Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:53   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi,
My name is wrongly spelt on the insurance certificate. They have jumbled the my first, middle and last name ! I did not realise until a police man stopped me late night to check my documents. I got the insurance through post and put it in the glove box straight away ( 10 months ago ! )

Bajaj Allianz is the insurer..I will call them tomorrow to check what documents they need for correcting the name...

wanted to check the advise on here..

cheers
It happened with me also. They put engine number same as chassis number and they splet my name wrong. Put an email to bajaj customer care with details of the policy and a scan copy of your RC book. They will solve it in 2 to 3 days time and you will receive new set of doc with corrections
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:43   #437

My office does not have a proper parking space. I park my car (Verna) on the road. Someone scratched the bonnet and both the side-front panels with some sharp object. Those scratches are really deep. Rubbing and polishing will not work. There is no dent though.

My question is, can I claim insurance for this? Insurance is with Bharti AXA and my experience with them is satisfactory. Please note that, 3 Months back I claimed insurance when I had an accident and the front bumper had to be replaced.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:59   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post

I am buying a new Indica Vista in the first week of september. Currently there is free insurance offer going on Vista, but since i am buying Vista through CSD, dealer willing to give me only 60% of free insurance.
I don't think the dealer or for that matter even the manufacturer stand to lose anything on the cars sold through CSD.The difference in the market price & CSD price is because of the reduced taxes applicable by the various state governments on the vehicles sold through CSD.
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:56   #439
BHPian

My verna's insurance is due for renewal next month. I asked tata aig to send me a mail with their offer and they mentioned this:

[SIZE=2]In addition to this, we also provide you with the "Depreciation Reimbursement "add-on. This benefit ensures that no depreciation is charged to YOU in the case of you repairing or replacing any parts of your car at our authorized garages. All that you have to pay is the compulsory deductible amount depending upon the car's cubic capacity. This Add-on provides this benefit for the first two claims during the period of the insurance with TAGIC and is valid only if the claim is made at any of our listed garages.[/SIZE]

The executive told me that if i make a claim, I will be directed to one of their listed garages for repairs. Now does this give me problems with my warranty, if they make me change parts in a non authorized service center?
And another query is that how much more will I have to pay as premium if I do take this add on benefit (as an approximate percentage)?
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:28   #440
BHPian

Forced Insurance / Less IDV - New car!!!

Hi Rupesh,

First off.. You are doing a great job here. Kudos to your efforts.

Now to my query. I have just brought a new car Getz Crdi and the dealer forced me to take the insurance through them.

The ex showroom price of the car is Rs. 5.20 Lacs.
However, in the IDV he has mentioned the IDV value as Rs. 4.75Lacs.

This basically means that if the car were to be stolen tomm, i'd be getting 4.75L only!!

Also, he's given me some crazy premium billing ( the cover note from Bajaj Allianz).

Basic ( OD Premium) 15599
Less : Electrical Acc 3120
Amount 12479
Add
TPPD / Act 800
Owner Driver Cover 100
Paid Driver 25
Passengers 250
Net Premium 13654
Service Tax 1406
Final 15060

The scroundrel also hasnt included the Electrical accesories / Seat covers etc of Rs. 60K in the policy.

On shouting to him about that, he said that he is getting it endorsed, but i'll have to pay extra for that.!!

I spoke to Bajaj Allianz itself on their call centre and they have given me a quote of Rs.16234 for an IDV of Rs. 5,75,000. Car Value - Rs. 5,20,000 + 55K accesories.

Net OD Premium - 13668,
Net TP Premium - 1050
Total Premium - 14718
Service Tax - 1472
Education Cess - 44
Final Premium 16234

My questions are :

- Does the IDV have to be fixed by the dealer? The dealer's agent mentioned that they have to take the IDV as 95% of the Ex Showroom price. Does it COMPULSORILY have to be 95%??

- What is the major diff in the quotes. Since Bajal Allianz has themselves given both.

- Can i keep the same IDV next year too?? As i already have suffered a loss of around 55K this year in the quotation. ( your this post comes close to answering my query - but just to reconfirm : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1384707 )

- Can I surrender this policy and get a refund on the premium?? Like in mediclaim insurance, if you are not satisfied with the terms of your policy, you can surrender within 15 days and you get a full refund.

I am fighting hard with the dealer that i wont be paying anything above the 15K that i have already paid. But do i have other options??

Do advise.

Last edited by Bapu : 23rd September 2009 at 16:47.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:07   #441
BHPian

Hi Rjvora_2000

I have received a following quote for my car city zx gxi ( m/f 2008 ). Insurance company has mentioned IDV as 621236. No NCB as I had claimed it once.

Basic Third Party Liability 800
PA Cover For Passanger Of Rs. 0
each
LL to Driver for 1-4 Driver 25
Total Act Premium: 1325
Total Premium 17641
Special Discount 0
Additional Loading 0
Net Premium 17641
Service Tax 1764

Final Premium Rs. 19458

Can you comment on this one please ? I have checked couple online renewals ( ICICI , sundaram ) and I see premium around 14-15 K

wondering why this guy has quoted 19458. Could you please tell me what should be the premium for my car ( city zx gxi , M/F 2008 , no ncb )

Thanks for your help sir.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:16   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
In such a scenario, can't the NCB be transferred to the buyer?
No, you can't. Under any situation NCB can not be transfer to any member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratip View Post
My office does not have a proper parking space. I park my car (Verna) on the road. Someone scratched the bonnet and both the side-front panels with some sharp object. Those scratches are really deep. Rubbing and polishing will not work. There is no dent though.

My question is, can I claim insurance for this? Insurance is with Bharti AXA and my experience with them is satisfactory. Please note that, 3 Months back I claimed insurance when I had an accident and the front bumper had to be replaced.
All the side scratches, and other miscellaneous damages to paint is not payable under one claim. You need to claim one or two side and then you can do some dealings with the workshop for other sides painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
My verna's insurance is due for renewal next month. I asked tata aig to send me a mail with their offer and they mentioned this:

[SIZE=2]In addition to this, we also provide you with the "Depreciation Reimbursement "add-on. This benefit ensures that no depreciation is charged to YOU in the case of you repairing or replacing any parts of your car at our authorized garages. All that you have to pay is the compulsory deductible amount depending upon the car's cubic capacity. This Add-on provides this benefit for the first two claims during the period of the insurance with TAGIC and is valid only if the claim is made at any of our listed garages.[/SIZE]

The executive told me that if i make a claim, I will be directed to one of their listed garages for repairs. Now does this give me problems with my warranty, if they make me change parts in a non authorized service center?
And another query is that how much more will I have to pay as premium if I do take this add on benefit (as an approximate percentage)?
Normally insurance company has a tie-ups with authorized garages so that you don't have to worry for your warranty.

for premium I would request you to check with tata aig it self as i am also not aware of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
You are doing a great job here. Kudos to your efforts.

My questions are :

- Does the IDV have to be fixed by the dealer? The dealer's agent mentioned that they have to take the IDV as 95% of the Ex Showroom price. Does it COMPULSORILY have to be 95%??

- What is the major diff in the quotes. Since Bajal Allianz has themselves given both.

- Can i keep the same IDV next year too?? As i already have suffered a loss of around 55K this year in the quotation. ( your this post comes close to answering my query - but just to reconfirm : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1384707 )

- Can I surrender this policy and get a refund on the premium?? Like in mediclaim insurance, if you are not satisfied with the terms of your policy, you can surrender within 15 days and you get a full refund.

I am fighting hard with the dealer that i wont be paying anything above the 15K that i have already paid. But do i have other options??

Do advise.
Thank you for the king words. What is KUDOS?

Answering your query: -
1. No one other then you can decide the IDV of the car. I also normally advice that first year IDV has to be 5% less then the Ex-showroom price.

2. There is no difference other then your IDV is high in the second quote.

3. Insurance company will pay you less if you don't reduce the value.

4. Yes, you can surrender this policy and get the refund and go for new policy.

Tell dealer you will not buy the car if insurance is not done as you are telling him to do. What you are telling the dealer to add the value of the car and that will increase the premium and he will also get more commission on that so, do as you tell him to do.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:15   #443
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Rupesh ji ! This is a great thread.

I had a few queries, I have 2005 jan Santro XS the NCB is 45-50% on this car, the insurance is from National insurance done by the dealer. Anyway Now i'm purchasing another hyundai car and i want this NCB transfered.

Today i went in for Reliance insurance for the new car. now my question is -

1. Policy bazaar people told me that if i can get the NCB papers from National insurance then they will refund me the money. Right now they have given me a covernote so that i can get the car deliverd. The NCB paper has to be given before i get the insurance policy.

Is this valid ?

2. The agent who had come over to my place he told me that, NCB is valid for 3years and can be used, transfered onto any vehicle in my name in this period. He said i could adjust the NCB in my NEXT years premium also.

Is this true ? i'm confused.

3. The mechanic told me that i could rather take a claim on my insurance for santro and get all the small nicks n dents fixed and sell it off!

how does this sound?

4. Form 29-30 required for NCB ? But i have not sold my santro yet... i will sell it but it will take time. Can i still get NCB ?

thanx before hand!

Cheers
SiD
Old 24th September 2009, 06:51   #444
BHPian

Folks - a query

- I have a car in my name and purchasing another car in my name as well
- My current car carries comprehensive Insurance with 25% NCB. IDV of ~1.75 lakhs.
- Policy expires: mid December 2009.
- I donot intend to sell my current car or transfer it on someone elses name.

My question is, can I
- Use the 25% NCB towards my new car
- Continue to have comprehensive on both cars. The insurance agent is telling me I cannot do have comprehensive continued on my older car if I want to use my NCB. He is telling me that I should convert my policy to a 3rd party liability.
- I wish to get some body damage repairs done to my older car. Assuming I can use my no claim bonus towards the new car, can I claim insurance from for repairs later (say in November). Or should I wait for the policy to be renewed?

Please advice.

Thanks
Old 24th September 2009, 09:50   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Rupesh ji ! This is a great thread.

I had a few queries, I have 2005 jan Santro XS the NCB is 45-50% on this car, the insurance is from National insurance done by the dealer. Anyway Now i'm purchasing another hyundai car and i want this NCB transfered.

Today i went in for Reliance insurance for the new car. now my question is -

1. Policy bazaar people told me that if i can get the NCB papers from National insurance then they will refund me the money. Right now they have given me a covernote so that i can get the car deliverd. The NCB paper has to be given before i get the insurance policy.

Is this valid ?

2. The agent who had come over to my place he told me that, NCB is valid for 3years and can be used, transfered onto any vehicle in my name in this period. He said i could adjust the NCB in my NEXT years premium also.

Is this true ? i'm confused.

3. The mechanic told me that i could rather take a claim on my insurance for santro and get all the small nicks n dents fixed and sell it off!

how does this sound?

4. Form 29-30 required for NCB ? But i have not sold my santro yet... i will sell it but it will take time. Can i still get NCB ?

thanx before hand!

Cheers
SiD
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Don't take a claim on the old car, transfer the old car's NCB to new car.
4. No you can't, once you sell the car then only you can get the NCB. for transfer you need to have any sell proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
Folks - a query

- I have a car in my name and purchasing another car in my name as well
- My current car carries comprehensive Insurance with 25% NCB. IDV of ~1.75 lakhs.
- Policy expires: mid December 2009.
- I donot intend to sell my current car or transfer it on someone elses name.

My question is, can I
- Use the 25% NCB towards my new car
- Continue to have comprehensive on both cars. The insurance agent is telling me I cannot do have comprehensive continued on my older car if I want to use my NCB. He is telling me that I should convert my policy to a 3rd party liability.
- I wish to get some body damage repairs done to my older car. Assuming I can use my no claim bonus towards the new car, can I claim insurance from for repairs later (say in November). Or should I wait for the policy to be renewed?

Please advice.

Thanks
You can use the NCB in new or on old car but not on both the car's. You can not fool the insurance company.

Either you claim in current car and forget the NCB or you can transfer the NCB form current car to new car and pay for the damages you want to claim in the current car.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:55   #446
Senior - BHPian

Good news !!!!!

Just to inform you guy's.

Bajaj also has launched a new plan in motor insurance, but I don't have the much details on the same. As soon as I have some details I will let you know the same. (Just in a day or two)

Happy Insured driving !!!
Old 24th September 2009, 18:01   #447
BHPian

Hello,

I have called the Insurance agent today, from got to know that need
1) Sale Letter,
2) RC Book ,
3) Original Insurance Document

For transfer of Insurance. I have 2 & 3 with me, but i don't have a Sale letter.How would the transfer happen now, I cannot get the Sale letter (the original Rc was on company name and getting letter would be a time consuming process, I would be leaving for Belgium next week need to get the insurance before that , What would be the best possible workaround for this. Do it need to forgo the insurance and take a new one
Old 25th September 2009, 06:34   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Don't take a claim on the old car, transfer the old car's NCB to new car.
4. No you can't, once you sell the car then only you can get the NCB. for transfer you need to have any sell proof.

You can use the NCB in new or on old car but not on both the car's. You can not fool the insurance company.

Either you claim in current car and forget the NCB or you can transfer the NCB form current car to new car and pay for the damages you want to claim in the current car.
Thanks Raghavji - intent was not to fool anyone.
Additional question - can I claim repairs on the car after my insurance is renewed in mid-december. In that case, I can still leverage my no-claim bonus right for my new car, renew my insurance in december and then get repairs done on my older car?

Thanks
Old 25th September 2009, 08:46   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
Thanks Raghavji - intent was not to fool anyone.
Additional question - can I claim repairs on the car after my insurance is renewed in mid-december. In that case, I can still leverage my no-claim bonus right for my new car, renew my insurance in december and then get repairs done on my older car?

Thanks
You put my name wrong
It's RUPESH JADAVJI VORA

I am not clear what you are asking please re-furnish your question.

Thank's buddy.
Old 25th September 2009, 08:50   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by npraneethreddy View Post
Hello,

I have called the Insurance agent today, from got to know that need
1) Sale Letter,
2) RC Book ,
3) Original Insurance Document

For transfer of Insurance. I have 2 & 3 with me, but i don't have a Sale letter.How would the transfer happen now, I cannot get the Sale letter (the original Rc was on company name and getting letter would be a time consuming process, I would be leaving for Belgium next week need to get the insurance before that , What would be the best possible workaround for this. Do it need to forgo the insurance and take a new one
Do you have any other proof of sale, if yes that will also help you. Eg. Cheque or D.D. copy or delivery note.

RC book has now which name?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks