Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 17:22   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
I too have suggested getting only comparative quotes from their website. Would be a sheer waste of time to call every insurance co for a quote when you can get them all in a few clicks. I have never actually renewed through them but the person who called me seemed quite helpful.
Dear Roy,

Do you know that there quotes are also not 100% right. There are some coverages which insurance companies offer and there website says that it is not covered.

All in all bad website.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:43   #227
BHPian

2007 Maruti ALTO

Renewal in May 2009

Current Provider: Cholamandalam

1) My Query: Should I stick to Chola or should I switch to Maruti Insurance (Bajaj Alliance / Royal Sundaram)?

There was no claim during the last 1 year. What are the discounts I should ask for?

2) Problem: After renewal the policy papers for 2008 were not sent to me by Cholamandalam. Since there was no claims made in the past one year I didnt bother to check. Now Cholamandalam Regional Office is telling me that they can't provide the policy documents for this year instead they'll send someone to renew the policy. Is it possible for me to get the policy papers for 2008 from Chola say if I want to switch providers.

Please help.

Last edited by sabret00the : 29th April 2009 at 12:01.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:43   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
2007 Maruti ALTO

Renewal in May 2009

Current Provider: Cholamandalam

1) My Query: Should I stick to Chola or should I switch to Maruti Insurance (Bajaj Alliance / Royal Sundaram)?

There was no claim during the last 1 year. What are the discounts I should ask for?

2) Problem: After renewal the policy papers for 2008 were not sent to me by Cholamandalam. Since there was no claims made in the past one year I didnt bother to check. Now Cholamandalam Regional Office is telling me that they can't provide the policy documents for this year instead they'll send someone to renew the policy. Is it possible for me to get the policy papers for 2008 from Chola say if I want to switch providers.

Please help.
Give me policy no. of Chola I can help on this.

If you are not happy working with chola I would advice you to shift to Bajaj they are good.

One more point :- At the time of claim Chola is deducting 8% salvage from the claim which is wrong according me. - It's better to shift.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:30   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Give me policy no. of Chola I can help on this.

If you are not happy working with chola I would advice you to shift to Bajaj they are good.

One more point :- At the time of claim Chola is deducting 8% salvage from the claim which is wrong according me. - It's better to shift.
Thanks a lot for your assistance Sir.

I dont want to give out my Policy number in public forum so is it anyways possible for me to pm or email the same to you?

Can you pm me your mobile number if that is possible?

Once again thanks for the help.
Old 30th April 2009, 00:18   #230
BHPian

@ rjvora_2000: Does it really help to have a Anti Theft Device (eg. Xenos Central Locking or Autocop) installed in the car with respect to Insurance Premium. Can one get additional discount on the premium amount if such a device is installed. Further, does one need to furnish the bill of the Anti Theft device to the insurance company to avail of the additional discount if any.
Old 30th April 2009, 21:15   #231
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone ,

The insurance for my maruti 800 has expired about 3 years back. Havn't got around to getting it renewed.Now could you please tell me what should i do.Should i take a new policy from another insurance comapny or do i go back and tell them about it. Will any penalty apply?If yes then how much ? Please suggest
Old 30th April 2009, 22:03   #232
BHPian

Quote:
@ rjvora_2000: Does it really help to have a Anti Theft Device (eg. Xenos Central Locking or Autocop) installed in the car with respect to Insurance Premium. Can one get additional discount on the premium amount if such a device is installed. Further, does one need to furnish the bill of the Anti Theft device to the insurance company to avail of the additional discount if any.
Why not insure the Anti Theft Device too?
Old 1st May 2009, 00:10   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Why not insure the Anti Theft Device too?
Good one I think the entire reason for getting the device gets defeated isnt it?
Old 2nd May 2009, 18:15   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi everyone ,

The insurance for my maruti 800 has expired about 3 years back. Havn't got around to getting it renewed.Now could you please tell me what should i do.Should i take a new policy from another insurance comapny or do i go back and tell them about it. Will any penalty apply?If yes then how much ? Please suggest
You can go to any company and for fresh insurance only. There is nothing like penalty or anything like that.
Old 4th May 2009, 09:25   #235
BHPian

Quote:
You will get a discount of Max 250 INR for anti theft device.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:00   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
You will get a discount of Max 250 INR for anti theft device.
Yes you are 100% right it is 5% or Rs. 250/- which ever is the lower.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:18   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are 100% right it is 5% or Rs. 250/- which ever is the lower.
Will a copy of the bill and warranty suffice or does one needs to submit a "Installation Certificate" to claim the above discount. I have installed a Xenos Failsafe 180 4A Car Security System. Can I claim benefit as you have mentioned above.
Old 5th May 2009, 08:51   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will a copy of the bill and warranty suffice or does one needs to submit a "Installation Certificate" to claim the above discount. I have installed a Xenos Failsafe 180 4A Car Security System. Can I claim benefit as you have mentioned above.
Copy of bill will do.

Is this system is approved by R.T.O.?
Old 5th May 2009, 18:58   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can go to any company and for fresh insurance only. There is nothing like penalty or anything like that.

Would any other company ask for the old policy papers?
Old 8th May 2009, 09:11   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Would any other company ask for the old policy papers?
Only RC book in enough. No other document required in your case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks