 800
PA Cover Premium: 100
Additional PA Cover: 500
Legal liability to driver: 100

Less

For anti-theft devices: 237
20% for NCB: 1845

The final premium amount is coming out to be Rs 9700/-.

Now compare this with quote I am getting from Bajaj Allianz website -

IDV - 427700
Name:  Bajaj Allianz  Choose a Package_1290438527676.png
Views: 829
Size:  22.7 KB

Please advise whom should I go with.

EDIT: I read in previous posts that NCB is around 45%, whereas Royal Sundaram and Bajaj Allianz is offering me only 20% and 25% respectively.

Last edited by Gandhi : 22nd November 2010 at 20:43.
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:05   #1394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
I had a simple query. I do realise we have to keep depreciating our IDV value every year by atleast 10%. However, how much should be the first IDV value be ?

I mean this is the case with my car. I am buying a new car whos ex-showroom price is X now when i call up different insurance companies they are ok with whatever IDV value i select and give me the approx premium amount. Now considering the fact that if i am ok with paying whatever initial premium comes to, what is the best IDV value should one go for ?

First IDV is compulsory deduction of 5% on ex-showroom price only according to IRDA. The Insurance co cannot reduce more and declare a lower IDV.

HTH
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:48   #1395
BHPian

Hi All,

Its time to renew the insurance on my lancer and I want to go with comprehensive cover this time around. The issue is that my car is a 1999 model and I heard from a few friends that nobody offers comprehensive insurance for a car this old. However, I've made a sizable investment in this car and would like to get comprehensive if possible.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please? Do you have comprehensive cover for your 1999 or older car?

Thanks!

Tassem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks