Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 12:14   #271
BHPian

Time has come to renew my car (Toyota Corolla) insurance. Currently it is insured with Iffco-Tokio. For renewal, I have got the following quotes:
1. Iffco-Tokio: Rs. 20,169/-
2. Reliance: Rs. 18,061/-

These are the preferred 2 insurance companies with the dealer (Ravindu Toyota). Kindly suggest which one to go along with. Any horror / good experience stories for either of them are welcome.

Thanks.
Old 30th May 2009, 10:06   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi.Knight View Post
Time has come to renew my car (Toyota Corolla) insurance. Currently it is insured with Iffco-Tokio. For renewal, I have got the following quotes:
1. Iffco-Tokio: Rs. 20,169/-
2. Reliance: Rs. 18,061/-

These are the preferred 2 insurance companies with the dealer (Ravindu Toyota). Kindly suggest which one to go along with. Any horror / good experience stories for either of them are welcome.

Thanks.
Any other company then Reliance and Icici is better for doing the business. but I think the premium is little on higher side. which year car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
ok, i checked with Bajaj Allianz.

They say the car's IDV is in the range of 3.07 lakh to 3.40 lakh

For 3.4 lakh, the premium is 7,000. (all quotes earlier from Reliance etc had taken IDV @ 3.16 lakh)

Should I get insured for the minimum IDV or the max??

Pls advice

Thanks
Higher the better, you will get more amount in case of total loss.
Old 31st May 2009, 21:52   #273
BHPian

Can you pls clear up two more points:

My Hyundai service centre says they don't have cashless facility for Bajaj and Chola. They do it ONLY for Reliance (and Iffco-tokio, i think) and that's the BEST and that's THE ONLY ONE they would recommend.

Considering that I'll be dealing mainly with the service centre, Is it still advisable to go for bajaj? (their quote is the highest, too)

Also, according to the service centre, since my IDV last year was 351,689, even if I make my IDV 340,000 this year, I will get a max payout of 316,520, because the depriciation HAS to be factored in. Is this true?

Thanks for the help
Old 31st May 2009, 22:51   #274
BHPian

i recently bought a second hand car with a third party insurance. now i want to go for a comprehensive insurance. how to get no claim bonus and max discount. i also own another car and it has comprehensive insurance. can the ncb from my other car be transferred to my newly bought second hand car. please suggest.
Old 2nd June 2009, 08:51   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Can you pls clear up two more points:

My Hyundai service centre says they don't have cashless facility for Bajaj and Chola. They do it ONLY for Reliance (and Iffco-tokio, i think) and that's the BEST and that's THE ONLY ONE they would recommend.

Considering that I'll be dealing mainly with the service centre, Is it still advisable to go for bajaj? (their quote is the highest, too)

Also, according to the service centre, since my IDV last year was 351,689, even if I make my IDV 340,000 this year, I will get a max payout of 316,520, because the depriciation HAS to be factored in. Is this true?

Thanks for the help
Don't go for bajaj then. go for iffco. DON'T GO FOR RELIANCE AT ANY COST.

yes that is true. your IDV has to be Rs. 316520 that should be the highest not more then that, as that is the 10% less then the last years value.
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:01   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
i recently bought a second hand car with a third party insurance. now i want to go for a comprehensive insurance. how to get no claim bonus and max discount. i also own another car and it has comprehensive insurance. can the ncb from my other car be transferred to my newly bought second hand car. please suggest.
From TP insurance to comprehensive insurance the insurance will need a survey and then the policy can be taken.
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:59   #277
Team-BHP Support

Am in a dilemma

Do I renew with icici lombard at Rs 13000 - although they processed a claim okay, they still have not updated various details properly or my bank is offering Bajaj allianz at Rs 17000, they are offering to follow up and process any claim if anything happens,

Should I stick with ICICI or change over?
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:51   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Am in a dilemma

Do I renew with icici lombard at Rs 13000 - although they processed a claim okay, they still have not updated various details properly or my bank is offering Bajaj allianz at Rs 17000, they are offering to follow up and process any claim if anything happens,

My advice would be to change the company and bargain with Bajaj or with anyone else.
Old 6th June 2009, 08:51   #279
Senior - BHPian

My Verna is due for Insurance on Monday. 2nd year starting now.

I had with Bajaj Allianz earlier.

Who should I choose - IFFCO, TATA AIG or BAJAJ ?

I got a letter from Bajaj stating -

IDV - 594532 / Premium on this - 15178 ( from this I will take off 20 % NCB )

Now is this NCB all right ? Also I should be getting a discount, how much should that be ?
Old 6th June 2009, 09:14   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
My Verna is due for Insurance on Monday. 2nd year starting now.

I had with Bajaj Allianz earlier.

Who should I choose - IFFCO, TATA AIG or BAJAJ ?

I got a letter from Bajaj stating -

IDV - 594532 / Premium on this - 15178 ( from this I will take off 20 % NCB )

Now is this NCB all right ? Also I should be getting a discount, how much should that be ?
(NCB +) Other discount should be 20% or more, If you have a petrol car then discount will be 35% or more.

Call the no. which must be written on the letter and ask for more discount.

STICK to Bajaj as they are the best in the business.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 6th June 2009 at 09:16.
Old 6th June 2009, 17:13   #281
BHPian

guys,
my car insurance is up for renewal and have been bombarded with calls.
its a santro xing xo 2007 model and theres no claims so far
for an idv of 2.65lacs,
ICICI lombard agent quoted me Rs5,500
TATA AIG quotes Rs5,900

and when i checked the quote in icici lombard site, i got a quote of 2.65 lacs.. all parameters been same.

TATA AIG insists their claim process is the most simplest
-No deduction on count of Salvage value - i didnt understand what this means
-and claims can be reported over phone and the agent said icici doesnt have this facility

Now i am really confused, which company to go with?
All companies have different premiums for the same IDV(all parameters same)
Old 8th June 2009, 09:10   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
guys,
my car insurance is up for renewal and have been bombarded with calls.
its a santro xing xo 2007 model and theres no claims so far
for an idv of 2.65lacs,
ICICI lombard agent quoted me Rs5,500
TATA AIG quotes Rs5,900

and when i checked the quote in icici lombard site, i got a quote of 2.65 lacs.. all parameters been same.

TATA AIG insists their claim process is the most simplest
-No deduction on count of Salvage value - i didnt understand what this means
-and claims can be reported over phone and the agent said icici doesnt have this facility

Now i am really confused, which company to go with?
All companies have different premiums for the same IDV(all parameters same)
All the insurance companies motor insurance claims can be informed on phone. This is not something which is only with Tata Aig.

Under any circumstances don't go to Icici.

Salvage means the metal parts which has been replaced for new parts and the remaining debris which is to be given to bhangaar wala.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:23   #283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am in a dilemma

Finally went with Tata AIG for Rs 15000. Experience of their claim process has been good. Could not justify the extra Rs 3000 for Bajaj. However Tata AIG renewal took so much time, talking to 3 different people saying the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, ICICI lombard did help out in my claim but renewal time was an issue, no updation of my reg no, transfer from previous owner to my name was not complete.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:39   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally went with Tata AIG for Rs 15000. Experience of their claim process has been good. Could not justify the extra Rs 3000 for Bajaj. However Tata AIG renewal took so much time, talking to 3 different people saying the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, ICICI lombard did help out in my claim but renewal time was an issue, no updation of my reg no, transfer from previous owner to my name was not complete.
I fully agree with you on this point. I am not criticizing any company but..

Icici - As a group they are too aggressive in any thing right from selling a SB Bank A/c or credit card or any types of loan or insurance.

Tata - As a group they have been always slow and non-aggressive.

That's the difference between the two.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:26   #285
BANNED

Transfer of NCB

Hi
My car's insurance is expiring on 29th of this month. I am planning to sell my car and go for an MUV/SUV.I would like to have my NCB of 45% transferred to my new car. The insurance provider is New India Assuarance co.Ltd. Can you pls explain the whole process involved?

Thanks
Dilip Kumar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks