Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 16:41   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Can start the thread in Shifting gears section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
do we have a similar thread for Health insurance too? Confused with the offerings from several providers and the huge difference in premium for same age, insured amount, policy term.
Your wish for me that is a command. Hear is the link for that trend.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1239270
Old 31st March 2009, 19:11   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Let me tell you Sirji Bajaj is the best in the business as far as motor insurance is concern. - Just a non-commercial advice. (My personal opinion, I can be wrong also.)
Is it so !! Any particular reason ?? Let me catch hold of the bajaj's person meanwhile !!

Last edited by ashthedivx : 31st March 2009 at 19:13.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:59   #183
BHPian

Quote:

Idv - Insured (This is only you and nothing else.) Declared Value. - What ever you want to declare will be covered. Normally it is between 10 to 20 % less then the last year's IDV. No fix calculation for this.
Thank you rjvora for the clarification
Old 1st April 2009, 08:35   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Is it so !! Any particular reason ?? Let me catch hold of the bajaj's person meanwhile !!
See my post no. 104 in private company they are the highest in the business. Service level is too good.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:33   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
See my post no. 104 in private company they are the highest in the business. Service level is too good.
I am trying best to get in touch with Bajaj's person who followed me up and gave quotation... but some how cannot reach him in spite of so many efforts

Meanwhile i have received the following quotation from Bharti AXA. Can you look at it.. it looks OK to my novice eyes.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-bhartiaxa.jpg

I am holding up the check, as insurance is to be expire 3rd April midnight, and will hand-over to Bharti AXA or Reliance today evening.

Another thing, i presume clearing of check and availability of handwritten cover note is as good as a valid poilcy ??
Old 1st April 2009, 11:54   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am trying best to get in touch with Bajaj's person who followed me up and gave quotation... but some how cannot reach him in spite of so many efforts

Meanwhile i have received the following quotation from Bharti AXA. Can you look at it.. it looks OK to my novice eyes.

Attachment 118682

I am holding up the check, as insurance is to be expire 3rd April midnight, and will hand-over to Bharti AXA or Reliance today evening.

Another thing, i presume clearing of check and availability of handwritten cover note is as good as a valid poilcy ??
Best quote. Show this quote to other companies. I think they will give you same quotes like this one. Do not change anything in tp side of the premium.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:02   #187
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Already done that.. mailed the quote to the reliance guy

Quote:
Care to answer this query as well !!
Old 1st April 2009, 12:12   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Already done that.. mailed the quote to the reliance guy

Care to answer this query as well !!
Opps...

Sorry I missed that point... Cover note is equal to insurance policy.

This is a temporary document which is issued by insurance company till the time insurance policy comes in your hand. It is 100% a valid document till two months after it is issued. Till that time insurance policy has to come in your hand.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:23   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Opps...

Sorry I missed that point... Cover note is equal to insurance policy.

This is a temporary document which is issued by insurance company till the time insurance policy comes in your hand. It is 100% a valid document till two months after it is issued. Till that time insurance policy has to come in your hand.
Thanks again !!
Old 1st April 2009, 16:25   #190
Senior - BHPian

As per the recommendation, picked up Bajaj Allianz with same IDV, insurance etc @ 10600 Rs.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:48   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the recommendation, picked up Bajaj Allianz with same IDV, insurance etc @ 10600 Rs.
Let me tell you, you have got the best deal from your insurance policy.
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:59   #192
BHPian

guys i called my service adviser at MASS and he said they dont have cashless claim facility for nationalised companies. is this true? my car is 9 months old and want to claim a dent on the boot and scratches on the bumper of my swift. my insurance is with national insurance. please tell me cashless is still possible.
Old 4th April 2009, 09:19   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
guys i called my service adviser at MASS and he said they dont have cashless claim facility for nationalised companies. is this true? my car is 9 months old and want to claim a dent on the boot and scratches on the bumper of my swift. my insurance is with national insurance. please tell me cashless is still possible.
I don't think so. If they don't have the tie-ups then you have to pay for the claim first and then insurance company will give you refund for that claim.

Remember you have to arrange for the insurance loss survey. You will have to call insurance company and inform them about the loss.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:35   #194
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think so. If they don't have the tie-ups then you have to pay for the claim first and then insurance company will give you refund for that claim.

Remember you have to arrange for the insurance loss survey. You will have to call insurance company and inform them about the loss.
thanks man!
just came back home from MASS. national insurance and maurti insurance is the same. thats what my adviser told me. so its cashless for me. only rs500 will be charged as per the clause.
Old 5th April 2009, 17:09   #195
Senior - BHPian

My insurance for civvy is due for renewal next month. I have got some quotes from ICICI, Bajaj, Reliance and Royal sundaram from the web. But seems there are a lot of difference in premium.

ICICI - 13674
Bajaj - 17460
Reliance - 18449
Royal sundaram - 16125

All have more or less the same IDV and features.

My current one is ICICI and they seem to be competitive this time too. Heard lot of negatives from this forum against ICICI. But how is it possible that they can give a premium so low.

The same thing happened last year as well ICICI gave 23k, where as the nearest competitor had give 30k+

Any suggestions?

Most Viewed